What to do with an Anniversary snooker table

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here is a post from a while back and Glens take on converting:

"Well, the sub-rails would have to be modified to change the nose height of the cushions to 1 7/16". The rails would have to be cut in length and mitered to fit the profile of a pocket table, sights inlaid into the rails. The slates would have to have the pockets re-cut, as snooker pockets are cut much smaller. Pocket castings are not going to fit right either, as they're to small at the mouth of the castings to fit larger pocket openings. That's just off the top of my head without really giving it to much thought"

As I said, I gave no bad advice. I work my ass off and am very thankful for this forum and all the knowledge shared here. I have always said i appreciate your work, that is a fact. Its also a fact I learn more and more each year and my business grows every year. Thanks

Trent

The conversion things i listed off the top of my head would need to be done in order to have basically a factory built 10' pocket pool table, but Mark is correct in what he saying as well. If you know what you're doing, and you make all the correct modifications you can still use the snooker pocket castings, and yes the table will have a deep shelf slate in the corner pockets, so yes it's possible to short cut the process without short cutting the quality of the conversion. Everything i described was more of a "are you sure you know what you're getting into, because it's NOT as easy as you're thinking" kind of answer!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well...well...I told ya you best at computers....Glen was wrong....now it can be done this way....but it don’t have to.....I’ve done some great playing conversions....with the snooker castings...and the snooker slates.
Glen will get on here and correct his mistake....or try and cover it up.

But I’m sure Glen will correct his post....we all make mistakes

Mark Gregory

No mistake, i stand behind what i posted, it's just the long way of converting a snooker table to a pool table, but i know the work you do and it certainly can be done that way as well. It nust bugs me that there's so many people out there working on pool tables, that think it's no big deal to convert a snooker table to play like a pool table.....has everyone forgotten the circus table SVB & Earl played on, that was a converted snooker table as well....and played like shit.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
No mistake, i stand behind what i posted, it's just the long way of converting a snooker table to a pool table, but i know the work you do and it certainly can be done that way as well. It nust bugs me that there's so many people out there working on pool tables, that think it's no big deal to convert a snooker table to play like a pool table.....has everyone forgotten the circus table SVB & Earl played on, that was a converted snooker table as well....and played like shit.

A. I never said it was easy.
B. i am sure if Jerimy took on the job, it would be done well.'
C. I would not do the conversion work myself.

I did the table after they played on it.....but trust me I still don’t believe it can be done both ways,
I’m not going to go back and forth about this....I’m the best at conversions on snooker to pool and Trent and I are never going to get along if I live to be 400....so he can try and steer work to others....but he has no clue about this kind of work....selling tables on the net don’t make ya mechanic and Having others do the work on the tables don’t make you a better mechanic....makes ya good money faster...so I give ya props...it’s always about the money.

Mark Gregory

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I wont comment on you "living to be 400". We dont have to get along. What I will never accept is your need to try to belittle me or my work. Anyone who is as good as you does not need to act how you do. I have spoken to many people who feel the same way, they also acknowledge how good you are, but, also think its ridiculous that you act the way you do. My book of work is what really matters:

https://www.facebook.com/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums

We all have to make money to live and I sleep good at night. :)

Trent from Toledo

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I wont comment on you "living to be 400". We dont have to get along. What I will never accept is your need to try to belittle me or my work. Anyone who is as good as you does not need to act how you do. I have spoken to many people who feel the same way, they also acknowledge how good you are, but, also think its ridiculous that you act the way you do. My book of work is what really matters:

Trent from Toledo

You deserve to be belittled, because every single thread I have seen you participate in, you are an insufferable know-it-all, only... You don't know it all.

At all.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You deserve to be belittled, because every single thread I have seen you participate in, you are an insufferable know-it-all, only... You don't know it all.

At all.

I never said I know it all, have a look at all the tables i have restored: https://www.facebook.com/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums

I obviously know more that you sir! Dont forget we all saw the hack work you accepted. That side pocket fold is an EPIC fail bro... Not to mention all the other flaws in that no where near "diamondized" table.... :)

Trent from Toledo

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I never said I know it all, have a look at all the tables i have restored: https://www.facebook.com/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums

I obviously know more that you sir! Dont forget we all saw the hack work you accepted. That side pocket fold is an EPIC fail bro... Not to mention all the other flaws in that no where near "diamondized" table.... :)

Trent from Toledo
I've looked through enough of your pictures to what your showing is the look of the tables, not the work that goes into restoring pool tables. Point is, all i seen is cosmetic pictures. If you really want to build a reputation, then my advice would be to show the work that goes into rebuilding a pool table, there's where credibility starts. I've told all the mechanics on here that when you point out bad work, make sure you show what good work looks like. How is anyone suppose to know if your work is above that of a hack if no one sees it.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Cushion / pocket facing work is shown, I stretch the cloth with your method, my refinishing work is standard, no rocket science. My aluminum polishing skills are shown. I use the starrett 98 to level. replace anything broken or missing. Subrail work is Jack Zimmerman when I need new ones installed.

I am doing subrail extensions on 3 red label diamonds after my next centennial job, i will take your suggestion and show more details. My clients get the pictures you are speaking of, I make sure to send them progress pics. My facebook is really to show the final product and thats it. Like I said i will post some of the next couple of projects. I never said I reconstructed anything, and I buy tables in good shape. I have a great formula for what I do and my clients are always happy. Not saying i know it all, i dont. i also know i love LEARNING, that has been KEY to my business growing every year. :)

Trent

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Like realkingcobra said.. Let's see some of your actual work.....

I have nothing to prove to you. You might be able to play well, but, from what I saw concerning your "Diamondized" GC3, you know nothing about good work. Many people have said the exact same thing I did. TERRIBLE WORK.....

I have all the respect in the world for Glen...

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Until there's education available in this line of work, i don't knock someone elses work, my first thoughts are how can i help you do better work.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Martin,

Sorry for this going so haywire. The main reason I said I think you should consider the rail conversion is because I hate to see such a beautiful table end up being parted out. I understand you want a 9' table, so most of the stuff posted has nothing to do with your post. Sorry for all the extra stuff, if anything you might find it AMUSING!! Good luck to you

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Until there's education available in this line of work, i don't knock someone elses work, my first thoughts are how can i help you do better work.

I do remember you saying this "this business will decide who comes and goes." That was like 5 years ago and I am still here, learning, growing and enjoying my business. I appreciate all you have done to help me. I dont feel that pointing out terrible work is out of line if it is wrong. I understand if someone posted it and asked for help, its when its obviously wrong and they are representing it as correct. Every picture "RUSS" posted about his "journey" is exactly what I am talking about, the work is terrible and you cant deny it.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I do remember you saying this "this business will decide who comes and goes." That was like 5 years ago and I am still here, learning, growing and enjoying my business. I appreciate all you have done to help me. I dont feel that pointing out terrible work is out of line if it is wrong. I understand if someone posted it and asked for help, its when its obviously wrong and they are representing it as correct. Every picture "RUSS" posted about his "journey" is exactly what I am talking about, the work is terrible and you cant deny it.

Trent from Toledo

All i see is evidence to support my claim that this line of work needs leadership to make it more professional. I'm almost out of this line of work, 35 years has been long enough, so my plans are to spend the next couple of years passing on my knowledge so that others might learn to take up where i leave off. With education available and a person decides not to learn from it, then at that point, I'd say they need to find another line of work.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member

Trent from Toledo

Pointing out "terrible work" IS out of line when you've been told repeatedly your opinion is not welcome, because you come across as a raging asshole when you do so. I literally wish you delete every single comment on any of my posts. You are THAT unpleasant a person. You can't even make your opinion known in a respectful way.

Glen has FAR more grounds to make a strong critique of the work performed on my table, but has not done so, because he understands the limitations I was under. Your asshole opinion is that, "if you couldn't find a good mechanic, then you should have done it yourself." As if YOU are one to ****ing judge how much spare time I have in my life. At least Glen was helpful enough to give me all the information he could to pass on to the table installer, in hopes that I could get a workable solution. You NEVER contribute anything useful on here, and always take potshots and criticize others.

If you happen to go to Derby this year, PLEASE introduce yourself to me, as I'd like to have a man-to-man conversation about the tone you've taken with me on here. Sometimes there are consequences and repercussions to being an internet tough-mouth, sir.

Last edited:

Trent from Toledo

You say the same shit over and over. I’ve not one installer or mechanic that can stand you....that’s why I’m the way I am towards you.
Your a big mouth....sure you’ve gotten better at not running your mouth....but go back and look at your posts.

Your just a polished turd seller.....nothing more....and as far as work....ask jerimy how good you did in Chicago...lol
Don’t talk about your work buddy.....you’ve gotten a long ways to go.

You shouldn’t recommend someone for work on here when you know I do the rail work as well....that in its self shows what kind of person you are...don’t try and turn it on me by saying how people don’t like me.....name one mechanic on here that don’t talk about what jerk you are.....just one.

You shouldn’t act like you have answers to all the questions asked on here....we all laugh at your posts.....Glen exclude......LOL

Funny how people call me all the time as friends....and advice.

Glens right about the snooker conversion.....until I showed any way of doing them.....I know it’s coming...Glen will chime in and say you never showed me shit....and he’s right....he invented pool. Lol. Ya got to love him.

Mark Gregory

Pointing out "terrible work" IS out of line when you've been told repeatedly your opinion is not welcome, because you come across as a raging asshole when you do so. I literally wish you delete every single comment on any of my posts. You are THAT unpleasant a person. You can't even make your opinion known in a respectful way.

Glen has FAR more grounds to make a strong critique of the work performed on my table, but has not done so, because he understands the limitations I was under. Your asshole opinion is that, "if you couldn't find a good mechanic, then you should have done it yourself." As if YOU are one to ****ing judge how much spare time I have in my life. At least Glen was helpful enough to give me all the information he could to pass on to the table installer, in hopes that I could get a workable solution. You NEVER contribute anything useful on here, and always take potshots and criticize others.

If you happen to go to Derby this year, PLEASE introduce yourself to me, as I'd like to have a man-to-man conversation about the tone you've taken with me on here. Sometimes there are consequences and repercussions to being an internet tough-mouth, sir.

Good for you.....another in a long line that sees through Trent.....a guy that knows nothing about tables....but acts like his words about people matter.
THEY DON’T.......Trent like so many in this business found a way to cash in on table work and sales......as far as I’m trying to learn....your just having others do the work for resale......until Glen got on your ass and then you finally had work done on the rails.....before the sales of Anniversary tables.

Show you perfect work coming down on others and not just the pics of things on the tables that look ok......show the cloth coming out of the feather strips in Chicago.....and wrinkles in the pockets......you when into Jeremy’s back yard to do work just to have them call jerimy to come fix all the f%#@ups you did.....now you like running your mouth?

Say what you like about me....cause my work speaks for itself.
I don’t have any problems with anyone on here or in the field other than you......you like to work computers and you work them way better than tables...go back and look at your smart mouth comments.

I’ve said my piece....your not worth the time.
This is what working on tables looks like...and rebuilding tables....and building tables.
www.perfectpocketz.com
Mark Gregory

Last edited:

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow Guys I did not meant to "ignate" such a debate...

Ok, Converting to pool is one option, what else ? I'm open to other ideas.

Martin