Apa not disclosing covid19 infected players???

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I still do not fell the league operator has the right to ask a thing about a spicific condition. They could ask general question, and maybe be OK. If you test positive what does it mean. Expose? Or No Symptoms.

To the people who call names get a life, and look into mirror to see if your perfect. I offered my personal opinion.

BTW I still thing six month of lockdown was unnessary, and one think I am sure of it killed a lot of business, that are never opening.

BTW a Saw Bone is another name for a Doc, as in the Civil War they did not save limbs, they WACKED EM off.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawbones

Could even beat rock band, of same name.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I still do not fell the league operator has the right to ask a thing about a spicific condition. They could ask general question, and maybe be OK. If you test positive what does it mean. Expose? Or No Symptoms.

To the people who call names get a life, and look into mirror to see if your perfect. I offered my personal opinion.

BTW I still thing six month of lockdown was unnessary, and one think I am sure of it killed a lot of business, that are never opening.

BTW a Saw Bone is another name for a Doc, as in the Civil War they did not save limbs, they WACKED EM off.

I imagine a LO could ask any question they want but you wouldn’t have to answer. That said, I imagine the scenario we are debating here starts with a COVID positive player voluntarily disclosing their condition to the LO in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I imagine a LO could ask any question they want but you wouldn’t have to answer. That said, I imagine the scenario we are debating here starts with a COVID positive player voluntarily disclosing their condition to the LO in the first place.

Ke3ep you medical info private, or some one will say after you speak, you said your were a Spacil Allien, and =next you will be dealing with Space Force Recruiter.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'

Everyday I go to work. Whether it be at the office or a job site. I am required to have temp taken, and answer 4 questions about my potential exposure to covid. If I don't follow that process or if a fail the temp, or admit potential exposure, then I cannot enter the area. I can't fake the temp without real effort, and I could lie regarding the questions. Am I butt hurt because my employer is attempting to provide a safe working environment for their employees....?..., nope.

I don't see why following the same protocols at pool league would be a such a big deal. It would be refreshing to see a LO care more about their members then just what is in their wallets.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyday I go to work. Whether it be at the office or a job site. I am required to have temp taken, and answer 4 questions about my potential exposure to covid. If I don't follow that process or if a fail the temp, or admit potential exposure, then I cannot enter the area. I can't fake the temp without real effort, and I could lie regarding the questions. Am I butt hurt because my employer is attempting to provide a safe working environment for their employees....?..., nope.

I don't see why following the same protocols at pool league would be a such a big deal. It would be refreshing to see a LO care more about their members then just what is in their wallets.

I I agree with the spirit of that comment but it does appear to have some challenges to execute.

I assume most businesses that have those kinds of procedures in place do so because of some form of CDC guidance or SafeStart requirements ordered in their state regarding employees. I don’t think many companies are volunteering into those practices optionally. If given a choice, I would guess half or more would not bother because of the diversity of people’s perspectives on the pandemic.

It is tough for a LO because the league players are not employees. So they’d likely face a lot of pushback from half their players if it’s only mandatory due to the LO’s preference. And the venue comes into play. Whether in a bar or pool hall, the owner of that location might have an affect on executing those protocols.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I assume most businesses that have those kinds of procedures in place do so because of some form of CDC guidance or SafeStart requirements ordered in their state regarding employees. I don’t think many companies are volunteering into those practices optionally. If given a choice, I would guess half or more would not bother because of the diversity of people’s perspectives on the pandemic.

My company put the policies in place in early March. These were not mandated by our provincial government (ontario) at that time. It may be now, not sure. When we are working on a job site, we are technically contractors and are responsible for ourselves. Meaning the building we are entering doesn't "covid" police us.

It is tough for a LO because the league players are not employees. So they’d likely face a lot of pushback from half their players if it’s only mandatory due to the LO’s preference. And the venue comes into play. Whether in a bar or pool hall, the owner of that location might have an affect on executing those protocols.

Unfortunately I believe you're 100% correct. This is a situation wherein people need to put others ahead of themselves. Some just can't bear a small inconvenience for physical/mental well being of others.

I have been living my life as normal, with the caveat of wearing a mask in public and sanitizing my hands after placing them at risk. That means I have been in several publicly accessible buildings. Restaurants, retail, fast food, and even pool halls. None of them require anything other than masks. I get these places wanting to encourage their customers to come in rather than risk annoying them with temp checks.

Hard sell... whatca going do...?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't call you names, fool.

You- literally- asked about experts' opinions, when you have clearly rejected such in the past.

Do you think we don't still smell your past forum dumps?

Well I still do not fell the league operator has the right to ask a thing about a spicific condition. They could ask general question, and maybe be OK. If you test positive what does it mean. Expose? Or No Symptoms. Positive means you carry the virus. To carry the virus, one must have been exposed to it. A positive diagnosis does not speak to the individual displaying/ not displaying symptoms

To the people who call names get a life, and look into mirror to see if your perfect. I offered my personal opinion. we know the accuracy rate of your opinions and assessments. quite well. You owe 2.

BTW I still thing six month of lockdown was unnessary, and one think I am sure of it killed a lot of business, that are never opening. can you find any examples of business that have benefited?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawbones

Could even beat rock band, of same name.Rock band can't be beat without a cheat.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True- whatcha gonn do?

Tough thing: the 80:20 theory...the efforts of many can be erased bya minority who either inadvertently or intentionally or negligently carries or spreads.

My company put the policies in place in early March. These were not mandated by our provincial government (ontario) at that time. It may be now, not sure. When we are working on a job site, we are technically contractors and are responsible for ourselves. Meaning the building we are entering doesn't "covid" police us.

Unfortunately I believe you're 100% correct. This is a situation wherein people need to put others ahead of themselves. Some just can't bear a small inconvenience for physical/mental well being of others.

I have been living my life as normal, with the caveat of wearing a mask in public and sanitizing my hands after placing them at risk. That means I have been in several publicly accessible buildings. Restaurants, retail, fast food, and even pool halls. None of them require anything other than masks. I get these places wanting to encourage their customers to come in rather than risk annoying them with temp checks.

Hard sell... whatca going do...?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think its anyone's "duty" or "right", as a business proprietor, to disclose person xyz has anything, be it corona, the common cold, or AIDS.

Now, they perhaps can say X number of people on our league have reported to us they have corona. Play at your own risk.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think its anyone's "duty" or "right", as a business proprietor, to disclose person xyz has anything, be it corona, the common cold, or AIDS.

Now, they perhaps can say X number of people on our league have reported to us they have corona. Play at your own risk.

I would be upset if the LO knew someone was COVID positive and let his team play my team immediately following that revelation. I would be twice as livid if that unfolded into me playing that player because they opted not to stay home.

I think the minimum expectation of the LO is to make exposed teams aware of their exposure and to make schedule adjustments to avoid the occurrences I described above.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And it is probably a worthwhile reminder that the OP states, "...APA Operator is saying he does not have to tell anyone who they are".

Does he have to? Legally, doubtful. Morally, yeah.

Again: It is pool. Would we expect the morally responsible choice?

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mask, or not - if you venture out into the world, around people, you should have a reasonable expectation to be exposed to this virus and many others. This is never going away and will be part of our daily existence just as others are. You have no RIGHT to know anyone else's private medical information. Period. You don't want to risk exposure - stay inside.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law/states/exposure.html

Granted the above is a link to STD criminal policy, but the point is you don't have the right to knowingly jeopardize other people's health.

Not that covid is death sentence by any stretch, but I don't think it a stretch to see laws adjusted to include covid declarations if things don't start to really slow down. Knowingly endangering people and subsequently their loved ones is flat out wrong. I don't care what you think your rights are.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Who is liable for the deaths and illnesses? Businesses point to people. People point to businesses. Disclosure should absolutely be an obligation.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
WHy do you even put such nonsense together? Your ignorant treatment and responses to the Doc showed your ignorant perspective toward documented experts.

Anyway, HIPPA is not complicated, in a broad sense. It is not applicable to the situation at hand.

It's extremely complicated to idiots who use it to defend why they are justified in perpetuating the pandemic.

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We as APA league operators are required to notify the national office when we learn of a player who attended league play with Covid-19. Then we work with their guidance through a process that includes notification and contact tracing, as well as possible shutdowns and schedule changes. As far as requirements to disclose a name, I personally have never been through the process but because of privacy issues I would imagine there's no such requirement. I don't know what other organizations do, but APA has a well-defined process for handling these issues. The national office has not been sitting by idly during this pandemic. They've been doing what they can to help us, as league operators and everyone else, as players, to get through it responsibly. I think they've done an admirable job and hope other billiards organizations have done the same.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not think the APA operator would have the right to even know if one or more players are Covid19 positive, and thus is in no position to inform anyone else.

But what this shows is that we live in a society where a lot of adult aged people are not acting like adults.

An adult would not go play league when he knew he was feeling sick (or even not well) or had been informed that someone inside his circle of germ transmission had tested positive--they would, instead, self isolate to protect the rest of society.

Had our entire population acted like adults we would still be under 50,000 deaths.

Apparently we live in a society devoid of people with character.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Mask, or not - if you venture out into the world, around people, you should have a reasonable expectation to be exposed to this virus and many others. This is never going away and will be part of our daily existence just as others are. You have no RIGHT to know anyone else's private medical information. Period. You don't want to risk exposure - stay inside.

If the world wasnt already morally bankrupt its the sick folks who should stay inside so they do not infect others. I suppose that would take the mental capacity to determine what is the right thing to do though, that can be tough to find for a lot of people.