water spots from quick clean

icemanfred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried quick clean today.,maybe i didnt shake the can well enough.
a couple globs of foam came out at first. left water spots after drying.

is there any way of getting that out??

not really sure I want to continue to use this product. lt didnt pick up a couple small spots of chalk. maybe the coverage wasnt good enough. but I dont want to use alot for fear of water spots.
simonis 860 cloth btw

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried quick clean today.,maybe i didnt shake the can well enough.
a couple globs of foam came out at first. left water spots after drying.

is there any way of getting that out??

not really sure I want to continue to use this product. lt didnt pick up a couple small spots of chalk. maybe the coverage wasnt good enough. but I dont want to use alot for fear of water spots.
simonis 860 cloth btw
Yeah, I've been using that product for a few years, but not too often. I've seen that exact problem before when using it, when the foam comes out in bigger foam balls. It doesn't seem to matter how well the can is shaken up, or if it's a new can, half empty, or almost empty can, it still occasionally happens. The quicker you wipe off the foam with the micro wiper, the less chance the spots will remain. Also, if you take a wet washcloth (wrung out) and wipe the area with the spot, once it dries, the spot will likely be less noticeable.

I feel this product is a bit overrated, but for some reason I still occasionally use it and reorder more of it. When I have time, using a shop vac with a brush attachment to thoroughly vacuum the table surface, followed by occasionallly wiping the entire table surface including the rail cloth down with a damp towel, will do a far better job of keeping your cloth looking clean than the Quick Clean spray. I try to do that every month or two on our tables here in the poolroom, and it's worked well for years in bringing back the color and cleanliness to the cloth, and maybe even slightly reducing the noticability of the burn marks.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You actually should start the spray off and away from the table cloth......like on a news paper on a adjacently positioned table.

Once the spray starts and appears more consistent after a few seconds you can then spray the entire cloth never letting off or interrupting the spray already started.

If you don't this, you'll wind up with the burps & spatter in the spray when you begin the spray and as already explained, it just tends to happen otherwise.

A smart thing is to vacuum the table afterwards but allow some of the dampness imparted to evaporate before doing only one directional vacuuming.

That's what I earned about this product. I allow for a product waste around 20% and you can clean a table using 2 sprays if you do it in two 1/2 sections.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That stuff is horrible. I took a clean white rag....soaked and wrung it out. Went over the table cloth a few times. The cloth will be wet but it drys ok. And the spots came out. You are not alone... my table was covered with the white marks. It’ll be ok. It will clean up

Last edited:

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use it.

It does leave spots that fade after time. I always thought it was the ingredient that darkens the cloth slightly to cover the burn marks.

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
What he said!

Heard to many stories about this stuff. We used it in a poolroom I frequented and after a year everyone's hands were completely filthy. What it did was put a "clearcoat" on the slate and never allowed the chalk, powder, etc. to settle to the slate. It stayed in the cloth and peoples hands were almost black. When the tables were recovered, they stopped using it and all was well again.

That stuff is horrible. I took a clean white rag....soaked and wrung it out. Went over the table cloth a few times. The cloth will be wet but it drys ok. And the spots came out. You are not alone... my table was covered with the white marks. It’ll be ok. It will clean up

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Any table I’ve owned gets no water or spray on it....just a vacuum.
...I think every player knows that dampness affects the rubber....no wet cloths.
...all the spray products I’ve seen makes the table play worse....
...and do you really need that stuff on your bridge hand?

However, I won’t use the Hoover outside though....
...’cause nature abhors a vacuum.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
The spots always seem to fade. I've been using it for years and it seems to work. As mentioned above, just start the first pass a little off the table. The big puddles miss the felt.

-td

icemanfred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
regarding the woolite solution
what ratio of woolite to water

also am I understanding this correctly
the entire table needs to wiped down, not just the water spots?

Shooter32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
regarding the woolite solution
what ratio of woolite to water

also am I understanding this correctly
the entire table needs to wiped down, not just the water spots?

I only put a few drops of Woolite in a gallon or so of water . And yes soak the whole table to where it is all wet , a even coat of water across the table is what let's it dry even without the spots . As you have I have spots from the spray cleaner and from spot cleaning , the full table even wipe down with the Woolite solution let my cloth dry spot free and as clean as day one . Hope this helps .