Has playing pool led to any other hobbies/activities?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many many years of teaching and playing with my two sons as they grew up in our then CT home with a great billiard room in our finished basement - times that you could never put a price tag on- priceless!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For example you play pool and decided to buy a table that needed some restoration which then morphed into a woodworking hobby.

Whatcha got?

I bought a cue repair lathe for fun. tipping, JP's, cleaning... custom canes. From there I bought a spindle lathe for pen turning, that turned into other things. Wine stoppers, rings, tool handles,... no limits.

Last edited:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, it was 1967. I found a bar name of "Joe's Last Chance Saloon" in Blauvelt, NY. Both the bar table and the beer was 25 cents. Well I was not much of a player but I did practice after work on a 9'GC. in East Rutherford, NJ.

So I'd put down a quarter on the table, get a beer and play for the table and beers. Playing on a 6.5 foot Valley after the GC made me seem pretty good. I wasn't but I still won enough that a dollar would last all night and I developed a "hobby" for beer. And that's how it all began.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Must be some lurkers in here who are afraid to log in and admit it.

Admit what Maynard?

You got into Pool, never to fulfill your dreams of owning that Hot Rod Lincoln.

Simply because Pool drove you to drinkin.

ldmitchell

Registered
Playing pool led me into making cues.
First I wanted use a cue that I had made myself.
Then I made my own break cue. Now, I am making a few cues for friends in the league.

TheHobbiesGuide

Registered
Billiard Blogging

Shooting pool got me into blogging about billiards. I've been doing that for a few months. Can't say I'm an expert, but I enjoy writing about it.

Last edited: