Tip advice for Mezz WX700

Playhard419

Registered
I have tried Zan M, Kamui S black, Sniper and I can't seem to find something that suits my liking yet. Im tempted to just try a triangle as I've always had great feedback with these. It appears to me with a bit of online research that the majority say that soft or medium is the way to go with the WX700 wavy. I think I'm done with Kamui as they are just not consistent enough without repetitive maintenance. Currently have a Kamui black soft n the control is terrible. I do mostly only play on 9ft. tables so missing a thin cut the length of the table is unacceptable to me and therefore I believe a harder tip will be able to gain more control. I know its mostly personal preference but I'm just seeking some more in depth advice or recommendations from some more experienced players based on what I just stated.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried Zan M, Kamui S black, Sniper and I can't seem to find something that suits my liking yet. Im tempted to just try a triangle as I've always had great feedback with these. It appears to me with a bit of online research that the majority say that soft or medium is the way to go with the WX700 wavy. I think I'm done with Kamui as they are just not consistent enough without repetitive maintenance. Currently have a Kamui black soft n the control is terrible. I do mostly only play on 9ft. tables so missing a thin cut the length of the table is unacceptable to me and therefore I believe a harder tip will be able to gain more control. I know its mostly personal preference but I'm just seeking some more in depth advice or recommendations from some more experienced players based on what I just stated.

On the 700 shaft ive had the morri jewel that felt very nice and a ultraskin hard which was great as well. Soft tips are not good for that shaft imo.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive started with a stock kamui brown soft, which never settled in,and glazed/miscued way too much. Then i got a milk triangle which served me well, kind of felt like a good medium. Now im on a kamikaze elite soft which is quite alright. Im thinking about trying a g2 medium next, i feel like i need a tad firmer than the kamikaze soft. Nevertheless the wx700 is great, just the right amount of stiffness. Ive gone to the expro, back to the wx700 more recently, feels more consistent. I would also like to know other ppls tip combinations

GrayBeard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a medium Milk Dud from Pooldawg8. Great tip; keeps its shape and plenty of control.
Only needs occasional tip picking and it's good to go. I don't claim to be a high level player,
but this is a very good tip.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use Molavia reg. and hard on my WX700's. I use the hard on my Wavy joint shafts for 9' tables and 7' Valleys with carpet felt. I use the reg. on Uniteds for 7' Diamonds with 860. They play extremely well. Brian.

DingDongDuong

Registered
Try thoroughbred tips, I used to only use kamui but this tip is perfect to me on the wx700

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ultraskin Ivory med. plays real well on my 700. GREAT tips and the price is unreal. $2.70/ea if you buy here on AZ.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Molavia reg. and hard on my WX700's. I use the hard on my Wavy joint shafts for 9' tables and 7' Valleys with carpet felt. I use the reg. on Uniteds for 7' Diamonds with 860. They play extremely well. Brian.

This sounds very interesting, ive only used soft on my wavy and on my expro which i no longer have, did you ever have joint problems on the wavy? Even the united? My united break cue started miscueing very bad this past weekend. I cleaned all kinds of gunk out of the joint so i hope that did the trick

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
You will enjoy a good triangle or good lepro even a milkdud, when a good one gets installed its great!

My current set up is the new wxalpha shaft with a lepro and it shoots lights out. I use to play with a wx700 in the past and always enjoyed a good triangle or milkdud.

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
G2 Hard -- best tip I've ever played with. Onyx is 2nd for me and like it very much too. Triangle or LePro could do well too. I think any of those 4 would be a good choice with G2 being my first choice, every time. Zero maintenance and plays great.