Brunswick Anniversary

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Floater1...It may be a 'feeble excuse' in your mind, but it's true. The records burned up in a fire before they kept anything except paper records (no computers)...that's a fact. So what are they supposed to do? Magically recreate 100 years worth of records?

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Besides, who cares? If you have a time machine go back 10 years and buy bitcoin. Or go back further and buy up real estate around LA, NYC, Miami, etc.

Whatever you do, do not go back 50 - 60 years and buy a Brunswick Anniversary.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a few anniversary tables for $100 eac not too many years ago
Still in good condition

Some Centennials are selling for $25,000 but they are probably better than new

Our house cost $4200 in 1950 today it is worth over $150,000

It was a better neighborhood in 1950,thats about 40 times as much

where as a pool table has gone from $1500 to about $6000

not really much of an jnvestment

Nonethe less i bought one recently.Why? I am not sure,but I really like it

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I might be reading it wrong?

Looks like only $715 for 4.5 x 9 table. (top RH page)
With all accessories = 916.85
Installation listed @ $40

But i don't know what the column of 3 numbers, bottom RH page is?

smt

Looks like the total price installed was $973.52, with $340.73 (35%) due upon signing and $632.79 after installation. The other 2 numbers in the lower right look like a different split between the "now" and "later" amounts, a split that was changed to the 35%/65% figures.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a few anniversary tables for $100 eac not too many years ago
Still in good condition

Some Centennials are selling for $25,000 but they are probably better than new

Our house cost $4200 in 1950 today it is worth over $150,000

It was a better neighborhood in 1950,thats about 40 times as much

where as a pool table has gone from $1500 to about $6000

not really much of an jnvestment

Nonethe less i bought one recently.Why? I am not sure,but I really like it

Do you like the pockets?

Floater1

Registered
I appreciate all the feedback. I surely did not want to appear as “bagging” Brunswick. It’s surely unrealistic to expect them to recover pricing records. I’m guilty of having an unrealistic expectation, after staring at an anniversary and a jewel and appreciating the works of art and history does leave me a bit sad that a 100 year old anniversary symbol is not revered!!! But, oh well the future takes precedence!! I have a GC 2, and still enjoy just staring at it! I once owned a Manhattan but sold it because it never played like a Crown but it was beautiful!! Lol

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick Billiards is no longer a part of the Brunswick Corporation(<--the boat company) as of May this year.

Trent from Toledo

p.s. The GC6 is one of the finest pool tables ever made :)

The boat company sucks...they make a good motor tho

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the total price installed was $973.52, with $340.73 (35%) due upon signing and $632.79 after installation. The other 2 numbers in the lower right look like a different split between the "now" and "later" amounts, a split that was changed to the 35%/65% figures.

Yes- I have seen old Brunswick table receipts in the past and there is usually a down payment and then an amount due at time of installation. There is a table receipt for sale on e bay right now for a table delivered to the house of former heavyweight champ Max Baer- about 100 years ago! It also has a down payment and amount due. Someone cleared out an estate sale and there were about 80 billiard related ITEMS THAT THEY ARE SELLING on ebay this week. The guy who died was obviously a billiard collector.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes- I have seen old Brunswick table receipts in the past and there is usually a down payment and then an amount due at time of installation. There is a table receipt for sale on e bay right now for a table delivered to the house of former heavyweight champ Max Baer- about 100 years ago! It also has a down payment and amount due. Someone cleared out an estate sale and there were about 80 billiard related ITEMS THAT THEY ARE SELLING on ebay this week. The guy who died was obviously a billiard collector.

Any chance of a link to that Ebay stuff?

Thank you!