Cushion Rubber

billy-ks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What makes a good cushion rubber? You hear people say Artemis but Diamond says to only use it on there 9' and on 7 and 8 to use there black cushion rubber. You read where Oldhausen says there rubber is 100% gum rubber and all the others are 70 - 75 % with the rest fillers. Is there such a thing as 100% gum rubber. Most people talk about profiles on here but no one ask what makes a good rail rubber and how to find out what the properites are of the rubber.
I just redid a American Hearatage and the rubbers were horrendous. My supplier tells me there is no such thing as 100% gum rubber rails and the rails they use are one of the best you can buy. I used them and they worked fine. But I would still like to know what to look for when purchasing.
Thanks.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
What makes a good cushion rubber? You hear people say Artemis but Diamond says to only use it on there 9' and on 7 and 8 to use there black cushion rubber. You read where Oldhausen says there rubber is 100% gum rubber and all the others are 70 - 75 % with the rest fillers. Is there such a thing as 100% gum rubber. Most people talk about profiles on here but no one ask what makes a good rail rubber and how to find out what the properites are of the rubber.

I just redid a American Hearatage and the rubbers were horrendous. My supplier tells me there is no such thing as 100% gum rubber rails and the rails they use are one of the best you can buy. I used them and they worked fine. But I would still like to know what to look for when purchasing.

Thanks.

My choice is Artemis. Have this on my GC2 for the past 8 years and they are the best cushions i ever played on. Now what makes a good cushion well I’m not a chemist i just play pool so imo consistancy over time is important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: