when to adjust game...

deadwhak

whatcha lookin' at???
Silver Member
i had just played a local some one pocket givin him 10-6...we played for 7 hours and i ended up 4 games ahead..i have played him like this in the past and lost a couple games and also won a few times...i know he is gonna want a bigger spot but 4 games ahead over 7 hours? myself i dont think that calls for an adjustment..just wondering yalls thoughts????

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Opinion

No it doesn't. Were you playing for money, and how much? If playing cheap, absolutely not. If you were playing for $100 a game, then you were getting close to an adjustment (5 would probably be the decision point).

Think of it this way, when you adjust, and continually do so, you are adjusting yourself to be a loser. Do you like being a loser? I don't.
(and I don't like breaking even too, my time is valuable, and my talent and experience are worth something on the table.)

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
I think you're right.

half a game ahead per hour??? Jesus, that could come down to a frozen ball, or a bad kick on a cluster EVERY TWO HOURS!!

If you're both playing hard, and honest, that's a fair game.

deadwhak

whatcha lookin' at???
Silver Member
No it doesn't. Were you playing for money, and how much? If playing cheap, absolutely not. If you were playing for $100 a game, then you were getting close to an adjustment (5 would probably be the decision point).

Think of it this way, when you adjust, and continually do so, you are adjusting yourself to be a loser. Do you like being a loser? I don't.
(and I don't like breaking even too, my time is valuable, and my talent and experience are worth something on the table.)

yeah we were gamblin..started at 50 then went to $100 a game...ended up 4 games winner...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
If he wants to adjust . . .

i had just played a local some one pocket givin him 10-6...we played for 7 hours and i ended up 4 games ahead..i have played him like this in the past and lost a couple games and also won a few times...i know he is gonna want a bigger spot but 4 games ahead over 7 hours? myself i dont think that calls for an adjustment..just wondering yalls thoughts????

I don't favor any adjustment but if he wants to adjust offer 11-7.

Hu