Regarding the Jenny Lee, Melinda Huang Match

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First I want to thank the players in this match, Ms. Jenny Lee and Ms. Melinda Huang. It takes a lot of guts and fortitude to get in the arena a put it all on the line infront of hundreds of spectators. For those of you who are used to playing with the assorted rail birds watching your match, this is a whole new level of scrutiny. This was 8 hours of unmitigated insanity. Next, I want to thank Daniel Busch of POVPOOL for convincing me to stream the match from Hard Times. Then I want to thank Hard Times for throwing in the time for the whole match. I want to acknowledge that Daniel was the easiest part of the process and was super professional throughout the whole project.

Next I want to thank Kevin Brewer, he is a great guy to do business with and I have been reading his posts on AZ for years. Only thing is he does suffer from a fetish for high heels, nobody is perfect.

I also want to acknowlege the people who made a monetary contribution, Pinklady, KK9, and Kenny Koo. I also want to thank a gentlemen that shall remain anonymous who when confronted with realities of this contest coolly peeled off a couple of c notes from his bank roll an supported the match.

I want to thank Don from SMHOB for giving me a *****in leather coat in lieu of a donation and last but not least I want to thank Danny Shades for sweating the match in person and frankly for being Danny Shades. I had a lot of fun putting this thing together and I I am looking forward to another event maybe in the first quarter of the new year. Keep in mind it was a group effort and next time we will have to at least double down on the prize fund. Happy Holidays from the Hollywood hills.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that I made some typos and thought I could edit this post, but is was duplicating it sorry about that. I am getting used to using the forum.

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
Just go back to the original post.....hit the edit button at the bottom....then correct your errors/typo's.

Then hit save and you're done.

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
Great job, overlord. A battle for the cash like that spices up the normally pool sparse Christmas season. :thumbup:

osama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you everyone for the great match! I really loved it! :thumbup:

I want to contribute for all the next matches (as long as the budget allows :grin-square:). I believe you should build an automatic (paypal?) contribution system. I'm sure the contribution for those matches will only grow stronger every time.

I really enjoyed it. I hope that all the upcoming matches are on this level! :cool:

Great job guys! :)

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Thanks Overlord, for the kind words and encouragement. Compliments to you as well for learning so quickly, all the nuances of what goes into an event such as this.

Looking forward to another match very soon. It's hasn't gone to print yet, but It looks like it's going to be Daniel Busch vs Lee Brett on either Feb 12 or 13.

Race to 30 / 9-Ball
So far this is a $2,000 match in the middle

POV Action Match #1 is already on YouTube: Jenny Lee vs Melinda Huang

Attachments

• POV AVATAR.jpg
    POV AVATAR.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 945

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry I missed this one. I really wanted to go but life got in the way. :smile:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I'm not sure what Ian is thanking me for but you are welcome. It was way cool of you to dig in your own pocket to make the match happen with zero personal gain. Way cool.

The first few times I played on tight pockets I was completely rattled and the table completely took me out of my game. Going from pretty tight pockets to very tight pockets can have the same effect and those pockets seemed to me to be very tight. I've seen pros play on that table (I think Oscar and Mora played on that table and maybe didn't have 1 run out) that seemed more than a little rattled and it appeared to me, although both players were struggling with the pocket size, they both stayed classy and bore down.

Contrast that with the way the US male pros acted while being drubbed at the Mosconi Cup and maybe there is a lesson to be learned there.

Daniel did a great job with a super quality stream. I can't imagine what the logistical problems he has to face are.

Quality stuff and kudos to all involved. I do think that OMGWTF's game would have gone up maybe 1/2 a ball were her heels just a little bit higher, but I'm sure that's just a question of trying things until you get the right formula.

Thanks again all

Kevin

Last edited:

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure what Ian is thanking me for but you are welcome. It was way cool of you to dig in your own pocket to make the match happen with zero personal gain. Way cool.

The first few times I played on tight pockets I was completely rattled and the table completely took me out of my game. Going from pretty tight pockets to very tight pockets can have the same effect and those pockets seemed to me to be very tight. I've seen pros play on that table (I think Oscar and Mora played on that table and maybe didn't have 1 run out) that seemed more than a little rattled and it appeared to me, although both players were struggling with the pocket size, they both stayed classy and bore down.

Contrast that with the way the US male pros acted while being drubbed at the Mosconi Cup and maybe there is a lesson to be learned there.

Daniel did a great job with a super quality stream. I can't imagine what the logistical problems he has to face are.

Quality stuff and kudos to all involved. I do think that OMGWTF's game would have gone up maybe 1/2 a ball were her heels just a little bit higher, but I'm sure that's just a question of trying things until you get the right formula.

Thanks again all

Kevin

I believe there was 3 in the Morra and Oscar match. This is why the over under we had on BandRs was 4 for this match and that was pushing it..

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
How many BnR's were in this match? I know it was discussed at the beginning of the match.

Also thanks to both players, all the contributors (to the money pot), and for POV for another awesome FREE match!!!!!!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I believe there was 3 in the Morra and Oscar match. This is why the over under we had on BandRs was 4 for this match and that was pushing it..

If I recall correctly, neither Oscar nor John were in heels.

It was this same table though right?

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
21-15 to Jenny Lee.
Watched about 1/3 of the 7 hour match.... OMGWTF is cool, but she didn't fire... didn't see her make more than 3 in a row in the random sections I watched. Jenny Lee showed form often... hard to believe Melinda got past 10 in this race. Commentary pretty bad, in as far as pool knowledge, though the Filipinos provided a few laughs.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I didn't tune in until it was 18 - 13 (I was playing an American Rotation match). So unfortunately, I only saw the last 5 racks.

I was pretty impressed with the level of play, especially considering 3 7/8" pockets is ridiculously humbling.

Well done to all involved! :thumbup: Thanks for bringing it!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I didn't tune in until it was 18 - 13 (I was playing an American Rotation match). So unfortunately, I only saw the last 5 racks.

I was pretty impressed with the level of play, especially considering 3 7/8" pockets is ridiculously humbling.

Cool of you guys to pony up too.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member

They were on 4.25" or somthing like that actually.

I saw PinkLady was in under your name though. She mentioned you need to find a gear or two so you can stop losing to her. What's that about???????????? :eek::eek::eek:

All the best,

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I caught the middle section which had had Jenny up 7-2, but Melinda caught a great gear and brought it to 13-11 (coming from 12-6, winning 5 in a row), then Jenny started pulling away. I had to leave when it was 17-12 (or something like that).

Thanks for the stream, and the YT upload. Looking forward to more matchups. :)

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Cool of you guys to pony up too.

Our pleasure! Will be putting a check in the mail today.

They were on 4.25" or somthing like that actually.

I saw PinkLady was in under your name though. She mentioned you need to find a gear or two so you can stop losing to her. What's that about???????????? :eek::eek::eek:

All the best,

I heard 3 7/8", perhaps I was mistaken.

Re: Pinky - she stole my chat identity, my virginity and sharked every penny out of my pocket. Gotta love a woman like that. :grin-square: