Examples of Bad Sportsmanship?

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
Pissing match...

I think the guy that pissed in all 4 corner pockets on that diamond barbox after getting beat by a girl was the worst case of poor sportsmanship I ever heard of.

I agree too!! I looked for that thread when this topic was originally posted and found zilch... It has disappeared completely.
MLC

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
the problem i am having is i have a guy on one of my teams that likes to talk shit. and the drunker he gets, the more he talks. normally not a problem for me when he's playing. we're all older and any problem he creates for himself is his problem. however when he does it while i am playing it does two things, it annoys the person i am playing and the verbal back and forth begins to distract me and i play worse.

That does sound like a problem... he talks shit to the opposing team,
in games where he's not even involved?

I personally wouldn't tolerate that on my team. Friendly trash talk is fine between two close
friends who are playing each other. But otherwise it's simply disrespectful sharking.

You probably should lay down the law with this guy. Once he understands it's sharking
you more than the opponent, he should clam up. And even if it wasn't, you don't
need to stoop to that to win, right?

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you seen that actually happen? Aside from getting the ball in hand? I do not think I have even seen a loss of game awarded in ANY tournament or league play.

Had this rule called on me in Vegas at the BCA Nationals.... resulted in me losing a game .... and my temper ;)

AAplayr

Banned
Bad sportsmanship

Those damn earbuds need to be banned from play. I had a guy tell me to remind me if he was on 2 fouls by tapping him on the shoulder because he had them...ahhh no.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Former world champion playing in a match against another former (or maybe current) world champion: sees that the shot is going to be problematic, and hurries the shot to make sure that no referee is called over. Fouls and continues to shoot. Not a surprise since this player was already known to be scummy, but still disappointing to those who respect the game and the rules.

Hm Bob,

now i am very curious :p

^^

shewmake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was shooting this guy one time and we was just playin bar room 8ball or strait 8 and i was on the 8ball and it was in the kitchen so the other guy hits the cue ball right in the pocket, i try to kick at it and miss we repeat this 3 times. So this time i just put the cue ball behind the 8 and shoot it out of the kitchen. The funny part was that the guy told me i couldnt do that it was cheating.

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Drago

Tony Drago at the Mosconi Cup a few years ago was about the worst I have seen. And it was during an Earl match of all things. The worst scummy behavior on a grand stage ever. And Tny was not even playing in the match. Absolutely terrible. He should have had two bouncers toss him out on his face, and yet the organizers allowed him to continue.

I remember that match and agree with you..Drago was out of hand bigtime. And even when he wasn't playing he was screaming from the bleachers in another Earl match against Ralf.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Last night in my last league match of the season, the playoffs. I won the first 2 games went to switch to my break cue for the next break, turned around and I see the guy I was playing walk out the front door and light up a cigarette! I looked at his team and said," You've got to be fu***** kidding me".

So I broke the balls (dry break) and went outside to let him know he had 90 seconds to make his shot.

The thing is if he had asked me if I minded if he took a quick smoke break I would have said ok. It was an obvious move to slow me down, which backfired. I stayed in gear and closed out the set.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
Ya know what you have to do cowboy. If you have asked him not to do it and he doesn't listen, there isn't a spot on the team for him next season.

cowboy? i've been called fat ass, moron and more than a few choice cuss words but cowboy is new:grin-square: i am not worried about him being on the team much longer, because i'm not going to be on the team much longer;)
i've treid to talk to him about it but i'm guessing he's one of those "that's who i am" type of guys. so i am going to be one the types of guys who ghosts and get's the f outta dodge.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
That does sound like a problem... he talks shit to the opposing team,
in games where he's not even involved?

I personally wouldn't tolerate that on my team. Friendly trash talk is fine between two close
friends who are playing each other. But otherwise it's simply disrespectful sharking.

You probably should lay down the law with this guy. Once he understands it's sharking
you more than the opponent, he should clam up. And even if it wasn't, you don't
need to stoop to that to win, right?

as i said, i don't think it could help me win in any way shape or form. i think it only fuels the other player to beat me. they know if they get through me there are no other high players to contend with. if anything i think he's helping the other team.
i don't think laying down the law is worth it for me. i'm just gonna move on. i'm to old to deal with the childish bullshit. i asked him to knock it the f off. he didn't. there's other teams. and i'll be back in the ATL in the next few weeks anyway.

MapleMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that Appleton jumping on the table wasn't very sportsmanlike. I understand he had just won a big match but I don't think that that was necessary. To be fair he was doing it more as a celebration than a way to taunt his opponent.