4 ball Carom

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
So once you get 2 on the rail like that it's all but over for your opponent?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
So once you get 2 on the rail like that it's all but over for your opponent?

Well that's the best way to score, the rail nurse

It's pretty much straight rail, except you don't touch the other qball or it's a foul

You only score with the 2 red

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well that's the best way to score, the rail nurse

It's pretty much straight rail, except you don't touch the other qball or it's a foul

You only score with the 2 red

I have seen it played a lot, but never bothered to learn the rules.

Is it just that you can't touch the opponent's cb with your cb, or is it that nothing can touch the other guys ball on your shot?

Honestly, I think I have seen it both ways.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I have seen it played a lot, but never bothered to learn the rules.

Is it just that you can't touch the opponent's cb with your cb, or is it that nothing can touch the other guys ball on your shot?

Honestly, I think I have seen it both ways.

That's all I know, is your qb isn't supposed to touch the other qball

,as this video shows, he used a red to kick the other qball away in the second players first inning

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Korean 4-Ball

I played the owner of 21 Billiards in Edgewater, NJ a few times. Once, I asked him to show me some carom. His name was Sang Lee, but not THE Sang Lee. He positioned the two red balls near each other during the game and ran over 50 points. To this day, it remains the most beautiful display of cue AND object balls I've ever seen in person. The gather shots to bring the two balls close together after one was too far away were incredible. He sold the room soon after.
Later on, I looked for him in another Korean pool hall to let him know my home room was for sale (he refurbished older rooms and sold them). I asked the room manager to give my note to Sang Lee. He asked me "Which one? We have 4 that play here regularly." When I told him the former owner of 21 Billiards, he knew who I meant. Must have been tough getting a game when you introduced yourself as Sang Lee back then. Even scarier now, I imagine.

Last edited: