TAR Podcast with Efren and Shane this Thursday 9PM EST

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
12309211786_de11695c9e_b.jpg

This Thursday night at 9 PM Eastern Efren Reyes and Shane Van Boening will be in the TAR Studio for a Podcast the night before they face off in TAR 39. The last time these two did a podcast together it was one of my favorite things I have been a part of since TAR started.

The plan is to have the players answer your questions and hit some balls around on the table while doing so. TAR 39 will feature Rotation as one of the games and I will ask Efren to go through the rules and specifics of that game so people can have an understanding of whats coming on Saturday night.

The podcast is free on Thursday and the links to purchase this weekends match are available now at http://theactionreport.com/seating/ . If you are in the Vegas area this weekend and want to come watch the match in studio there are a few seats still available. The price is $50 per day and you can reserve one by contacting me at justin@theactionreport.com

If anyone has any questions they would like answered please post them up. IT seems I never get all of them asked but I do try to get through as many as possible and they are a big help to getting good info out of the players. So if there is something you want to know or ask these guys just post it up.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I've only recently started playing one pocket so I was curious when did Efren and Shane take up 1 pocket? Did they play pool at top speed for a long time first, or did they learn the game growing up like they did with 9 ball etc?

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I'd like to ask Shane if he could go back in time,is there anyone he'd avoid gambling with,such as Mike Sigel,Buddy Hall,Earl,or Efren in their prime. Tommy D.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For shane and efren:

Is there a mental checklist that you run through before or during a practise session/match in regards to stance, stroke, grip etc..... Or is it all completely natural and subconscious at their level.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For both:

When your down on the ball, is there anything your consciously thinking about or saying to yourself. Or is everything automatic?

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd rather ask fun questions this time. 10 footers have become a common question and always end up going both ways. The same with tournament questions.

To Shane and Efren both:
What was your favorite cue you have ever played with?

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... What rotation rules are they playing? Filipino style? If Filipino style possible a tutorial of the minor rule differences from Efren would be helpful.

And is Efren planning on defending his DCC 1 pkt crown next year?

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Question for Efren

So many players end up broke when they retire or cannot play at a high level. Efren, if you had to quit pool today could you retire comfortably on your past winnings and savings?

Thanks

Wedge

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
could u ask them both if there was a time period or a specific match/tourney when they felt like they played the absolute best pool of their career?

also am very curious as to who efren thinks is the best 10 ball player in the world?

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I would like to ask Efren where he is looking at the moment the cue strikes the cue ball.
There has been speculation that he looks at the cue ball last.
I've played Efren many times and we do many things very similar (as far as striking the cue ball). He DEFINITELY looks at the cue ball and he told a friend of mine that he looks at it last...

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
i remember the TAR Podcast with Alcano, Shaw and Daz. someone translated for Alcano, in case he did not understand the English. can i suggest having a translator for Efren too? in the previous efren/shane podcast, there were questions that efren was not able to answer well because there were some terms/phrases that he did not understand. efren knows how to deal with simple english conversations but i think having a translator would help him communicate better.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For Efren:
Does he like banks, why he was unsuccessful in DCC banks division? Did he practice bank shots? In his opinion bank pool is a hard game?

Thanks.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Does Shane play better with a girlfriend or without one? Would Efren play Scott Frost a long one pocket session for a large sum of money?

dundeewizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For both:

How does each player define who the best player in the world is? Is it how many titles? how many world championships? Can it be just one game i.e 9 ball or is the best the person who plays them all?

dundeewizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren: will he playing Bobby Emmons in Las vegas for a re-match?

Shane: What is his least favourite game and why?

java712

Registered
I hope this question gets thrown on every podcast:
Who would you want team up with for World Cup of Pool not from your own country and why?

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask Shane if in his trips to the Philippines, has he acquired a taste for their local food?

Does that include squid juice?:eek:

Note: I have tried it, but couldn't hang.

freedog69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for Efren- Do you use any systems for kicking and if so what systems do you use? Also being considered the magician does he think he will ever do an instructional DVD on kicking and banking or any other video? This would be a good project for TAR to take on hint hint... Can he demonstrate a few more advanced multi rail ricks? Thanks

Shane- Shane do you have any more instructional videos in the works from TAR or anybody? Thanks for your first set of instructional videos.

To both-

Best of luck to both of you and may the best player of the day win. Thanks for the entertainment.

Thank you TAR and company for your hard work and dedication to the sport!

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since they will be shooting, ask them to set up their favorite shot that they have made in a match and have them try to make it!