What to do with an Anniversary snooker table

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys

I’m looking for advice and ideas.

I should buy a Gold Crown IV soon but I have to get rid of my 10ft snooker Anniversary first. I’ve tried to sell it for a little while with no luck . I’m thinking about parting it out or building something out of it that I can sell. I already seen here a very nice table lamp made with the corner castings and the skirt. I think something like that is probably easier to sell than the table itself.

What do you think guys ? Frankly I would feel bad to scrap it because the table is in pretty good shape.

Any idea is welcome.

Thanks

Martin

Attachments

• $_59.JPG
    $_59.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 294

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I suggest having the rails converted from snooker to pool. Or have a new set of rails produced for it, will still require new corner castings and slate mods, but totally achievable. Good luck!!

Trent from Toledo

Guys

I’m looking for advice and ideas.

I should buy a Gold Crown IV soon but I have to get rid of my 10ft snooker Anniversary first. I’ve tried to sell it for a little while with no luck . I’m thinking about parting it out or building something out of it that I can sell. I already seen here a very nice table lamp made with the corner castings and the skirt. I think something like that is probably easier to sell than the table itself.

What do you think guys ? Frankly I would feel bad to scrap it because the table is in pretty good shape.

Any idea is welcome.

Thanks

Martin

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trent

Thank you for the input.

From what I've heard it's quite a job to convert, I'm not sure I want to undertake that kind of project.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'm surprised there isn't much interest for it there in Canada where snooker is quite more popular than here.

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey

That's what I tought too but the pool table market as a whole seems really slow these days.

Martin

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really, I actually have a snooker table and I want a pool table. I really like the way my anniversary is built but I dont need it anymore. If I can find a Anniversay pool table as clean as mine I will jump on it but for now I've found a nice GC...

Martin

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trent

Thank you for the input.

From what I've heard it's quite a job to convert, I'm not sure I want to undertake that kind of project.

It might cost a bit, but, to have something as beautiful as an Anniversary,, I think it would be well worth the investment. Jerimy Chambers for new rails or rail conversion and I think there is a guy on this forum that does pool table work up your way. I estimate around $3k for everything. It would obviously require some patience, but, to have it look amazing and play the same, it would be fun!

Trent from Toledo

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's 10Ft table and I want a 9ft one. On top of changing the rails, casting, pocket etc.. I would have to cut the slates and the base frame...

We'll see, may be with some patience I wil be able to sell it

Thnak you for your input guys

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw guys I'm living 25miles from the Vermont border, if there is any interest on your side of the border, I'm open to any reasonable offer.

Martin

It might cost a bit, but, to have something as beautiful as an Anniversary,, I think it would be well worth the investment. Jerimy Chambers for new rails or rail conversion and I think there is a guy on this forum that does pool table work up your way. I estimate around $3k for everything. It would obviously require some patience, but, to have it look amazing and play the same, it would be fun!

Trent from Toledo

I do the rail conversions and the castings and the slates don’t need any modifications....learn the business before giving advice.
I build new rails as well....but they have a new line up on talk to mechanic here as Glen and I don’t particularly care to correct the ones that think the know table work....it more work just laughing at these guys answers.

LOL

MARK GREGORY

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I do the rail conversions and the castings and the slates don’t need any modifications....learn the business before giving advice.
I build new rails as well....but they have a new line up on talk to mechanic here as Glen and I don’t particularly care to correct the ones that think the know table work....it more work just laughing at these guys answers.

LOL

MARK GREGORY

I would love to see how the slates for the snooker table would work for pool, the corner and side pocket castings are also smaller too. I happen to have a 9' Centennial Snooker in my inventory, the pocket castings are smaller and the slates are for sure different.... please enlighten us all.

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I would love to see how the slates for the snooker table would work for pool, the corner and side pocket castings are also smaller too. I happen to have a 9' Centennial Snooker in my inventory, the pocket castings are smaller and the slates are for sure different.... please enlighten us all.

Trent from Toledo

I gave no bad advice.

Trent from Toledo

Why would I smarten you up....your a big time table mechanic....somethings are left up to that person wanting to know shit for free.....teaching himself.

I don’t have to enlighten anyone for free......that’s why they send me the rails every month to fix them the right way....and to make the rails play better than any new ones.

You’ll figure it out...just takes labor....not computer skills.

The rail master

Mark Gregory

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Here is a post from a while back and Glens take on converting:

"Well, the sub-rails would have to be modified to change the nose height of the cushions to 1 7/16". The rails would have to be cut in length and mitered to fit the profile of a pocket table, sights inlaid into the rails. The slates would have to have the pockets re-cut, as snooker pockets are cut much smaller. Pocket castings are not going to fit right either, as they're to small at the mouth of the castings to fit larger pocket openings. That's just off the top of my head without really giving it to much thought"

As I said, I gave no bad advice. I work my ass off and am very thankful for this forum and all the knowledge shared here. I have always said i appreciate your work, that is a fact. Its also a fact I learn more and more each year and my business grows every year. Thanks

Trent

I gave no bad advice.

Yes you did...you shouldn’t answer the questions until you know the answers.
Don’t guess and think cause the guy asking don’t know...someone won’t know the right answer.

Do the smart thing that most INSTALLERS on here do....wait for Glen to come on give the answer and then agree with him and reword everything so it looks as if you knew the answer all along......LOL

Got to pay the dues before you can be the man....and I mean years.

I don’t answer on here much cause I’m just not into this anymore.
Plus I have way to much going on.....Glen likes to argue....LMAO

MARK GREGORY

Here is a post from a while back and Glens take on converting:

"Well, the sub-rails would have to be modified to change the nose height of the cushions to 1 7/16". The rails would have to be cut in length and mitered to fit the profile of a pocket table, sights inlaid into the rails. The slates would have to have the pockets re-cut, as snooker pockets are cut much smaller. Pocket castings are not going to fit right either, as they're to small at the mouth of the castings to fit larger pocket openings. That's just off the top of my head without really giving it to much thought"

As I said, I gave no bad advice. I work my ass off and am very thankful for this forum and all the knowledge shared here. I have always said i appreciate your work, that is a fact. Its also a fact I learn more and more each year and my business grows every year. Thanks

Trent

Well...well...I told ya you best at computers....Glen was wrong....now it can be done this way....but it don’t have to.....I’ve done some great playing conversions....with the snooker castings...and the snooker slates.
Glen will get on here and correct his mistake....or try and cover it up.

But I’m sure Glen will correct his post....we all make mistakes

Mark Gregory

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yes you did...you shouldn’t answer the questions until you know the answers.
Don’t guess and think cause the guy asking don’t know...someone won’t know the right answer.

Do the smart thing that most INSTALLERS on here do....wait for Glen to come on give the answer and then agree with him and reword everything so it looks as if you knew the answer all along......LOL

Got to pay the dues before you can be the man....and I mean years.

I don’t answer on here much cause I’m just not into this anymore.
Plus I have way to much going on.....Glen likes to argue....LMAO

MARK GREGORY

Read my last post. Not trying to "be the man"... Very happy right where I am. No secret that Glen HELPS all of us on here. I am busier than a one legged man in a kicking contest, but, I love the business and am always tying to learn more. This forum is a knowledge base, not for arguing. I know we all get into it sometimes, but, this forum has helped me immensely and others too. All of the things I said on this post about the snooker conversion are true that I posted.

Trent from Toledo

Trent from tooe

Read my last post. Not trying to "be the man"... Very happy right where I am. No secret that Glen HELPS all of us on here. I am busier than a one legged man in a kicking contest, but, I love the business and am always tying to learn more. This forum is a knowledge base, not for arguing. I know we all get into it sometimes, but, this forum has helped me immensely and others too. All of the things I said on this post about the snooker conversion are true that I posted.

Trent from Toledo

Trent from tooe

Trust me....the snooker tables don’t need the slates cut or need bigger castings. The tables need all the work for a conversions.
I’m sure you real busy...your excellent with computers...that how people get work today with web sites.....don’t mean their table mechanics.

Ton in Atlanta doing tables with web sites.....that’s why I get so much work on my reputation....I don’t have a web site....nor do I need one.

Glen will post soon I’m sure and explain.

Mark Gregory

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trust me....the snooker tables don’t need the slates cut or need bigger castings. The tables need all the work for a conversions.
I’m sure you real busy...your excellent with computers...that how people get work today with web sites.....don’t mean their table mechanics.

Ton in Atlanta doing tables with web sites.....that’s why I get so much work on my reputation....I don’t have a web site....nor do I need one.

Glen will post soon I’m sure and explain.

Mark Gregory

Yep, just did 8 GC3 complete restorations in 5 weeks for a local pool room in Toledo. On 2 week vacation in FLA with my wife and new baby :) OS8' Centennial restoration already in process and will be working on that when I get back. Life is good, work is good and customers are happy. WIN WIN WIN. :)

Trent from Toledo