Top 8 Peri Cue buys

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think any custom cue maker would make that top model for less than 5200. I don’t see the intricacies, if there are any, to justify that price.

Jayson Shaw showed off his Peri to a group of us at turning stone. It is loaded with inlays and said it was like 3500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koogz

I was watching him play (Jayson Shaw) and was curious about his cue, and found this thread. I was a bit sticker shocked at the more ornate cues, but also noticed their entry level cue as labeled is $195, and is interesting. I'm cross referencing another thread about "Cheap Cues", and it occurred to me, if this cue hits the same, (I'd like to try one to see), then it would be a heck of a starter cue at least.

Posting a pic, and the blurb from their site:
"The Baron P-D02 cue is made by a maple wood forearm, beautiful, and quality-made design overlays. Completed with a black leather wrap. This cue is an inexpensive way to get to know the Peri brand. The radial pin joint provides a solid hit. Suitable for beginners and intermediate players. Read more about the Baron P-D02."

I'm not fond of the "PERI" branding on the wrap. I don't think I'm out on a limb here is stating this is quite the production cue, and for maybe double the price one could find a nice custom 2 piece house cue that may not be glammed up, but hits better. Of course I'm speaking out of ignorance here. I've never touched a Peri Cue. Anyone in this discussion have more to put forth? I'm curious.

I don't think it would be much of a stretch to think the higher end models are a bit overpriced, based on my experience with other custom cue makers like Richard Black; Joel Herceck; SW; etc. I'd much rather a Black, than this. A SW at $5,000 can be had and cherished. Ah, the magic sticks of legend.

Peri-Baron-P-D02-1536x864.jpg

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Peri cues on display at the Jayson Shaw booth at the Expo were really sharp. They definitely looked like custom cue designs at production cue prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk