Watches on the bridge hand

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
See, Im just the opposite. I wear my watch(es) on my back hand to fine tune my stroke speed.

If the cloth is REALLY fast, sometimes I have to wear 6 or 7 watches on my right arm to slow the swing down.

Conversely, if Im playing on really slow cloth, I wear a couple of dog chains on my left ankle to make sure my balance stays forward to assist in the proper stance required.

Its all about the gimmicks man, pool cant be played well without superstitions and gimmicks.

Everybody got a gris gris. :thumbup:
Chuck and Earl -- separated at birth.:D

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I hate the feel of a watch.

Hat too.

Same, but I'll go a step or two farther.

I haven't worn a watch in many years. I don't wear necklaces, bracelets, or like stuff in my pants pockets. Heck, I don't even wear my wedding ring anymore (wife doesn't mind). I like to travel as lightly as possible. My usual attire is shorts/tee-shirt or polo shirt, ankle socks, and sneakers.

Maniac (yes....I wear underwear)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a few nice scores over the years and went out and bought 3 nice Swiss watches to remember them. One I beat Merv, one Joe, and another was a combo of Joe and Rezza. Ha ha:)

I wear them proudly when I play.

I wonder if some of the pros do the same with their bling bling maybe they bought after a tournament win or a gambling score.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
On my left, I wear a watch and a wedding ring, except when I play pool.
I don’t wear jewelry, everything out of my pockets except the chalk I’m using.
Not sure why, it’s just what I’ve always done

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shoot with my left hand
Take the watch off

Ronnie O Sullivan
Had an extremely nice watch
For a while but got a different one
Last year and it was his best year ever

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I feel I’m in a minority here.....
...I came straight from a golf course to my first time in a pool hall....
..so like most golfers, I wear absolutely no bling.

You're right, very few do.

I remember when TAG Heuer made a big deal about their Tiger Woods model, with the crown off the 9 instead of off the 3, so the crown would not dig into the back of your hand while flexing.

Of course, moving any other watch to your right wrist would accomplish the same.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve worn a watch since I was like 6 or 7 years old so I don’t think anything of it. It’s like my glasses.. I don’t even notice they are there. I will say since starting to wear an Apple Watch years a go I turn it on airplane mode when I’m playing. My luck is vibrates with a notification mid stroke lol

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Yeah, I wear a watch. Nothin' blingy or huge tho. Can't understand the fad of wearing a showy alarm clock on your wrist. Rugged, easy to read, just 39mm, time, day and date. The info I want. If I go to a race track, I'll carry a separate stop watch.

Attachments

• Hamilton Watch.jpg
    Hamilton Watch.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 237

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I'm a watch guy...it's my thing. Have about 30 (nothing to exotic). Being a right handed and playing left (alla John Mora...must be a Canadian thing) and thus it's not on my bridge hand. I have 4 that I like playing with. Others are too heavy or pricey.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Yeah, I wear a watch. Nothin' blingy or huge tho. Can't understand the fad of wearing a showy alarm clock on your wrist. Rugged, easy to read, just 39mm, time, day and date. The info I want. If I go to a race track, I'll carry a separate stop watch.

What "showy" watch has an alarm clock?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I had a few nice scores over the years and went out and bought 3 nice Swiss watches to remember them. One I beat Merv, one Joe, and another was a combo of Joe and Rezza. Ha ha:)

I wear them proudly when I play.

I wonder if some of the pros do the same with their bling bling maybe they bought after a tournament win or a gambling score.

No action one day when I was a kid....a guy I didn’t like at all had no money....
...asked for 45 points at snooker....said he’d put up his watch against $200..race to 5...
......won on blackball game ball 5-4.
Wore the watch for about five minutes...when the guy left, gave it to a friend...
...pt...blingless............here’s the watch...

68E01B1F-5E00-4465-9C49-87BF165BA0AF.jpeg

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Some people wear watches, others don't...in every walk of life. I am into watches so I wear one playing pool because I wear one every day. It neither helps or hurts my game.

The only concession I make is wearing a more rugged watch if I'm out at a place with those awful low hanging ball return collection boxes since my watch inevitably gets bashed on the opening.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
7fbec010431e6c0b97562b06b888f0f3.jpg
c4c577588c52dc9dc568ecce20552888.jpg

You wear your watch too tight.

I have owned and worn a watch for a long time. When I got back into pool I had to make a decision on the watch. I felt it was too much of a distraction and ditched it for when playing pool.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

It's a matter of personal preference. Long ago, when I wore a watch, I used to wear mine tight also. I hated the feeling of the watch moving up-and-down and rotating around my wrist.

The poster you quoted, shown a picture of a watch on your wrist, might say that you wear yours too loosely.

Maniac

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
It's a matter of personal preference. Long ago, when I wore a watch, I used to wear mine tight also. I hated the feeling of the watch moving up-and-down and rotating around my wrist.

The poster you quoted, shown a picture of a watch on your wrist, might say that you wear yours too loosely.

Maniac

Yes, Maniac I know.

A forum is for expressing opinions.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

I have owned and worn a watch for a long time. When I got back into pool I had to make a decision on the watch. I felt it was too much of a distraction and ditched it for when playing pool.

I agree it may look that way but I don't actually. In those pics it was moved right on top of the bone to get a better picture. My watches will slide below or above the ulnar bone with a shake of my wrist. There is no imprint when I take it off except the rare very hot sweaty day where it's a little swollen. Even that is just a watch or two where I can't get the right combo of half and full bracelet links and go small to keep the crown of a few watches from digging into the back of my hand...like this one sometimes does:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
bb839d04390e46bd7bbc983ee6ac73d9.jpg

Last edited:

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been a watch wearer since I was 15, have a little collection.
I can't leave the house without one on, just don't feel right!
Having said that, I stopped wearing one while playing, just
feels less distracting.
Used to see Efren wear a thin gold watch while playing.

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Mike Sigel putting his watch back on after his 150 and out vs Mike Zuglan.
I couldn't find the run on google so I could be wrong on which match it was.
steven

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great Watches Are Like Pool Cues - You Only Need One But More Just Seems Better.

Left to right.......Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. Breitling Avenger Titanium & Omega Seamaster Professional.

When I play pool, either the Planet Ocean or the Avenger watch is what I mostly wear. If I play in neighborhoods
where bling only invites problems, I have a Benrus watch from WW!! that was my stepdad's, a couple of Citizens,
Raymond Weil, 2 Seikos, 2 Bulova Acutrons & the 1st Movado auto wind watch produced. But I really prefer the
heft and weight of the first two watches when I play pool & I really like the masculine style & look of both watches.

Matt B.

Attachments

• Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean.jpg
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean #3.jpg
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean #3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Breitling Avenger Chrono Titanium.jpg
    Breitling Avenger Chrono Titanium.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Breitling Avenger Watch Strap.jpg