Best cue set up for kicking/banking

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a preferred cue set up (tip, weight, taper) optimized for kicking and banking?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a preferred cue set up (tip, weight, taper) optimized for kicking and banking?

My opinion is no. Especially playing 9-ball. Safeties, return safeties, kicks and banks come up often enough that I would hate to switch cues that often just for that. There are systems for training your mind to the angles and the effects of speed (compressing the rail) and english. Enough thought can go into that and be helpful that I wouldn’t add a different cue spec as another variable to fret over given I don’t think that’s as helpful.

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The best cue set up for this is one with a leather tip, a shaft, and a handle to hold onto.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to YouTube & look up Manning Cues for some 2-3-4 rail Kicking information Or look up Tor Lowry's Zero-X info....

Good Luck...

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Banks are generally played little higher speed..tip deformation etc. but yeah it mostly doesn’t matter lol
Oh, that... :)

I don't play much banks (the game), but I bank a lot in other games and don't play them any harder than necessary to get shape - like any other shot.

pj
chgo

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I've tried on kick shots to wipe off the chalk before I shoot so I don't put unwanted spin on the cue ball.

It is better to build a good stroke, but sometimes no chalk can help a kick go where you aim it.

fwiw,

Jeff Livingston