Used or New pool table on a limited budget?

preacherman

CPPA Founder
Silver Member
I'm on the hunt for a 9 foot pool table Atlanta area.
Budget $3,000 (including set up & Simonis cloth).
If I go with a USED pool table, how do I know the value?
If I go NEW what can get with my budget?

Thanks,
Jim "preacherman"

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on the hunt for a 9 foot pool table Atlanta area.
Budget $3,000 (including set up & Simonis cloth).
If I go with a USED pool table, how do I know the value?
If I go NEW what can get with my budget?

Thanks,
Jim "preacherman"
That budget should get you a REAL nice Gold Crown.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Attachments

• B6563CED-556C-4DAD-9D97-0007C7310993.jpeg
    B6563CED-556C-4DAD-9D97-0007C7310993.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can stretch just a bit...

Atlanta Craig’s List, for sale, sporting, pool table, looks to be a beautiful Brunswick Anniversary 9 foot in Tournament Blue. I also agree with a Gold Crown for service and value, but the Anniversaries are a nostalgic and gorgeous piece of billiard history.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s not limited! You can find a very nice Gold Crown for less than that.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree with the previous posters. A used Gold Crown is one of those timeless mixtures of furniture and function. If your budget is 3K, IMO you can’t buy a more functional table than a used Gold Crown. For 3K, if you buy furniture, you will likely lose function. My .02

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Used GC is the way to go but.....

Beware of Frankentables!

Over time parts from different tables and other models can get mixed together.

Also, the rails can be munched up from many reclothes and table hacks.

You need to know what you are looking at when you crawl under a table or find one dismantled.
Hire a true Table Mechanic to go with you to verify the table.
Sometimes you may have to put some work into a table to bring it back to life.
But if it can be bought cheap and you know the cost as a total there are tables to be found.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a used GC4 in Atlanta 7 years ago from a private owner. My out the door cost was 3200. I believe the seller paid in addition about 400 to the installers to close the deal.

I think you need to figure closer to 1000 for full delivery, setup, and simonis, above the negotiatee cost of the table.

For new, check out diamond home furniture tables. I think they are about 2500 plus setup and delivery. I never played on one, but a few of the reviews on here suggest while they are a step down from diamond pro or GC, they are a big step up from any other home model furniture table.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also give Southern Billiards a call. They are who I used for installation. They may have used tables in stock. I don’t think they are as good as the top guys like cobra and mark, but I was happy with their service.

And of course call mark. See if he has any used tables in stock. He will be the best quality install.

preacherman

CPPA Founder
Silver Member
God uses people in our lives, yes even in getting a pool table! When I need spiritual guidance I go to God through the guidance found in the Bible.

preacherman

CPPA Founder
Silver Member
I bought a used GC4 in Atlanta 7 years ago from a private owner. My out the door cost was 3200. I believe the seller paid in addition about 400 to the installers to close the deal.

I think you need to figure closer to 1000 for full delivery, setup, and simonis, above the negotiatee cost of the table.

For new, check out diamond home furniture tables. I think they are about 2500 plus setup and delivery. I never played on one, but a few of the reviews on here suggest while they are a step down from diamond pro or GC, they are a big step up from any other home model furniture table.

Thanks for sharing. You all have been helpful.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gold Crown

World Class table installed with new cloth for less than $3000

You just need the space and some light.

Last edited:

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gold Crown indeed! You guys crack me up.

That's a great plan except for one little flaw: there are basically no GCs in the Atlanta area, and really very few to none in the whole south. The Gandys saw to that. Roy would outfit an entire pool hall with his tables, take back a slow note as payment and few owners could resist his plan. Brunswick couldn't compete, or maybe chose not to.

I looked for 18 months but came up dry. I did find one very suspect looking probable POS in an adjoining state but it didn't look to be worth the cost of inspection. I even tried to buy one being used as a prop in a men's clothing store, but no dice.

A few decent looking Big Gs surfaced, but after reading on these pages how bad they were I gave up on them as well. Funny, back in the days I thought they were great tables.

I hope your luck is better than mine, but I found options to be very limited. There are a couple of local installers who sometimes have used tables for sale so you might try googling around a bit.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Gold Crown indeed! You guys crack me up.

That's a great plan except for one little flaw: there are basically no GCs in the Atlanta area, and really very few to none in the whole south. The Gandys saw to that. Roy would outfit an entire pool hall with his tables, take back a slow note as payment and few owners could resist his plan. Brunswick couldn't compete, or maybe chose not to.

I looked for 18 months but came up dry. I did find one very suspect looking probable POS in an adjoining state but it didn't look to be worth the cost of inspection. I even tried to buy one being used as a prop in a men's clothing store, but no dice.

A few decent looking Big Gs surfaced, but after reading on these pages how bad they were I gave up on them as well. Funny, back in the days I thought they were great tables.

I hope your luck is better than mine, but I found options to be very limited. There are a couple of local installers who sometimes have used tables for sale so you might try googling around a bit.

I live in Michigan and bought this one (white w/blue) from a guy in Texas. I'm at around $3500 all in with new 860 although I did assemble it myself. I paid up for the table itself because I wanted white. I could have saved a grand if I wasn't as particular. The other one (brown/green) I had before finishing the room I had about $1300 all in and that included paying to have it set up.

Start on Ebay, keep an eye on Craigslist. be patient.

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20161227_162936815.jpg
    IMG_20161227_162936815.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 206

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps contact Mark Gregory on this forum. He may know about additional tables available. If I recall correctly, I think he’s in the Atlanta area. :shrug: Google perfectpocketz.com

Last edited: