Hard Times Sacramento Streaming

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When the see the quality of the streaming that was done at the recent tournament in Sacramento you have to hand it to POVPOOL for putting forward at much better product at Hardtimes Bellflower. The stream was so bad it was hard to recognize players that are stars in the game. The commentary was non-existent.

It was hard to watch.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Well yeah, Daniel puts a lot of work into his streams and it shows, but I'm not sure it's a fair comparison. Wasn't the tournament stream just the room's webcam? I mean, if you go there now there is some guy by himself practicing on the table.

Last edited:

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 7.29.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 7.29.16 PM.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 776

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When the see the quality of the streaming that was done at the recent tournament in Sacramento you have to hand it to POVPOOL for putting forward at much better product at Hardtimes Bellflower. The stream was so bad it was hard to recognize players that are stars in the game. The commentary was non-existent.

It was hard to watch.

next time there's a stream w no commentary just lemme know and i'll fly alvin in to cover it

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member

It was hard to watch.

You are comparing a webcam that is up 24/7/365 to a professional streamer?

Give me the links to Hard Times LA or HOB's webcam and we can compare.

There was not supposed to be commentary.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not very tech savy and it looks like I can't proof read either. That being said I just was commenting that the streaming left a lot to be desired.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
I caught the last 4-5 racks and enjoyed the heck out of it!!!!!! I loved hearing the crowd roar.when Biado got to the hill and even more when Justin finished it. Im just proud to say that I got to see it live!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
It was pretty bad but I still enjoyed most of it. Too many people for the bandwidth. The chat was fun until I got kicked off for reasons unknown.

daphish1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't mind not having commentary but no stream should ever have the mic muted. Nothing worse than dead air IMO.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know how you complain about the quality of a free stream. You get what you pay for.

I agree, it was frustrating, but again, free.

For some reason Sunday was much better, less buffering.

I get pretty worked up when PPV is poor quality and they just say "the room has a lousy pipe"

sniper707

Registered
It was a free stream you can't complain about 5 days of great pool and not pay for it. Didn't stop the 950 people from still watching it yesterday. I'd rather hear balls clicking all day and what the players are saying then some of the commentary that goes on

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I listened to the stream just for the "pool hall sounds" and I also muted it, I much preferred the sound of pool rather then the muted version.