Portland Maine

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll be in Portland for two days at the end of the month. Are there any rooms open with 9’ tables?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny. I am outside of Portland right now. Looking for the same thing. Actually surprised they have so many halls in Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Great. Give me a scouting report. Let me know if anyone plays 1P. I can start with the best one around and work my way down if I have any money left😎

MooseKnuckle

Registered
maine-jeep.jpg

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Best room in Maine is TJ's in Waterville.

It's about 75 miles north of Portland. Mike DeChaine learned to play there.

Last edited:

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Not so regarding TJ’s. (Opinion note)
Legend’s in Lewiston is closer has 9’ Diamonds. 30 mins.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I hear Maine is legal recreational THC

is it allowed in the pool halls?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
the big room in Portland, Union Station Billiards, won't be re-opened until mid-September, by their Facebook posts. It closed a few months ago, Covid related. It recently was purchased by someone, and the hope is to be re-opened in mid-September if the licensing and such goes smoothly.

I haven't been to the room in Lewiston. I understood there was a good room in Auburn, perhaps meaning the same place?

TJ's is nice, as is the room I play out of in Bangor (even further north) Rack City.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the big room in Portland, Union Station Billiards, won't be re-opened until mid-September, by their Facebook posts. It closed a few months ago, Covid related. It recently was purchased by someone, and the hope is to be re-opened in mid-September if the licensing and such goes smoothly.

I haven't been to the room in Lewiston. I understood there was a good room in Auburn, perhaps meaning the same place?

TJ's is nice, as is the room I play out of in Bangor (even further north) Rack City.

Lewiston/Auburn same place, Legends.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Lewiston/Auburn same place, Legends.

Yes Legend’s closed the Auburn location last year due to lease, parking and AC/heating issues as I hear it. Bought an off track betting building and redid it.
Rack City is nice as stated Diamonds maybe a GC outback.
TJ last I knew (been a few years) GS’s &1 Diamond.