Smokin Aces played on Valleys....

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
OMG...the horror. How can pro players be subjected to playing on this cruel and unusual equipment.
That is all :rolleyes:

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
I played on a Valley last night, believe it or not, it IS possible to miss a ball on one. I was shocked considering nobody on AZB has ever done that :sorry::p

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
They are very very forgiving tables and it messes up my game on other tables. When you hit the rail two diamonds down and still make a ball in the corner pocket did you actually make the ball?

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Why don't you like Valley bar tables

I have no issue with them. This was just to mess with everyone *****ing about some of the regional BCA tournaments not being played on Diamonds..like they are the standard or something

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be surprised that a pro or others have run more consecutive racks on a Valley than a Diamond. The Diamond is prettier and a higher quallity table IMO but not easier. The huge side pockets on the Diamond bar box makes up for the generous corner pockets on the Valley. Given a choice I would choose to play on the Diamond primarily to get away from the metal around the Valley's pockets. Can really ding your cue stick.

00john

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see pros playing on different tables for a change
You say whats wrong with a valley? When i go to watch a match online, I dont watch some tournament played on a valley. Maybe I am spoiled but here in the Northwest pool players never have to play on one, so we dont

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
The biggest package so far has been 5. I guess they aren't as easy as some think. :D

Ray

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Valley tables. While I couldn't disagree with some of the negative things people say about them, I would argue that those things are exactly what makes them so fun. I don't buy into the thought that any one table can ruin your game... that's an excuse, imo. Inanimate objects don't have that power, but they can enable tendencies such as laziness, lack of focus, or just poor fundamentals.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Valley tables. While I couldn't disagree with some of the negative things people say about them, I would argue that those things are exactly what makes them so fun. I don't buy into the thought that any one table can ruin your game... that's an excuse, imo. Inanimate objects don't have that power, but they can enable tendencies such as laziness, lack of focus, or just poor fundamentals.

or a false sense of ability when shots our badly missed but roll right in....I have a valley but the pockets were made to play tighter and it made it a much better piece of equipment

CueNut40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As easy as these Valley bar tables are I cant believe there hasn't been multiple 21 packs ran so far. Sigh. AZB is full of world champions. The same guys what win on Diamonds win on Valleys. I keep waiting for one of the AZB world champions to break out and take down the White Diamond Cash. Being as though its played on " Any body can run out Valley bar boxes " also.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guys at West State Billiards in Fullerton made the Valley I bought from them quite challenging- to my liking as a practice table. They tightened up the pockets so that 2 balls won't fit. If you don't concentrate, you will miss.

Are the pockets for the Valleys for the Smoking Aces tourney standard such that 2 and 1/2 balls fit? If so, that is way too easy for pros and makes me wonder why a tourney with so much money in it would be played on such equipment

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Get used to pros playing on Valley's as there will be less and less 9' tournaments and a lot more 7' tournaments. There is way more places with enough Valley 7 footers to hold decent size tournaments on than there is Diamonds. Make the Valley 4 1/4" corners with pro cut rails and they play pretty darn good. If you don't cover a Diamond when needed, new rails when needed and kept level all the time, you have a 4k-5k POS like a Valley that's not taken care of. Johnnyt

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Get used to pros playing on Valley's as there will be less and less 9' tournaments and a lot more 7' tournaments. There is way more places with enough Valley 7 footers to hold decent size tournaments on than there is Diamonds. Make the Valley 4 1/4" corners with pro cut rails and they play pretty darn good. If you don't cover a Diamond when needed, new rails when needed and kept level all the time, you have a 4k-5k POS like a Valley that's not taken care of. Johnnyt

fINALS starting at 6:30 pm
PM. CST

Shane will have to be Skylar TWICE in the finals.