Durbin Cup Match---A great time had by all

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I was able to attend the Durbin Cup match at Lindenwood University this weekend. Mike Durbins team consisted of some really great players including Liz Lovely, Joey Gray and Hall Of Famer Nick Varner. Several of the matches are available on you tube thanks to the great streaming by Big Truck (Ray Hansen) John Barton was there and was gracious enough to donate 2 cases for raffle to help raise money for the team.

The Lindenwood Lions put up a great fight and came out with a 18-14 win over the Durbin Destroyers. I got meet some great AZ'ers, (shout out to jbcases, bigtruck, iba7467 and clockdoc, One Pocket John and a few others of whom I can't remember their handle)

Afterwards I got to go to diner with Mark and his wife, Big Truck, some of the Durbin destroyers team and Nick Varner. It was a great night and I had a blast. Nick is everything I heard he was. As nice of a person as you would ever meet. He took the time to talk with anyone and everyone and was very approachable. He even did a few trick shots for us after the match. (I got a couple of them on video in case Bigtruck didn't get it on his stream)

I got the chance to talk with Bigtruck during diner and was impressed. He's a great guy that does so much for this sport. If you ever get the chance to meet Ray do it. The man knows pool and is a pleasure to talk to. I wish I would have got to talk with John Barton some more but I was very impressed with his donation for the team. It's great to see someone like that who cares enough to help support the youth in this sport.

Here are some pics from the event.

IMG_0766_zps2d6d9317.jpg

IMG_0778_zpsac39a89e.jpg

IMG_0776_zps7a1e5e4c.jpg

IMG_0774_zps3ec5efb3.jpg

IMG_0773_zps6b0bcb5b.jpg

IMG_0772_zps00f3a716.jpg

IMG_0771_zpsb3548065.jpg

IMG_0770_zps2820c345.jpg

IMG_0769_zps73b2243d.jpg

IMG_0781_zpsed5d9a33.jpg

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Fantastic photo's, thanks for sharing them, and the recap.

Very cool.

Needing weight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing.

Much thanks to:

Mark Wilson
Lindenwood University
Ray Hansen

The pool world is forever indebted to all of you

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of play in a number of the matches. It was obvious that some players had trouble playing on camera, but I believe testing those waters was part of the plan.
Wish my college had a billiard club like this one. Great job by all involved- both on and off-screen.
If you missed it some videos are on BigTruck's YouTube channel CueNaPromotions

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice photos Chris.

It seemed to me that Nick got kinda belly hooked once. :smile:

I had a good time there. What a nice group of players.

I'll be there next year.

I finally got to meet Big Truck. I gave him a couple of my tip tools.

John

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Nice photos Chris.

It seemed to me that Nick got kinda belly hooked once. :smile:

I had a good time there. What a nice group of players.

I'll be there next year.

I finally got to meet Big Truck. I gave him a couple of my tip tools.

John

Me too I can't wait till next years event. Who knows, with the way things are going they might have a bigger facility by then. You left too early John, you could have went to dinner with us afterwards. Nick told some great stories and Bigtruck and I had some good conversation as well, Ray is one hell of a nice guy.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool!

It would be an amazing experience to be apart of an event and a team like that!