My experience with 7 carbon shafts so far

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tiger carbon is a modified conical taper? That sounds interesting, im not really a pro taper fan. What other carbons dont have pro tapers?

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried the China knock off?
Seems odd it hasn’t been mentioned

I have built a few shafts with the Chinese blanks (for others); basically, installed reverse ferrules (vault plates) and phenolic joints.

They start a bit less smooth verses the mainstream shafts (Revo, Cuetec, Jacoby, Meucci, etc); however, some light wet sanding with 3000 grit makes them equivalent.

They hit great if/when built up correctly; however, the one's I have seen have a wall thickness between .049" to .052" (vs .040 to .044) making the mass a bit too high for the extremely LD I prefer.
Not a bad option for someone considering the move from a normal deflection maple.
I can get the deflection equivalent to Cuetec Cynergy with a very low mass vault plate, but I prefer less deflection.

vincentg74

Until now I was playing WX900 and tried the Ignite, but was not happy with it, beacuse it had no playing advantage, especially deflection was more. At first I was also trying Revo 12.9 but did not like the feel of the hit and the sound. That was around 2 years ago.

Now I tried and bought a Revo 12.4 with white vault plate and loving it so far. Interestingly it plays from deflection point of view, very similar to my WX900. Also it does not have this annyoing Carbon sound anymore. The white vault plate is also for aiming and checking better than the pure black I think. I also have read somewhere that the shaft with white vault plate is a bit lighter than with the black original version? Somebody tested this?

Another note, compare to my BK Rush Shaft the 12.4 shaft is not so shiny anymore. Seems to have another kind of finish.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Until now I was playing WX900 and tried the Ignite, but was not happy with it, beacuse it had no playing advantage, especially deflection was more. At first I was also trying Revo 12.9 but did not like the feel of the hit and the sound. That was around 2 years ago.

Now I tried and bought a Revo 12.4 with white vault plate and loving it so far. Interestingly it plays from deflection point of view, very similar to my WX900. Also it does not have this annyoing Carbon sound anymore. The white vault plate is also for aiming and checking better than the pure black I think. I also have read somewhere that the shaft with white vault plate is a bit lighter than with the black original version? Somebody tested this?

Another note, compare to my BK Rush Shaft the 12.4 shaft is not so shiny anymore. Seems to have another kind of finish.
The information and experience shared in this thread might be helpful for you.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=501123

northshoremb

Registered
Tried3 shafts so far:

Revo- way too stiff and no feedback to me personally

Jacoby- super horrible from hit to deflection

Cynergy- super impressive! even ordered one for myselft!
Man thays weird. I've been playing with a Jacoby Black 3/8x10 for a year and the deflection is a 1/4 of my LD OB shafts and the feel is amazing. My break and runs has gone up since the switch and even had Revo guys try and want it. Guess everyone has different needs

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

BigFish23

Registered
I'll have to try the Jacoby sometime.

I just bought a Revo 12.4 with stock Victory Soft tip and a Cuetec Cynergy with a Kamui Clear Black Soft. I played with both on a P3 butt. The Cuetec was too soft and springy. It also felt a bit too small, like a toothpick.

Coming from a 314-3, I had almost no transition to get comfortable with the Revo. The Revo hit pure and clean. No unwanted vibration and no springboard effect. The cue ball went where I aimed, consistently. Something about aiming with the black vault plate made sighting the shot easier too. I didn't like the white ferrule of the Cynergy.

The Cuetec went back after a day.

To each their own.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I'll have to try the Jacoby sometime.

I just bought a Revo 12.4 with stock Victory Soft tip and a Cuetec Cynergy with a Kamui Clear Black Soft. I played with both on a P3 butt. The Cuetec was too soft and springy. It also felt a bit too small, like a toothpick.

Coming from a 314-3, I had almost no transition to get comfortable with the Revo. The Revo hit pure and clean. No unwanted vibration and no springboard effect. The cue ball went where I aimed, consistently. Something about aiming with the black vault plate made sighting the shot easier too. I didn't like the white ferrule of the Cynergy.

The Cuetec went back after a day.

To each their own.

I feel the same way about the cynergy, was the biggest POS I ever tried. The Jacoby was slightly better but not by much. I have 2 new CF shafts to test out, so it will bring my total to 9 if I ever get out to play again.

northshoremb

Registered
I feel the same way about the cynergy, was the biggest POS I ever tried. The Jacoby was slightly better but not by much. I have 2 new CF shafts to test out, so it will bring my total to 9 if I ever get out to play again.
How long ago did you play with the Jacoby Black? Amazes me you have it as one of the worst when I have TRS50 or in APA would be level 9 I guess who played with my Jacoby black and wanted to sell their Revo and get one. Just funny how something that is rated top 2 to some is rated bottom to others. Must have had a 1st release or something wrong with it

gregnice37

Silver Member
How long ago did you play with the Jacoby Black? Amazes me you have it as one of the worst when I have TRS50 or in APA would be level 9 I guess who played with my Jacoby black and wanted to sell their Revo and get one. Just funny how something that is rated top 2 to some is rated bottom to others. Must have had a 1st release or something wrong with it

May 2019 and the only thing wrong with it is that it sucked. Lots of deflection and vibration.

northshoremb

Registered
May 2019 and the only thing wrong with it is that it sucked. Lots of deflection and vibration.
Thats nuts cause I literally have no vibration at all and the deflection is literally non existent I find compared to my 314, OB1+, OB2+ shafts

gregnice37

Silver Member
Thats nuts cause I literally have no vibration at all and the deflection is literally non existent I find compared to my 314, OB1+, OB2+ shafts

Glad you like it. Seems like just about every cf shaft will have long debates on pros and cons like no other. If you're happy with your purchase, that's all that really matters.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Glad you like it. Seems like just about every cf shaft will have long debates on pros and cons like no other. If you're happy with your purchase, that's all that really matters.

That s the main problem-- of course it s nice to maybe read somewhere about a product. expiriences etc.-
Many forget (or don t know, no offense), that so many different facts come into the ring, as soon you start "to like something".

Played/tested both Revos-- not bad- but nothin for me. Played a long time Ignite. was also fun.
Now testing a 11.8mm Cyngergy-- good quality shaft. Extremly easy to create action. let s see, what the next weeks bring :)
From playing one day or two noone can say, that he s used to a shaft.
this would be the next thing, i see far too often- people don t give themselves time to get used to a shaft. seeing students who re not able to runout a singe 8ball game with ball in hand having 4 different shafts in the case......and if nothing goes....the next shaft will be used. Funny :)

So listen first to your belly :) if sth feels first good for you....follow your belly and your heart :)

smooth stroke to everyone :)

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a new CF shaft created by Kris Van Mechelen in Belgium that needs your attention !

After several months off developing and testing he's got his final product which is an amazing CF shaft .

My first CF shaft was a GO CUSTOM , then i played some months with an IGNITE , then a 12,4mm REVO and ended up playing with a 12,9mm REVO for 3 months now .

I got the opportunity to test this new CF shaft yesterday and it blew me away . The CF shaft i tested was 12,4mm , this will be available from 11,9mm to 12,8mm in any joint .

It has a powerfull hit with a lot of feedback and the quality and finish is second to none .
This shaft is so smooth that you can easily play without a glove .
Deflection wise there is no difference with the REVO but it has more feel than the REVO and the quality is way better .

Myself i've been national champion of Belgium multiple times and defeated many top players , this isn't to brag but this way you know from who this review comes from .

A full review will come later in a new topic .