2nd place in tourny

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
I had to share with the AZB folks. A few weeks ago the APA moved up my skill level to a 3 and it totally maxed out my anxiety and I've not shot well since the first week in January. Now I'm starting to get my grove back, I've been working hard on the long shots, locked up the fundamentals tight, and after lots of breathing in and out, it has started to fall back in place.

Last night we decided to go out and see a friend for her birthday and immediately after we get to the pool hall they said they were going downtown. After declining their offer to follow them to the other side of town I was invited to enter the 8 ball tourney. I won the first match, against some guy who made safeties on his every turn:smile:. Next I was matched up to his fiancé, we've known each other for a few years, she is a great shot, and for the first time I won the match against her:D. Then I played a third guy who everyone said was a good shot, and he was!!! But I beat him too:thumbup:.

Next thing you know I'm at the finals, and who's going up against me? My coach, I had no idea. I was so happy, he had to win 4, I needed 2. We made it hill hill neither one us wanted to win. After an amazingly bad leave I gave him CB and 8Ball both in front of the pocket-- he won. I was/am so happy I got second place. I had my chances to win but, I was so amped, and exhausted, and shocked, that I made it to the finals in 8 Ball, which is NOT my game. In the end I was just happy to be there with the guy who pushes me to do the best I can. I received many complements on how my game has improved, and that I was shooting great, still I can't recall much of the matches I played.

The $10 bar tab prize is quite silly for 2nd place ($20 for 1st). Regardless, it's free play time and we always have a great crowed-- heck I'm there.

Here is coach and me
859024_10151409574956855_1489617788_o_zps19cd429b.jpg

Thanks everyone,
'nuff said
Loren

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had to share with the AZB folks. A...

Thanks everyone,
'nuff said
Loren

Congratulations!!! I don't care what anyone saz... gettin' the money is pretty kewl!

Freddie <~~~ hard work still pays offf

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Conrats on your 2nd place finish. It's good to see people having fun with pool and still working hard to get better. Johnnyt

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loren...It doesn't matter if the prize is $1000...or a handshake and a smile...the confidence built and good feelings generated are priceless! Congratulations on your excellent finish, and best wishes for more to come! Still looking forward to seeing you in April!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Loved reading your post. Congratulations on a great finish, you should be very proud! Keep it up.

Dave

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That was a great read and I am happy for you.

Keep it up.

Pool is such a great game!

Mark Griffin,
CSI

Chadk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to you. That confidence that was built will pay dividends down the road for sure.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Loren,

Congratulations!

That's great.

The fact that you do not remember much is a sign that you were & remained focused.

Did you feel drained after?

Sounds like you are well on your way to going on auto pilot.

Congratulations again on a job well done.

Best Regards to You &

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Very, very cool. Congrats!

I love reading your reports here. Please keep'em coming.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Loren,

Congratulations!

That's great.

The fact that you do not remember much is a sign that you were & remained focused.

Did you feel drained after?

Sounds like you are well on your way to going on auto pilot.

Congratulations again on a job well done.

Best Regards to You &

I'm still exhausted! All I really recall is that I played my safeties perfectly, Donny would have been proud to see it. Ball control in speed and position was tight. The fundamentals (although they could be better) kept me grounded and were key to my wins.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I'm still exhausted! All I really recall is that I played my safeties perfectly, Donny would have been proud to see it. Ball control in speed and position was tight. The fundamentals (although they could be better) kept me grounded and were key to my wins.

Wait. How many hours later & you're still exhausted?

You are forgetting one of the main fundamentals.

The Red Wine Wind Down.

If you stay in the ZONE too long You can get lock in...................The Twilight Zone & never see your faminly again. You will be forever locked in a black & white pool hall just waiting for up & coming pool challengers to test their game against yours.

So... if you ever want to see your family again you have to remember to always do the Red Wine Wind Down.

Don't forget...Don't ever forget.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Wait. How many hours later & you're still exhausted?

You are forgetting one of the main fundamentals.

The Red Wine Wind Down.

If you stay in the ZONE too long You can get lock in...................The Twilight Zone & never see your faminly again. You will be forever locked in a black & white pool hall just waiting for up & coming pool challengers to test their game against yours.

So... if you ever want to see your family again you have to remember to always do the Red Wine Wind Down.

Don't forget...Don't ever forget.

I had about a bottle of red wine while I was playing.