Meucci carbon fiber pro

juggernaut0629

Registered
How do I tell the difference between 1st & 2nd generation Meucci CF pro shafts? & what is the differences between the 2 play/build wise, if any?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
2nd gen is the bigger and full script logo. Difference in the 2 is the taper is a little longer on the 2nd gen before the rise starts. They also made a few changes in the tip sizes. Both changes were recommended by Sky.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there much of a difference between the 2? I mean hit and feel wise.

My Meucci Carbon Pro started rattling inside. I believe the method they used to secure the wood inside wasn't adequate. They replaced it with the newer version which has a horrible hollow sound. I can't even play with it. I don't know if the replacement is the first or second version. I went back to my Revo. The Carbon pro is for sale if interested. 3/8x10 joint.

juggernaut0629

Registered
I picked up a 2nd gen meucci Cf pro 11.9 with Zan grip hard. I love the sound & feel of this shaft. Tons of spin, smooth glide, solid hit. But I am struggling with this shaft. I have days when I just can't pocket a ball. I switch to my wood meucci pro shaft & will run the rack. It's almost like I have to pay real close attention to making a good stroke. Switch to wood & I just play, no thought process needed. I wonder if it's the tip diameter that's got me all screwed up.