Case issue need advice. Thanks

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

I just got a new Action Case and it is a 2\2 case. The case is a hard case and the problem I am having is that the butt and shafts set to far down in the holes and you have to turn the case upside down to get them out. I tried joint protecters but did not help to much. What can put down the holes to make the butt and shafts taller to make them easier to get out. Something that will not hurt the wood. I though about shoving some of those packing peanuts down in there to get some height but thought someone may have had this or before and had a clever idea to fix. Thanks

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Piece of garden hose will work.

Short piece of wood dowel.

I would put something in there so you can get it out later on if you need to.

Joint protectors on your cue might help.

My hardware store has springs to put in those holes. You can make your case spring loaded.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
They have foam at the craft store that won't damage your cues. If you're really clever, you'll run a piece of cord down with the plugs to be able to pull your plugs out if you ever need to remove them

Imagine pool noodles, but narrower

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Two words: Invert case.

If that is impractical, insert some polyurethane rod, wood dowel, pvc pipe, spare change, whatever does the trick.

If you can retrieve the shaft and your butt is setting bumper down, no JP, you can screw the shaft on the butt while it is inside the case and lift it out with ease.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to a crafts store and buy a small piece of foam. Cut to size. Insert into holes.

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
I think everyone missed the obvious answer, go to www.jbcases.com and design the case of ur dreams, then use that action case as a boat anchor.

2 birds, One stone.

You are WELCOME.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i havent read the other replies
but for an extender i carry in the case
i had a fabric sleeve ( like a condom for the cue) made at 34-36 inches
the fabric is strong enough so the friction of pushing it in and out of the case wont tear it
it keeps you from having to push something into the spaces that you may not be able to easily remove

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poke small openings at the bottom of the case.in the middle of each tube. Insert dowel into each to push your cue up to you.

:sorry:

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
case

cut pvc the height you want, place a rubber stopper in the hole...works for me....

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw someone in my league who attached (glued?) small dowel rods to his joint protectors so he can easily grab them out of the case.