Where is Bergman?

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I haven't seen any matches with him and haven't heard a lot about him this year. I saw that he is 40+ on the AZB money list.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
He's playing at the 8 ball classic. Bigtruck PPV stream starting tonight. Johnnyt

PocketPooler

Silver Member

Attachments

• wheres-waldo.jpg
    wheres-waldo.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 832

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey and Bergman are playing now great match 8 ball race to 15

Capture.JPG

great event killer field LIVE from The Break Room

break room players.jpg

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile, the Europeans are competing on nine foot tables with the Euro tour trying to make their Mosconi team. Jayson Shaw with a strong performance defeating Oliver Ortman and Karl Skowerski on his way to placing third.

I know this horse has been beat fairly well...bar table events for USA Mosconi cup hopefuls. :banghead::confused:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile, the Europeans are competing on nine foot tables with the Euro tour trying to make their Mosconi team. Jayson Shaw with a strong performance defeating Oliver Ortman and Karl Skowerski on his way to placing third.

I know this horse has been beat fairly well...bar table events for USA Mosconi cup hopefuls. :banghead::confused:

Great post and observation, the threads about "Oh my why USA team is sucking in the Mosconi" this post basically sums it all up for you, Euro tour is strengthening the euro team even further, they play on 9foot tables all year and compete all the time, and quote above sums it all up, in my opinion when you go to bar tables and play for awhile, you're abilities in the 9foot diminishes somewhat slightly, the more you play on bar tables, the more it diminishes, and that whats been up with the USA team.

Back in the days, Earl and Johnny Archer and all the 90's player kept playing on 9footer all year long, they practice immensely on the 9foot tables, I know Earl back in his era practices on 9foot all day long, but today players go to local halls and play on bar tables against amateurs

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
US players competing on 9' tables all the time would be great. Unfortunately they go where the money is and it seems the money is on 7' tables as of late. The players need to follow the money because they try to make a living playing pool. I dont think they can afford to boycott tournaments just because they are on 7' tables. Room owners probably like 7' tables because they can get more 7' tables in a given space than 9' tables to increase their chances of being profitable and keeping the doors open. Lastly the bangers who make up the majority of players are probably more apt to play on small tables compared to big tables. I know the 2 places that I go to that have both 7' and 9' tables the small tables always have people playing on them, only when all 7' tables are in use do you see the 9' tables get played on. It seems to go a lot deeper than promoters just choosing to have tournaments on bar tables, are there even enough venues across they country to host host big table tournaments?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
US players competing on 9' tables all the time would be great. Unfortunately they go where the money is and it seems the money is on 7' tables as of late. The players need to follow the money because they try to make a living playing pool. I dont think they can afford to boycott tournaments just because they are on 7' tables. Room owners probably like 7' tables because they can get more 7' tables in a given space than 9' tables to increase their chances of being profitable and keeping the doors open. Lastly the bangers who make up the majority of players are probably more apt to play on small tables compared to big tables. I know the 2 places that I go to that have both 7' and 9' tables the small tables always have people playing on them, only when all 7' tables are in use do you see the 9' tables get played on. It seems to go a lot deeper than promoters just choosing to have tournaments on bar tables, are there even enough venues across they country to host host big table tournaments?

This observation is valid one.
My thoughts in response are always...then why are the Euro venues shunning bar tables and promoters sticking with 9 footers for tournaments/tours?

The simple answer is there is a clear difference in the approach to the game or the mentality towards it between the Euros and the Americans.
Bergman is a monster, the kid can play...But seeing him walking around a bar table, to me, is like seeing a talented NBA player playing half court-the full potential of his abilities are not on display or being tested.

And this is clearly ok to many players, promoters and fans of American pool.
But to the Euros, that clearly is not acceptable.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great post and observation, the threads about "Oh my why USA team is sucking in the Mosconi" this post basically sums it all up for you, Euro tour is strengthening the euro team even further, they play on 9foot tables all year and compete all the time, and quote above sums it all up, in my opinion when you go to bar tables and play for awhile, you're abilities in the 9foot diminishes somewhat slightly, the more you play on bar tables, the more it diminishes, and that whats been up with the USA team.

Back in the days, Earl and Johnny Archer and all the 90's player kept playing on 9footer all year long, they practice immensely on the 9foot tables, I know Earl back in his era practices on 9foot all day long, but today players go to local halls and play on bar tables against amateurs

Exactly.
They want the full test of their abilities day in and day out in Europe.

I found these interesting....The videos are in Russian but some interesting insight can be found there.

https://youtu.be/j3dx6tRRtS8
@2:54 interview with John Ruijsink- former euro team captain in Mosconi cup defeating Team USA, now wearing a Russian coat as coach over there.

https://youtu.be/bAYcD_INaSU
@ 8 min point, shows a Russian pool hall, with a straight pool league for youths. Not a bar table in sight, and young players learning the game, and surprise, Ruslan Chinakhov playing and involved.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
This observation is valid one.
My thoughts in response are always...then why are the Euro venues shunning bar tables and promoters sticking with 9 footers for tournaments/tours?

The simple answer is there is a clear difference in the approach to the game or the mentality towards it between the Euros and the Americans.
Bergman is a monster, the kid can play...But seeing him walking around a bar table, to me, is like seeing a talented NBA player playing half court-the full potential of his abilities are not on display or being tested.

And this is clearly ok to many players, promoters and fans of American pool.
But to the Euros, that clearly is not acceptable.

I definitely wish there were more 9' tables out there. I have a 9' at home that I shoot on but all local events are played on 7' tables. (sigh)