Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Pool ball collecting.
Page 116 of 118 « First 1666106114115116 117118

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.
Old
  (#1726)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-10-2020, 02:53 PM

You are probably right about a CGI render, Mr P.

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Ball galleries: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2574

Custom designs: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2653

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1727)
longhorns2
AzB Silver Member
longhorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond repute

06-13-2020, 09:08 AM

Hey Mr. P,

Did you order the Tungstens from the Olhausen website? I ask because I put in an order four days ago and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or anything. Just wondering because the set and the price seem unusual.

Old
  (#1728)
mrpoopytime
Registered
mrpoopytime is on a distinguished road

06-13-2020, 09:14 AM

Hi longhorns2, yes, that's where I placed my order from. They are very slow at processing orders. Given how low that price was and how long they took, I had assumed it was a price mistake and it was going to be canceled. However 12 days after payment, I received an email saying they were preparing my order. It took another 3 days before it was actually shipped and 3 more days to it to arrive at my place.

Old
  (#1729)
longhorns2
AzB Silver Member
longhorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond reputelonghorns2 has a reputation beyond repute

06-13-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpoopytime View Post
Hi longhorns2, yes, that's where I placed my order from. They are very slow at processing orders. Given how low that price was and how long they took, I had assumed it was a price mistake and it was going to be canceled. However 12 days after payment, I received an email saying they were preparing my order. It took another 3 days before it was actually shipped and 3 more days to it to arrive at my place.
Thanks for the quick reply. That's good to hear. Fingers crossed it comes through. It's funny because the platinums are way more expensive but that design looks horrible to me.

Old
  (#1730)
mrpoopytime
Registered

06-13-2020, 09:41 AM

In regards to other online billiard vendors, has anyone ordered from canadabilliard.com before? They seem to have a large stock of some of the more interesting Aramith sets, such as a full baseball billiard set, bonus ball 99 and bocetta.

Or how about http://bobbleball.com/productsbilliardsets.html? You can build a set of balls from a large selection of colors. Seems really cool for a cut-throat set, but I wonder about the quality.

Old
  (#1731)
mrpoopytime
Registered

06-13-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. That's good to hear. Fingers crossed it comes through. It's funny because the platinums are way more expensive but that design looks horrible to me.
Hah, I'm actually a fan of the platinums, but they're definitely not a traditional looking set. They are on my list to buy, particularly after trying the tungstens.

Old
  (#1732)
bfriesth
Bolder
bfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond reputebfriesth has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Hey Mr. P,

Did you order the Tungstens from the Olhausen website? I ask because I put in an order four days ago and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation or anything. Just wondering because the set and the price seem unusual.
I ordered some Tungstens from Olhausenonline and have had better luck so far. I ordered last Wednesday and got confirmation and tracking number same day. They are supposed to be here tomorrow. We will see if they show up.

Old
  (#1733)
tuffstuff07
AzB Silver Member
tuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-16-2020, 05:52 AM

If anyone is still looking for the Tungsten the league room on Facebook has them for 75 bucks shipped.

Old
  (#1734)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2020, 06:39 AM

Thank you for the tip, Mr T.

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Ball galleries: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2574

Custom designs: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2653

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#1735)
9baller
AzB Silver Member
9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute9baller has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

06-16-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Kraze View Post
IF you happen to be after EVERY billiard ball set that the great Aramith offers, you’d eventually be led down a phosphors path mysteriously illuminated by the invisible ultraviolet light that can be had for mere espresso money - good ole black light bulbs from Halloween parties and the secret college soirées

Aramith markets their specialty ball set as a ‘Glow In The Dark kit’ complete with everything you’d need for a special or nutty pool-night.....except the fluorescent black light bulbs of course. Easy enough though. Amazon prime will have a few to you tomorrow if you hit the right buttons.

I’ll say this - Aramith never disappoints. We’ve all come to know that whatever has their (authentic) name on, we can rest assured of one thing: highest quality.

These GITD beauties won’t disappoint. Even under normal lights. They are as perfect as the Tournaments in every way. They play like every other high-end ball set and clean up flawlessly with minimal efforts. They have unique coloring....

The deepest and richest mulberry/maroon you’ll find this side of Crayola. Radiant blues and reds. A reverse 8-ball that is pure perfection. Neon greens you’ll never confuse with any other ball either. Pure purple passion with the 4 and 12.

When I have a few extra minutes to switch out some of the ceiling lights in my pool room to make these beauties jump off the baize, I’ll snag a few other photos to show how they change from fun to fantastic - - Especially if you serve up a fine 18-year Cardhu Single Malt Scotch Whisky favored by our very own Rubik’s Cube and served to equally fine friends on Pals & Pool nights.

Cheers, everyone!

~K.
Beautiful set! I just posted mine on eBay, if anyone's looking.

Old
  (#1736)
mrpoopytime
Registered

06-16-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckJones1987 View Post
I would love to own a set of the Billiard Footballs. Is anybody friendly with creator Earl Munson? I have tried contacting him with his information listed on the BCA instructors website, but no response as of yet.
Hi Chuck. I noticed there's a seller on ebay, aesbilliards, that is selling 3 singles from that football set. It's unfortunate there's not a complete set, but it could be a start of one.

Old
  (#1737)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-16-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9baller View Post
Beautiful set! I just posted mine on eBay, if anyone's looking.
Not a fan of the neon green, but that 7 caught my eye immediately, a gorgeous color. Then I read the text and it appears it IS gorgeous!

I actually came by to let you all know
Attached Images

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#1738)
ChuckJones1987
Registered
ChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckJones1987 has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpoopytime View Post
Hi Chuck. I noticed there's a seller on ebay, aesbilliards, that is selling 3 singles from that football set. It's unfortunate there's not a complete set, but it could be a start of one.
Thanks for looking out. I checked with that seller and they did not have a complete set so the hunt is still on. I have tried contacting Earl Munson but seems he's off the grid at the moment.

Old
  (#1739)
tuffstuff07
AzB Silver Member
tuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond reputetuffstuff07 has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2020, 09:36 PM

Got my dynasphere tungsten balls in yesterday. So far I'm impressed for 75 bucks shipped they play amazing and have stayed super clean

Old
  (#1740)
K2Kraze
AzB Gold Member
K2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffstuff07 View Post
Got my dynasphere tungsten balls in yesterday. So far I'm impressed for 75 bucks shipped they play amazing and have stayed super clean

Same here, tuffstuff - just received mine last night - and for my pics of these value-leaders, I thought I’d wait until I run 20 more racks of them before posting up a review and the photos.

So far though: zero roll offs in testing, and the weight tolerances exceed even the newest Centennials.

More to come Monday...

~ K.

Page 116 of 118 « First 1666106114115116 117118

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: