Calculating Multi Rail position shots

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think over all this thread is very helpful..when it comes to aiming an systems , there us a few camps out there..I think some think..its just snake oil..I also think some
just can't or won't remember the rail count..not saying any of you are..
yeah..no one table plays the same..even the table you start out on will change through the day..lights,temp,ect......I use systems as a guide line..just not on every shot..

clarkie39

Registered
Sometimes, our brains ( let me rephrase) sometimes my brain reaches overload and something simple like I "think" what you're asking can be helpful.

At the risk of being way off base on what you are asking, here is something so simple even I can remember it. :)

Whenever we send the CB around multiple rails, we obviously do it in either a clockwise or counter clockwise direction. So, just remember this.

I'm speaking of adjacent pockets on the table now ... depending of course on direction of CB travel.

If the CB hits the first rail near a pocket, it hits the next rail far from the adjacent pocket, then close to the next one and far from the next.

If the CB hits the first rail far from the pocket, then it hits the next rail near the pocket .. .and so on and so on.

If the CB hits the first rail near the middle and not closer to either pocket, then it hits the next rail near the middle also.

Now before anyone goes picking this apart, it is no more than a simple guideline that will vary of course with angle and english to some degree.

It's merely a simple thing to keep in the back of your mind when planning multiple rail CB hits.

Is that what you meant?

Thanks 3andstop at a basic level thats what im lookin for. After practing and more practice I;ve gotten a feel for the table.thanks alot

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone, I've seen some different threads regarding calculating multi (2-3) rail shots. Just curious if any one has a system to determine where on the first rail the cueball needs to hit into the cushion for it to rebound off of the 3 cushion or 2nd cushion to get position for a multi rail position shot.
The two most common systems for doing this are the Corner-5 System and the Plus System. These any many other common and useful kicking and banking systems are described, illustrated, and demonstrated in detail in the articles and videos here:

Enjoy,
Dave