Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Congats on the new cue. Good women are very hard to find...don't screw it up. It sounds like you have a great lady there. They only come along a few times in a lifetime. JT

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
That is one hell of a girlfriend right there, put a ring on it before its too late! lol. Very cool story. My fiancé and I started getting serious about pool a while ago and take lesson together. It is very enjoyable to have someone that appreciates the game as much as you do. I wish nothing but the best for you both cheers.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Great story. You are a very lucky man. Remember this next time you want to ring her neck for something :D

Zuleg21

Registered
I got you so good!! Lmao!!! But in all seriousness....You definitely mean the world to me babe!! So why wouldn't i do something special for you. I'm so excited that you finally get the Richard Black cue you been telling me about for the past 2 months lol. I can't wait to finally see it in person. I ️ you!!! Now the count down begins when you finally get to have your cue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're a lucky man to have a lady like that. Treat the new cue with respect, treat her with even more respect.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing that with us, here on AZ.
I love that story, and am happy for you and her.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John, where are you from in Texas? I live in a Houston and use to run a tour for a few years, wondered if I may have know you guys.

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
We are in San Angelo. Far from Houston. Neither one of us are from Texas. Thank you to everyone for the comments so far!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So here it is folks, I met my girlfriend Sarah when she was running an 8ball tournament. We hit it off really well. Now we live together. She's probably one of the few women out there who thinks the Brunswick Medalist pool table that we have in our living room is a great idea.

So here's the kicker, a couple months ago or maybe a little less a very nice Richard Black cue came up for sale. I drooled over it ever since. It's nothing "fancy" by any means. It's a simple straight up "players" cue and a definite upgrade from the Schon that I play with now. Over the last few days I've been texting with this guy trying to figure out some kind of deal we can work out. Nothing. And I'm not exactly in as great of a financial position as I used to be. So I start trying to figure out what I could sell to include my schon cue so I can raise the cash for this Richard Black cue. I was texting back and forth with the guy today, we finally reached a price that we both agreed on. Then nothing. He completely ignores my texts and calls as if we never spoke before. Hours go by and I'm sitting here at my pool tournament trying to keep my head in the game but all I can think about is why isn't this guy answering me back after we agreed on a price. Well anyway the guy FINALLY texts me back and said something along the lines of "sorry buddy the cue already sold for full asking price".

I can't begin to tell y'all how disappointed I felt. I nearly lost my match and when I won I grabbed a smoke to go outside to pout lol. This was just a little while ago at about 1130pm Texas time. My girlfriend comes out, asks me what's wrong and I tell her how disappointed I was that I finally worked out a deal with this guy and then the cue is gone. Just like that. Well then she tells me that it was her who bought the cue and she has been secretly talking with the seller back and forth for the last six hours!!!! I couldn't believe it.

So in a few days I will receive my Richard Black cue that I wanted in the worst way thanks to my amazing girlfriend.

To my girlfriend, since you are a member on this forum I want to say thank you babe. You truly are the best. The fact that you went through all that to get my cue for me means the world to me and I will never forget it.

John

Wait a minute, she paid full asking price for a cue you were going to get for less? Dump her!

Joking :p :thumbup: Grats on the cue and the girl, enjoy your new player! She probably raised the price on him to make sure she got it for you from under that jerk that was trying to get a discount. But it's a bit funny you two were bidding on each other for the same cue hehe.

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
She didn't pay full asking price. She got the same deal I would have. The seller and her were in cahoots so he told me he sold it for full asking price because they both knew it would bum me out. It did lol.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
She didn't pay full asking price. She got the same deal I would have. The seller and her were in cahoots so he told me he sold it for full asking price because they both knew it would bum me out. It did lol.

I was wondering about this. I'm glad you got the cue you wanted and an amazing woman to boot. Enjoy both of them.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

They got ya good! In a good way. :)