Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Amarith Black....
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-13-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrunge19 View Post
They would be okay if all I was going to play is 9-ball. The 9-ball is really the only one that looks decent with the black sides so I can stomach having one of these new color combination balls on the table. But if you play 8ball and have to have 6 more balls with that color combo out on the table, it's too much. Swapping the colors on the 4/5 balls wasn't needed but that's not a complete deal breaker. At the end of the day though, I'd rather just stick with the classic look of the centennials.
Rashig made a ballset without numbers for 9 ball, with a 9 ball like the one in Aramiths set. It's not an original idea by Aramith. Naturally, without numbers, it's harder to distiguish the 9 from the 1, so it made total sense to make this colour scheme there Supposedly, Rashig made their balls without numbers, because at the time it wasn't possible to make numbered balls as accurately and as round.

Another theory is that the designer actually hated colourblind people and wanted them to suffer. Apparantly the CEO of Aramith is colourblind and wanted to get revenge, by making a ball set that was worse for those with normal vision. Don't know if that's true, but the Rashigs enjoyed a great reputation, despite noboby actually buying them. Well, not nobody, but very few, I should say.

Old
  (#32)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 04:45 PM

Take a look at the Four Player set in my gallery, Mr S.

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Ball galleries: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2574

Custom designs: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2653

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#33)
oknazevad
Registered
oknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond reputeoknazevad has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2020, 11:57 PM

That may be the best purple I've ever seen in a set. After all, the shade of purple is so often too dark to easily distinguish, and brighter, more vibrant purple is a fine thing. Especially when paired with a moderately lighter, less red shade of brown to really allow for a truly distinct 7 ball.

Too bad they put it on the wrong ball. The pink-for-purple swap on traditional TV color schemes (which is weird to call them traditional, but it has been nearly 40 years since it emerged) makes some sense in that shades of pink are often really shades of light magenta, so they're both in the part of the color wheel between red and blue. And the choice of pink and lighter brown are clearly lifted from snooker colors, so they're not without precedent in billiards.

But if purple is in use, it needs to be on the 4 and 12, else you're just confusing the public and the player.

Last edited by oknazevad; 07-12-2020 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Grammar fix

Amarith Black....
Old
  (#34)
K2Kraze
AzB Gold Member
K2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Amarith Black.... - 05-14-2020, 02:22 AM

to quote MattPoland.....”Out of curiosity, do you sell billiard supplies? I was wondering if you did and whether that might color your opinion.”

Hello, Matt -

Sell billiard supplies? Heavens no. I’m a buyer only. I just happen to love ball sets in general and whenever I have the chance to share my experiences and thoughts on a particular set from my private collection (like the Aramith Black edition) with fellow AZB’ers, I jump at the chance.

Venture on over to the Pool Ball Collectors thread sometime if you’d like to see other colorful sets and opinions, sir

~K.

Last edited by K2Kraze; 05-14-2020 at 02:25 AM.

Old
  (#35)
I Got Lucky
AzB Silver Member
I Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2020, 02:29 AM

They are the ugliest set of balls I have ever seen and I have spent time as a caretaker in a mens old age home locker room.

If someone gave me a set I would regift them....UNOPENED.

The only way a set of balls could be worse is if they were made by the Association for blind people and instead of numbers they had braille imprinted on them.

Efren..."I got lucky"..............

Me...."I got lucky too". From running away to running out on The Magician....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BIIl5...ture=youtu.be#

Old
  (#36)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2020, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oknazevad View Post
That may be the best purple I've ever seen in a set. After all, the shade of purple is so often too dark to easily distinguish, and brighter, more vibrant purple is a fine thing. Especially when paired with a moderately lighter, less red brown to really allow for a truly distinct 7 ball.

Too bad they put it on the wrong ball. The pink-for-purple swap on traditional TV color schemes (which is weird to call them traditional, but it has been nearly 40 years since it emerged) makes some sense in that shades of pink are often really shades of light magenta, so they're both in the part of the color wheel between red and blue, and the choice of pink and lighter brown are clearly lifted from snooker colors, but if purple is in use, it needs to be on the 4 and 12. Else you're just confusing the public and the player.
I agree about the new purple....it’s a great choice....
..for a four ball!!!!!!!!!

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#37)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2020, 09:37 AM

I enjoy collecting pool memorabilia and have bought different things over the years like individual
pool balls. The Raschig cue ball with concentric circles is an example & I probably have a dozen
different cue balls. The novelty of any item can be intriguing but its appearance is also important.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#38)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2020, 12:11 PM

Really, really ugly no matter what light their under or what color the felt.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Love
Old
  (#39)
franko
AzB Silver Member
franko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond repute

Love - 05-14-2020, 08:33 PM

I love them . I do wish the 5 ball had been orange but I like everything else about them.

Old
  (#40)
K2Kraze
AzB Gold Member
K2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2020, 06:22 AM

Old
  (#41)
cjr3559
AzB Silver Member
cjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond reputecjr3559 has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2020, 02:49 PM

I would take a set if given to me because they’re Aramith, but not a fan otherwise.

My guess those black striped balls will need constant polishing to look good otherwise my bet they’ll dull quickly.

Don’t like the purple 5, was never a fan of the pink 4 either. I mean, the 4 was already purple once upon a time. Now the designers just seem like they are confused with the color schemes.

And the black dot cb is ok, but the extra black logo dot makes it look too busy. May as well make the whole ball polka dotted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: