Silver Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 221

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the stream table, I think I just heard Alex in the background say, "I think I got it locked up already."

If he's referring to the all-around, he's wrong. The way Orcullo is playing, you need to keep winning, Alex.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
On the stream table, I think I just heard Alex in the background say, "I think I got it locked up already."

If he's referring to the all-around, he's wrong. The way Orcullo is playing, you need to keep winning, Alex.

It looks like there are six left in the 9-ball. Do you know how the points break down for the top six, and where Dennis and Alex have to finish to win the all-around?

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like there are six left in the 9-ball. Do you know how the points break down for the top six, and where Dennis and Alex have to finish to win the all-around?
After 2 rounds, I calculated that Alex had about 149 (not exact) and Dennis had 103.3. That's about a little less than a 50-point differential.

1st - 120 pts
2nd - 100 pts
3rd - 80 pts
4th - 60 pts
5th/6th - 50pts

Alex needs to be at least sole 3rd place in order to guarantee the all-around, even if Orcullo wins the 9-bal event. If is tied for 3rd place (70 pts) and Orcullo wins, then Orcullo will win the all-around.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex might need 1 more match to lock it up(in case Dennis wins the 9-ball).
The final six are as follows...

LeeVan(1) vs SVB
Ignacio vs Dennis(1)
Klatt(1) vs Alex

To be more precise, if Alex wins the NEXT match, then he'll lock it up. If he loses the NEXT match, it's still possible he can lose the all-around. EDIT: Which means your initial statement is correct. All he needs is to win one more match, no matter the order.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To put it another way, if Alex loses his next two matches, then Orcullo can still win if he wins the 9-ball.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Now for the most important question: If Dennis and SVB play in the finals will they shake hands?

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be more precise, if Alex wins the NEXT match, then he'll lock it up.
Hmmm, I think I'm wrong yet again. It's not a mathematical certainty if he wins the next match.

Check out the following likely scenario with four players left...

Alex (0)
SVB (0)
Ignacio (1)
Dennis (1)

If Alex draws either Ignacio or Dennis, then loses his next two matches, SVB loses his next match, and Dennis keeps winning, then Alex could still lose the all-around. Alex would get 70 pts (tied for 3rd) while Dennis gets 120 pts.

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Shane beats ignacio. Alex wins the all around? Even if he loses to Dennis his buy back guarantees 3rd.

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So now that DO has the bye and AP plays SVB,what
are the possibilities?

if alex wins then all 3 are still left & then shane or alex will get a bye into finals. one of them would get screwed out of a bye at all. p.s. this is the scenario as long as alex or shane havent had a bye at some point in the early rounds which i don't believe they have. wrong thread i wasn't responding to the MOT scenario, just the tourney situation with the byes.

Last edited:

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
alex should be at 229 even if he loses. if dennis wins, he would be at 223. alex won the all around i think.

MississaugaFats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just found out in the DCC 9Ball updates thread that Alex won the MoT title
with the guaranteed 3rd place finish (even if DO wins the 9B)