Smaller pockets

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the best way to make the pockets on my 9' Rebco table smaller? Is there a way to make them similar to pro cut 4.5" Diamond pockets?

Could Artemis rail cushions like a 9' Diamond has be fit to my table? There are no Diamond tables for sale in Alaska, woe is me.

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might want to ask that question in the “Talk to a mechanic” forum.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Find a good table mech. He can 'extend' the rails and cut new rubber for tighter pockets.

Correct, the sub-rails need to be extended and new rubber put on. I would stick with whatever profile is currently on the table instead of worrying about changing to the exact same rubber thats on a diamond.

The problem is that there is no one up there that can do that type of work.

You can however work with someone in the lower 48 and ship the rails back and forth.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
says all the guys who want to gamble on tight pockets.
To have all that work done, with good cloth, is probably gonna run close to grand if not more. Is it worth it? If it was my table i wouldn't. Going to a tighter table is not that big of an adjustment if you've played a lot on your own table.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To have all that work done, with good cloth, is probably gonna run close to grand if not more. Is it worth it? If it was my table i wouldn't. Going to a tighter table is not that big of an adjustment if you've played a lot on your own table.

It was $500 for me, and worth EVERY PENNY. Its not that big of an adjustment...at first. But once the cloth sheen wears off, the table will play good, no more slopping in balls off a rail. The newness of the cloth is everything. For me new Simonis plays silly loose.