anniversary ball knock offs?

jekndi

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saw a good price on a set of Brunswick Centennial (edited) balls and started to wonder if they were legit. Are there any knock offs out there? Any way to tell the difference if there are?

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Dunno What Ya Mean.........Anniversary?

I never heard of Brunswick Anniversary pool balls.........did a Google search........nada.......tried an Ask Bing search......zilch..........went to Brunswick's website........zero.

Dunno what you mean by Brunswick Anniversary Pool Balls?

Are you referring to Aramith's Brunswick Centennial Pool Balls? The look is very distinct, elegant and classic........pretty unmistakable and when you see them, the resin color of the balls is very deep and dark colored.......no pale colors........and the inverted arrow points that left & right flank the circled number.......well, the look is pretty unique.

As far as I'm concerned, Raschig may have made better ivory balls but when it comes to resin pool balls, The Brunswick Centennial Edition sets the height of the bar for playability, durability, and quality consistency. Every single ball is within >.005 difference measured with a calipers on a scale of 2.25" and of the sixteen balls, only three had that tolerance. All the other balls were uniformly 2.25". In weight, every single ball....all sixteen......weighed 168 grams.

I mean you really can't do much better than that and just in case, the Aramith measles 3 dot cue ball, which doesn't come with the Centennial set, is also 2.25" and weighs 169 grams.....1 gram heavier than the Centennial Blue Dot Cue Ball in the set, as well as all the numbered pool balls.

Now all of this may be completely off target from what you asked about but I couldn't locate any information about Brunswick Anniversary Pool Balls. And in my 50 years of pool playing, I've neither read nor heard that term used before in reference to Brunswick pool balls.

wvroadplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seconds

brunswick centennials used to have a seconds set that had a bubble (imperection)in the white behind the numbers there would be a tiny air buble or two around th edge of the circle , othe r than that they were the same as premium sets bought two sets for home tables and stuff back in 94 and they are still clean and crisp as they were the day i put them to use, ofcourse i keep them put up when not in use and clean regularly.i paid 70 bucks fo rthe set they were identical and i didnt tell u wwhere to look ud never know
:thumbup:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Saw a good price on a set of Brunswick Centennial (edited) balls and started to wonder if they were legit. Are there any knock offs out there? Any way to tell the difference if there are?

Link and/or pics would be helpful. Easy to tell the difference if you can see them, compare to how they look like to a real set, weigh them or get the seller to tell you the weight of several of the balls and compare them to what a real used set would be (if they are used, to a new one if the set or sale is new).