Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Pool ball collecting.
Notices

Page 111 of 118 « First 1161101109110111 112113 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.
Old
  (#1651)
Meucciplayer
AzB Silver Member
Meucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-11-2020, 01:40 AM

I congratulate mostly you 2, K2Kraze and Rubik's for this thread. Not only have the displayed ball sets attracted a very special section of the forum members but also your great guidance in keeping this thread so different from many other lengthy threads in this forum. I am glad that this thread is an island of friendliness and lack of insults which is also one of the main reasons I still read it after such a long time. So, the 200k views are mostly a result of the main contributors. Congrats!

Old
  (#1652)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

05-11-2020, 01:57 AM

Good morning, Mr M.

Thank you so much, dear fellow. Another thing that has been wonderful about this thread is the generous support of like-minded souls from around the world. Without the amazing help from folks like you, sir, my own treasured collection would be all the poorer. I remain sincerely grateful.

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Ball galleries: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2574

Custom designs: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2653

Best wishes,
RC.

Last edited by Rubik's Cube; 05-11-2020 at 01:59 AM.

Pool ball collecting.
Old
  (#1653)
K2Kraze
AzB Gold Member
K2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Pool ball collecting. - 05-11-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meucciplayer View Post
I congratulate mostly you 2, K2Kraze and Rubik's for this thread. Not only have the displayed ball sets attracted a very special section of the forum members but also your great guidance in keeping this thread so different from many other lengthy threads in this forum. I am glad that this thread is an island of friendliness and lack of insults which is also one of the main reasons I still read it after such a long time. So, the 200k views are mostly a result of the main contributors. Congrats!

Hello, Meucciplayer -

I share the kind words and affirmations offered by my dear friend from afar, the estimable Mr Rubik’s Cube, and how this Pool Ball Collector thread has brought together a unique group of folks - and managed to do so with nothing but old fashioned kindness and respect.

Reflecting back on the days when RC began the thread and our friendship flourished over a long-lost 16 ball, it became apparent that our shared passions around pool balls could indeed be a haven for other fellows - which naturally evolved as meeting place for friends and fanatics. We’ve held steadfast to the notion that we shall allow no borders or boundaries around the world to keep us from helping everyone in whatever way we can to enjoy what we think is the reason we all play. The balls

And this is what started it:

Which quickly found its way across the Atlantic to the doorstep of RC. Speaking of which....

As I jet across the globe today gazing out at the glassy Atlantic 9 miles below and ponder the myriad changes and challenges we all face, I’m comforted by the fact that I will remain indefatigable in this shared, honored pursuit with my good friend, RC, to keep doing what we set out to do: share the spirit and passion of the gentleman’s game - billiards. And balls.

Thank you again, sir, for the kind words. Made my day!

~ K.

Last edited by K2Kraze; 05-12-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Old
  (#1654)
ChuckJones1987
Registered
ChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2020, 07:10 PM

The new EBSA Snooker Coacing Balls. Cool enough for any collection, I say.

Old
  (#1655)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2020, 06:38 AM

They are indeed, Chuck. Another great spot, sir!

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1656)
ChuckJones1987
Registered
ChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2020, 05:54 AM

And for those extreme collectors that absolutely must have all things Aramith. Here is the 68mm New Carolina Billiard ball set, released a few years ago in Russia and other Commonwealth of Independent States.

Everything that's included in the box is pictured above.
Those pinks remind me of both ends of a pig.
3 modes of play for the games "7-Pins", "Big Pyramid", and "Carolina"

The set-up for the High scoring game of Big Pyramid.

Points are scored by pocketing balls.
Black = 60 points
Pinks = 30 points
Reds = 20 points
1 ball = 11 points
2 through 15 are worth the amount printed on the ball,
And the last numbered ball on the table gets an extra 10 points added to it's value.

300 points on the table. First to 151 wins!

Call pocket! Respot your lowest value ball if you foul!

I'd love to recreate this game if I can get my hands on a set of 2.25" pyramid balls.

I have high quality scans of the Instructional Booklet included with this set as well as the translations available for anyone who may be interested in having a copy for themselves.

Oink oink!

Last edited by ChuckJones1987; 05-22-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Old
  (#1657)
K2Kraze
AzB Gold Member
K2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-22-2020, 08:24 AM

Chuck - what a great find, sir!

Here is the Vigma Russian set I have in the 57.2mm/2.25” balls

We can easily recreate this game with 2.25 balls

~ K.

Old
  (#1658)
mrpoopytime
Registered
mrpoopytime is on a distinguished road

05-23-2020, 02:30 PM

Thank you K2Kraze and Rubik's Cube for the wealth of information and beautiful photos here! You guys have gotten me into ball collecting and to finally create an account here!

Of course my wife may not be too happy as I've recently spent a bunch on setting up my pool room and getting into collecting chalk!

I've recently acquired this set of balls but don't know too much about them. I see someone on ebay has attributed them to Hyatt and I was curious to see if anyone here knew anything. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old
  (#1659)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.

05-23-2020, 03:20 PM

Good evening, Mr P.

Thank you so much for the kind words, sir. I can’t tell you just how pleased I am that this thread has brought you to the AZB forum, dear chap. It really does make all the time spent sharing our stories and posting up the pictures worthwhile.

That beautiful set you have purchased has stirred up quite a lot of interest amongst collectors recently. Chuck, K2Kraze, Bfriesth and myself have all also snapped up examples in the last few days. At present, we know next to nothing about this mysterious set, Mr P. I have sent an enquiring letter to the original recipient on the label - The Virginian Pilot newspaper - in the hope they might be able to shed some light on the balls’ provenance.

Best wishes, sir. And welcome to our little club.

Best wishes,
RC.

Norwegian Balls.
Old
  (#1660)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.

Norwegian Balls. - 05-26-2020, 02:30 PM

Good evening, everyone.

Here's a little custom design for your perusal, ladies and gentlemen.
Attached Images

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1661)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik's Cube View Post
Good evening, everyone.

Here's a little custom design for your perusal, ladies and gentlemen.
They're beautiful

Old
  (#1662)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.

05-26-2020, 06:03 PM

Thank you very much, sir.

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1663)
Meucciplayer
AzB Silver Member
Meucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond repute

05-26-2020, 09:54 PM

Very nice.

Is there any chance these designs (we have seen a few in the thread, AFAIR) will get realized? And if so, what kind of price would you be looking at for having such a set made? Or is that more or less a pipe dream and nobody makes a reasonable offer to produce such a set in very low numbers and at an affordable price?

Old
  (#1664)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.

05-27-2020, 01:50 AM

Good morning, Mr M.

It’s always great to hear from you, dear fellow.

The chances of commissioning a custom set of balls like Brent’s Norwegians or my Pool Roulette is possible, sir, but admittedly very slim. If one wants quality (and who doesn’t) the top manufacturers like Aramith or Vigma require minimum orders of 200 or more units, so costs often prove too high for a private customer.

In most cases it is a pipe dream, old chap, but we can always hope!

Best wishes,
RC.

Last edited by Rubik's Cube; 06-02-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Old
  (#1665)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.

05-27-2020, 01:57 AM

Apologies, Mr M, I didn’t exactly answer your question about costs of commissioning a custom set.

I don’t yet know with any certainty, sir, but my best guess from Aramith would be somewhere in the region of $25,000 for 250 sets.

Best wishes,
RC.

Page 111 of 118 « First 1161101109110111 112113 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: