14-1 payouts and winners

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
Is there a list anywhere of the payouts and the places players ended up for the world 14-1 Open ?

highrun55

thanks

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
For a tournament of 48 participants, half the field got paid, totaling $45,700 in prize money.

Entry fee for this is only $600, which yields $28,000, not including prize money added by the promoter.

At face value, its not worthwhile to put on the tournament as the promoter starts off with a five digit deficit. Must be for the love and passion of the game, as its certainly not for making money.

Here you go: http://www.azbilliards.com/thepros/2000showtourney2010.php?eventnum=423. Pretty pathetic for a world championship, eh?

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
true

Gotta love the game I guess

thanks

highrun55

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
obviously none of you all understand any of the payouts.Let me let you know.The event was promoted by dragon promotions and many many sponsors that shelled out tons of cash,so if you think that the promoter just gave away 5 digits because he loves the game your crazy.What i would like to see is how much the rich doctors gave to be sponsors and if i did see it i would see that dragon promotions made a very high profit not a loss.

What i would really like to see is the players draw to see who plays who in front of everybody that way it is honest and also fun.It seems all to easy to just place players whever you want to benefit whoever you might have a stake in.This is why i personally know several world champions that will not participate in any of dragons events.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
obviously none of you all understand any of the payouts.Let me let you know.The event was promoted by dragon promotions and many many sponsors that shelled out tons of cash,so if you think that the promoter just gave away 5 digits because he loves the game your crazy.What i would like to see is how much the rich doctors gave to be sponsors and if i did see it i would see that dragon promotions made a very high profit not a loss.

What i would really like to see is the players draw to see who plays who in front of everybody that way it is honest and also fun.It seems all to easy to just place players whever you want to benefit whoever you might have a stake in.This is why i personally know several world champions that will not participate in any of dragons events.

You are suggesting:
  • that Charlie Williams' statements this year and in the past that Dragon Promotions really doesn't do this event for the money, because there isn't much to be made, are inaccurate, and
  • that the placement of players in the initial round-robin groups is somehow manipulated to the expected advantage of certain players.

Do you have any facts to support either charge? If not, it probably would be better to not make such charges.

It looked to me like the eight groups were fairly well balanced, with 3 or 4 good players in each group. But I would agree that if there is anything secret or mysterious to the players about the grouping process, that it would be better to make it fully transparent.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are suggesting:
  • that Charlie Williams' statements this year and in the past that Dragon Promotions really doesn't do this event for the money, because there isn't much to be made, are inaccurate, and
  • that the placement of players in the initial round-robin groups is somehow manipulated to the expected advantage of certain players.

Do you have any facts to support either charge? If not, it probably would be better to not make such charges.

It looked to me like the eight groups were fairly well balanced, with 3 or 4 good players in each group. But I would agree that if there is anything secret or mysterious to the players about the grouping process, that it would be better to make it fully transparent.
Charlie is not on trial here.Its just has been pretty obvious in this tourney and many others that certain players get benefits of easier draws and do you think that dragon workd for nothing and donates because they love pool.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a tournament of 48 participants, half the field got paid, totaling $45,700 in prize money.

Entry fee for this is only $600, which yields $28,000, not including prize money added by the promoter.

At face value, its not worthwhile to put on the tournament as the promoter starts off with a five digit deficit. Must be for the love and passion of the game, as its certainly not for making money.

The payouts for the players who finished 5th though 24th range from $2000 down to $700 a player. After subtracting the $600 entry fee plus various travel expenses, many of these players are actually taking a net loss on the tournament. These players who finish 5th-24th are also playing for the love and passion of the game as they certainly aren't getting rich on these payouts.

Last edited: