Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Cork and leather.
Epoxy over linen isn't too bad either.
Doing one for my bar beater right now.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I prefer leather over no wrap. Elephant Ear is so comfortable to me. I have no clue what is on my Lomax but it's damn comfortable too.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
No wrap for playing, linen for old school look, and then elephant ear(dont mind playing with elephant)
Jason

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Got one of each, leather, linen and wrapless. So, it really depends on the weather and if a high humidity or not, etc. Or which one I feel lucky with that day :)

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's your favorite wrap other than linen?

I don't have a favorite wrap per se because my favorite cues are all wrapless.
Just the finish for me.
I've always felt a cue is too loose when I play with linen, leather, cork... anything other than wrapless.
All this depends on your grip. Mine happens to be loose as well.
When I tried a wrapless cue after years of trying to get along with the other stuff, I finally felt good again.
Maybe it's because of having gotten used to playing a lot of house cues.
Don't know. But what I do know is that I'll never go back to any wraped cue of any kind....lol

Last edited:

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
I love the looks of leather especially the lizard and elephant patterns. Some of the most beautiful cues out there to me.

I have a few that I just really wish I could make myself like enough to be my favorite player 'cause they're soooo purdy.

I just can't get away from solid wood though. Something about the feel of the vibrations with your fingers right on the wood I think. Nothing in between you and the cue to dampen that.

I use a pretty loose grip mostly and like to let the cue slip a little sometimes too and that's harder to do with wraps.

So for me a leather wrap for looks, wood for play.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Premium Spanish Bull. Channel cut deep. .045 thick leather from Superior Cues.

JD%20CUE%209_zps3s0d6daz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Premium Spanish Bull. Channel cut deep. .045 thick leather from Superior Cues.

JD%20CUE%209_zps3s0d6daz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got this Spanish Bull thing on one of my Lambros and I'm very disappointed with it.
The cue is slipping all over the place.
I can hardly move the stroking hand without the cue sitting still and that's even on just regular strokes, not break speed.
BUT again, it all depends on your grip, how much you sweat, the humidity in the room where one plays etc. etc...