Issue with my mezz wavy

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a mezz wavy pin with an expro shaft. During play it keeps getting loose by a degree or two. It happens with my wx700 too. What can I do to keep this from happening? It’s a pretty darn tight fit already

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a mezz wavy pin with an expro shaft. During play it keeps getting loose by a degree or two. It happens with my wx700 too. What can I do to keep this from happening? It’s a pretty darn tight fit already
Not a builder but my AXI-K does same thing. My Olney did it too. On big-pin wood-2-wood joints you REALLY have to cinch it down tight. Even then its possible you may have to re-snug it every now and then.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are both mating surfaces nice and clean?
Have you try to blow out debris from the shaft threads?
Wavy Joint usually stays pretty tight.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sounds like too much tolerance between shaft and pin threads...loose fitting threads relying on face to face contact.

Mario

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried cleaning the surfaces, putting some moisture in the wood threads. It’s tight, but it’s like it keeps coming undone one shot per session then it’s ok. Maybe I will try to have them faced. What are the odds of having this happen on all three of my mezz shafts? Maybe it’s the butt joint?