Dymalux and Dymondwood

ldmitchell

Registered
My latest project is a cue with a shaft and forearm of Dymalux, butt of walnut. Also in the picture is my break cue made of Dymondwood. The Dymalux seems identical to the Dymondwood.
Len Mitchell

Attachments

• P7010356.jpg
    P7010356.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,226
  • P7010358.jpg
    P7010358.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,111
  • P7010360.jpg
    P7010360.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,099
  • P7010357.jpg
    P7010357.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,086

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice and unique looking cues :smile:

How does it play? I reckon that materials like Dymondwood are pretty stiff and hard hitting, am I correct?

ldmitchell

Registered
Diamondwood and Dymalux are quite dense so these cues weigh about 22 ounces each. I don't make any claims about the shafts having low deflection. The shafts are smooth, stiff, and make the cue forward weighted. They feel good and are great for breaking.

Lucky8_CO

Registered
How does the Dymondwood compare to the Dymalux in terms of hit feel, machining, and overall breaking performance? I have heard from many people that the Dymalux just doesnt hold a candle...but it is the only material that anyone can really get their hands on these days. I would love a great review on both since you appear to have experience with both. How does it seem identical?

ldmitchell

Registered
The materials were identical to machine, sand and polish. There was more work involved with the Dymalux because the shaft started out as a one inch thick panel. The Dymondwood was available in dowels.
I haven't used the Dymalux cue at all. It has a medium tip whereas the Dymondwood cue has a hard Samsara tip. The Dymondwood cue is longer to suit my breaking style. Both shafts seem very stiff, dense and feel smooth as glass.