Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
personally like the guy, but I don't like his game, from his stroke to his play, and his

game is straight pool and hes only won one major title in it. mosconi won it 19X back

when everybody played straight, so him having the record holds more credence.

Schmidt is a low level pro, won a 9 ball title and a straight title, he clearly has abilities,

but overall he went by the moniker Mr400, he advertises himself as a straight pool

player, and he should be winning the staright pool tournament every year, he doesn't, so

I don't like him having the record. but hes a gentleman of the game, he promotes it, he

lives it, so him having the record only brings positive. ultimately, who gives a ****, good

for him.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
What kind of fatboy are you, someone revoke this man's bacon privileges asap
A0eRBrVCcAAXoHJ.jpg

that's raw pork on a fat chick. I will. raw pork can give you a list deseases

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Well hell yeah. He spent months playing ridiculous hours of 14.1 on tables with 5” pockets. Playing against the table only, able to get right back to it after a miss. Then he’s playing 9 ball against other pros (that’s a guess, I don’t know who he played) on a diamond. He was back in the real world. On the tournament’s schedule, punished for every miss, normal pressure, added pressure. I don’t know much about his 9 ball game but I definitely wouldn’t have bet on him finishing high in that particular Open.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Does anyone find it amazing that right after a so called run of 626 Schmidt plays at the US Open he barely beats a girl his first match and his next 2 matches he loses 11-0 and 11-0? ...

The 626 (late May, 2019) at Easy Street was about a month after the U.S. Open 9-Ball (late April, 2019).

It was his attempts at Bull Shooters that were shortly before the Open.

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 626 (late May, 2019) at Easy Street was about a month after the U.S. Open 9-Ball (late April, 2019).

It was his attempts at Bull Shooters that were shortly before the Open.

Oh that’s a perfect reason then to lose 22 games in a row after practicing more than any other player in the world before a tournament.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Does anyone find it amazing that right after a so called run of 626 Schmidt plays at the US Open he barely beats a girl his first match and his next 2 matches he loses 11-0 and 11-0?

Bobby, I don't find that amazing at all. We've already established that Babe Cranfield was the best at straight pool runs. I can attest to that, being his practice partner in Syracuse in 1977 and 1978.

But, when it came to competition, albeit a bit later, the Senior Tournament at Harrah's in Atlantic City, Babe was tight, nervous, sweating, and didn't have the same game that Mosconi, Moore, and Lassiter had.

So you find it amazing that John doesn't have the same game at another discipline than high 14.1 runs? I don't find that amazing, and I don't disagree with you. Players are different, and have very different strengths.

All the best,
WW

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby, I don't find that amazing at all. We've already established that Babe Cranfield was the best at straight pool runs. I can attest to that, being his practice partner in Syracuse in 1977 and 1978.

But, when it came to competition, albeit a bit later, the Senior Tournament at Harrah's in Atlantic City, Babe was tight, nervous, sweating, and didn't have the same game that Mosconi, Moore, and Lassiter had.

So you find it amazing that John doesn't have the same game at another discipline than high 14.1 runs? I don't find that amazing, and I don't disagree with you. Players are different, and have very different strengths.

All the best,
WW

John won the U S Open 9 ball in 2006. It is possible the exclusive focus on 14.1 reduced his chances at 9 ball but he can play 9 ball when he focuses on it.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Thanks

Danny I’ve seen you around since you got started, we met briefly a couple times. I have zero beef with you.

My advice is this, if you can, and I don’t know the answer-go break his run or claimed run and put it all to bed.

Best regards,
Fatboy

This is solid, I have very little interest in messin with it, I mostly play 3 cushion these days. Thank you for offer there in Las Vegas with my 351 Fatboy. I will try and listen to your sage advice and put their claimed run to bed now. It is a bit of a nightmare to true students of 14.1 to devise this sports history claim and have the audacity to not release the footage to proper chain of command - with such little evidence? However had the bca,charlie williams and john used this business model you mapped out for us briefly - then they probly would have had a large following after sharing the tape with the general public and strike while the iron was hot.It was more of an instant gratification deal hall of fame timeline pressure imho. :-( They are out of gas and so is the bca with this possible fake news stuffing. I just wanted them to know - their mystery tape stuffing is bogus to me - I will leave it alone. I would like to apologize if I offended any honest students of 14.1 with all of this conjecture - I am very passionate when it comes to 14.1 and anythin' that looks like fake news pertaining to Straight Pool is offensive to me and I admit to bein' a bit overly sensitive. If I was able to shed light on whats seems to be as of recent - a very dimly lit area of 14.1 sports Pocket Billiard history - then I feel I have done my job. Take care Fatboy - :) Actually I am still learning and practice 14.1 on 5x10 'Semi' regularly - the more bar leegs pop up - the more I will continue to practice Straight Pool. I am an honest American student of 14.1. :)

Last edited:

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wrldpro[/QUOTE said:
Does anyone find it amazing that right after a so called run of 626 Schmidt plays at the US Open he barely beats a girl his first match and his next 2 matches he loses 11-0 and 11-0?/QUOTE]

You got most of this wrong. The US Open was before his run. He won his first and third matches. The woman he beat 11-9 was actually a big male German player with the name Gwyn (a male name in Germany).

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone find it amazing that right after a so called run of 626 Schmidt plays at the US Open he barely beats a girl his first match and his next 2 matches he loses 11-0 and 11-0?/QUOTE]

You got most of this wrong. The US Open was before his run. He won his first and third matches. The woman he beat 11-9 was actually a big male German player with the name Gwyn (a male name in Germany).

Oh my mistake. It was after he ran multiple 400+ Runs then he played in the 9 ball event and lost 22 games in a row.. Sorry I didn’t get my exact facts right but I do know no unedited video equals Bull Shitz.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yer all air - without force

My money is on John if any of you world beaters want to challenge him

No thanks I already defeated him for 10 large live stream video open for everyone to see - seen his act (throwing chalk and arguing bout rules but ya i can tell yer one of the rodents - good luck with that). I always heard a true gambler wants to lose - sounds like u fit that business model.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
No air heads

This is not a thread about gambling - this was about Pocket Billiards Sports history and the process of just exactly HOW it's adjudicated (possiblefake news = nyslimes,bca, and draggin promoshuns)'. As for the loser gamblers - just not interested. Just saw thelatest pic of Charlie, he and schmidt have grown goatee's - makes him look more like a rodents of fake news to me. Schmidt really has no idea how fortunate he was that the piece of chalk he threw TAR match - me winning the cash (that went sailing passed my head) - did not hit me - he would have learned and honest lesson.

Last edited:

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't understand this. I have been following this thread now for a couple of days.

There were witnesses in John's live ran, therefore, the whole controversy brought up here about the record not being live streamed and the Edit or unedit secret video doesn't have much relevance I would say.

He did run 626. I don't think John is always a perfeft gentleman playing the game, but most of us aren't neither, we all have our bad days.

It's very unlikely that something here has been twisted. A company like Predator would not compensate what he has unless absolutely a true run.

Now, -do I think it is the highest practice 14.1 run? Me and most would think absolutely not.

But undoubtely should be the new record. And if there wasn't a camera recording it should still be the record, because of the follow up his runs were getting and because of all the witnesses.

John could not stand to lie about it
or to claim he did, when he didn't I assure you

The money reward here is irrelevant
he could not live with himself knowing he cheated

I doubt most of the Cranfield, Mosconi, Eufemia's huge practice runs, even through is very possible that at least one of those was indeed legitimate,
but the one practice run I don't doubt for a second is the very little known one in the modern era that certain german player did not care to publicize

I won't neither, but I believe it was actually higher than John's 626.

A higher practice run has been done I would bet on it.

But John Schmidt absolutely has the official record now

the "purist" that they like calling themselves questioning JS purity of his run with the sanding of slate jaws and huge pockets should start questioning Mosconi's amazing run on an 8 foot table.

It really puzzles me that Mosconi's mark has had such an impact, when it wasnt even done on a regulation table.

How come Engert's official 491 has always been down played? It was on a regular 9 foot table

The runs made in Germany and not in the USA worth less?

John already had the official record once he beat Engert's, in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh my mistake. It was after he ran multiple 400+ Runs then he played in the 9 ball event and lost 22 games in a row.. Sorry I didn’t get my exact facts right but I do know no unedited video equals Bull Shitz.

He never lost 22 games in a row. He won his first and third match, lost his second and fourth. So far you have gotten 5 facts wrong in trying to degrade John.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I don't understand this. I have been following this thread now for a couple of days.

There were witnesses in John's live ran, therefore, the whole controversy brought up here about the record not being live streamed and the Edit or unedit secret video doesn't have much relevance I would say.

He did run 626. I don't think John is always a perfeft gentleman playing the game, but most of us aren't neither, we all have our bad days.

It's very unlikely that something here has been twisted. A company like Predator would not compensate what he has unless absolutely a true run.

Now, -do I think it is the highest practice 14.1 run? Me and most would think absolutely not.

But undoubtely should be the new record. And if there wasn't a camera recording it should still be the record, because of the follow up his runs were getting and because of all the witnesses.

John could not stand to lie about it
or to claim he did, when he didn't I assure you

The money reward here is irrelevant
he could not live with himself knowing he cheated

I doubt most of the Cranfield, Mosconi, Eufemia's huge practice runs, even through is very possible that at least one of those was indeed legitimate,
but the one practice run I don't doubt for a second is the very little known one in the modern era that certain german player did not care to publicize

I won't neither, but I believe it was actually higher than John's 626.

A higher practice run has been done I would bet on it.

But John Schmidt absolutely has the official record now

the "purist" that they like calling themselves questioning JS purity of his run with the sanding of slate jaws and huge pockets should start questioning Mosconi's amazing run on an 8 foot table.

It really puzzles me that Mosconi's mark has had such an impact, when it wasnt even done on a regulation table.

How come Engert's official 491 has always been down played? It was on a regular 9 foot table

The runs made in Germany and not in the USA worth less?

John already had the official record once he beat Engert's, in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

again facebook puppet - where is the tape - is what we do not understand. I have won some large 14.1 events - so if I had a few friends in the drive by media -nyslimes,bca and dragon promo shun - i could claim to have run 1026 and I would get away with it cause my drive by media friends could represent me whether I showed proof at that point - would be irrelevant. Or in other words when legend becomes fact - print the legend ha ha nice try hollywood moron's - but it won't work with us purist. Were not all oblivious puppets like u. but I am sure you don't understand us wanting to see proof and not just take some yahoo's word for it over at bca - that might not have ever even played 14.1. Bad try puppet. Also Mosconi's era did not have the ability to record the run and show the public - so that is a false narrative yer pushing like the rest of the puppets. Sounds like I should block everyone who starts out there thread saying ' i don't understand this'. I think u understand quite clearly that we would like to see proof. Why do you think he has not shown the tape to the world? Go back to facebook - wher u belong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.