Is California Billiards closing for good?

bezhermoso

Hi,

Does anyone know if California Billiards in Fremont, CA is ever re-opening again?

I just drove by their spot twice this morning by happenstance, and their signs were gone on my second pass.

I am rooting for them to come out of the other side of this pandemic & economic downturn, but it's hard knowing there is not much *I* can do to help...

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Hi,

Does anyone know if California Billiards in Fremont, CA is ever re-opening again?

I just drove by their spot twice this morning by happenstance, and their signs were gone on my second pass.

I am rooting for them to come out of the other side of this pandemic & economic downturn, but it's hard knowing there is not much *I* can do to help...

In a word: no

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Um....

In a word: no

The thread title asks: Is California Billiards closing for good?
Inside the thread asks: Does anyone KNOW if Cal. Billiards is ever RE-OPENING?

My question is which are you answering "no" to.........?

a) Is C.B. closing for good?
b) Is C.B. ever re-opening?
3) Do you know?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hi,

That would be a real shame. It's got to be one of the best pool halls in the western USA. I understand it was quite profitable before the pandemic.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
My buddy just talked to the owner - the shopping center is being remodeled so the signs were removed. They are staying in business and will re-open when they can.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heck, it’s tempting to relocate to Fremont just so I could join. It’s a really nice place.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Heck, it’s tempting to relocate to Fremont just so I could join. It’s a really nice place.

That place is pool hall heaven. They had regular "golf" action on the snooker table. Those guys used to play 24/7 - old style pool hall with lots of money trading hands.

Last edited:

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
California Billiards is not closed BUT if California keeps this lockdown in place, who could expect any business to recover? It is a shame that California can't get its act together.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
California Billiards is not closed BUT if California keeps this lockdown in place, who could expect any business to recover? It is a shame that California can't get its act together.

Believe it was California Billiards that had a big Cuemaker Expo years ago, was half way there Car died, and never made it to the Expo.

When the place reopens I am sure the owner will reach out to the customers via some methoids....Messege should be SIMPLE We Reopened.... When will Californiaq open their State?, ask there Governor.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member

Call Nancy Pelosi invite her for a game, she can open it up.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Call Nancy Pelosi invite her for a game, she can open it up.

I do not think Nancy is a in the know about how the little people live, she is rich & fat, because of her power in Washington D.C.

If she was in tune with the little people she would be working on federal aid programs to help her home district, the City & County of San Francisco that are the same geographical boundaries.

Would like to ask her are your aware of all the poo poo in the Street of San Francisco, are you aware there is a App you can put on your phone. To advise you how to avoid the poo poo, and only walk in the safe places.

Answer would be intresting.

I am sure lobbyists dump bucks of moola in her lap to get her attention on matter important to them.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
She puts California next to her name on tv.
Its like pool pros representing their country.

Alex Pagulayan plays for Canada as professional sports athlete from another country.

It could be a great photo op, like when Obama played pool, that one time.

I do not think Nancy is a in the know about how the little people live, she is rich & fat, because of her power in Washington D.C.

If she was in tune with the little people she would be working on federal aid programs to help her home district, the City & County of San Francisco that are the same geographical boundaries.

Would like to ask her are your aware of all the poo poo in the Street of San Francisco, are you aware there is a App you can put on your phone. To advise you how to avoid the poo poo, and only walk in the safe places.

Answer would be intresting.

I am sure lobbyists dump bucks of moola in her lap to get her attention on matter important to them.