(H&S) Hustles & Sharks - Alzheimers

allanpsand

Author & PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Howdy Folks,

Another blog post about sharking:

This is an old geezer shark - usually pulled on any player younger than the pool hustler (minimum age to qualify as a geezer is mid-fifties). If you see this scheme in action, stay and watch the match. It can be quite entertaining.

Here's the link:
http://www.billiardgods.com/hs-alzheimers/

Have fun - shoot straight!!

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a normal day at our senior citizen room, you could also add " who broke?"
We play a lot of four player games so the opportunity to have some confusion is pretty good, Most of our players are in their 70's and 80's and even a few 90's.

larry732

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 25 years ago I was playing in a 9-ball tournament in West End Billiards in Elizabeth, N.J. when a senior citizen approaches me and says" I like the way you play " and my answer was " I think you need glasses". Playing there was Tony Robles, Ginky, Neptune Joe, Jimmy Fusco and many other future pros. Then he says you remind me of Fred Astair. Now I know you need glasses, Fred Astair was a dancer and he answers, yes, you do these graceful steps when your down on the ball. I do, was my answer. After that I couldn't make a shot, because when down I checked my alignment , cue ball, object ball and then my feet. Goodbye tournament.

Last edited:

PocketPooler

Silver Member
About 25 years ago I was playing in a 9-ball tournament in West End Billiards in Elizabeth, N.J. when a senior citizen approaches me and says" I like the way you play " and my answer was " I think you need glasses". Playing there was Tony Robles, Ginky, Neptune Joe, Jimmy Fusco and many other future pros. Then he says you remind me of Fred Astair. Now I know you need glasses, Fred Astair was a dancer and he answers, yes, you do these graceful steps when your down on the ball. I do, was my answer. After that I couldn't make a shot, because when down I checked my alignment , cue ball, object ball and then my feet. Goodbye tournament.

Im sorry for the misfortune, but I have to say.... That is awesome. With age comes wisdom, I guess lol.

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Sounds like a normal day at our senior citizen room, you could also add " who broke?"
We play a lot of four player games so the opportunity to have some confusion is pretty good, Most of our players are in their 70's and 80's and even a few 90's.

We got an old guy who whilst your down on your shot, he'll say, "arent we solids?" or something to that effect. Throws your whole plan out the window. Jackass lol

LMB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's funny is when the old timer's shill says under his breath, but loud enough for the opponent to hear after he looses, "I can't believe he can't beat a guy that doesn't even know what balls to shoot."