sponsor

frankybeanz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ive been on az for alittle while and have met alot of nice guy's i:e leon sly jim lee and a bunch more who where helpful with question! maybe this is the wrong section but myself and my partner are 2 young a players and u guys know all the expenses to compete to get to the next level! we are looking for cue,case or tip, sponsors to help with the daily grind! i see so many other unworthy players getting this help and it makes me mad! so i was wondering if anyone would help with equipment? we play alot of event's and would represent and help move products to the fullest! i know there is alot of people on here with big hearts that would help some kids give it a legit try and we ask no $ we scrape by with that but as you know good equipment is alot and we would be thankful for anyone to give us a break and we will wear t-shirts stickers or banners when we cash or win to help promote sales for the people that could give us a break in this tough sport! we know its alot but we would show all the love back to az and our sponsors! please give a hand to 2 a players trying to further our game and to help this great sport of pool!

thank you
frankie

p.s.
you can post or pm me

frankybeanz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
p.s guys i'm a stand up guy you can ask ralph the hitman capone and alot of others! i'm not looking to get over i'm just looking for help and i've seen some of the most nice cuemakers on az and everyone seemed to be family so please give some up and coming playes a chance!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
i see so many other unworthy players getting this help and it makes me mad!

So, I have to ask you a question.
What makes them unworthy and yourself worthy, in your mind?

PS - I am a stand up guy myself. Just ask me. I have done something that I am sure that no one in the entire world has ever
done. I have worked since I was 14 and paid for everything I own with hard earned money.
Maybe you should try it sometime. It actually works.
In the past, I have been known to actually have 2 jobs (as in delivering pizzas) to pay for luxuries.

I could say more but will refrain. Good luck in your search for freebies.

Last edited:

frankybeanz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well i work hard but with all the expensives as you know it gets hard! i play hard as my partner and would love to do well and maybe have alittle along the way! i see players who are no way near my speed with equipment sponsors and it hurts alittle! i would help with promotion and sales of course and if i get up further i'm loyal and dont forget who gave me a hand compete! i would return cues and what not if the sponsors were unhappy with the way things went but i have a big heart and so does my partner just looking for a break since i heard there are so many good people on this site!

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I admire your 'moxie' but that's about as far as it goes.
What makes you think that ANY of us has ANY money?
What extra money I can generate, goes back into my business.
I don't know anyone that has enough that they can give it to a couple of guys to play pool.
Most of us earn our money the old fashion way, we work for it.
Same thing as Terry said, just a different way of saying it.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Lesser players with equipment sponsors huh?
OK, here's what you do.
Set-up some matches with some of these sponsored players.
IF you win, you show the sponsor he's betting on the wrong horse.
If you lose, you shouldn't be jealous any longer.

KJ

frankybeanz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i respect some of your guys input and i apologize if anyone thinks i'm trying to take advantage but i'm not and i know it's hard to ask for this since i'm a man and have pride the sponsor is for myself but promised i would mention my buddy! it extremly hard for me to do this as i didnt want to sound like a leech and some of the guys made me feel like a grub which i'm not! i thought some of the more established makers could help since i'm not looking for a 3g cue just a nice player or a bk or tips!

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well i work hard but with all the expensives as you know it gets hard! i play hard as my partner and would love to do well and maybe have alittle along the way! i see players who are no way near my speed with equipment sponsors and it hurts alittle! i would help with promotion and sales of course and if i get up further i'm loyal and dont forget who gave me a hand compete! i would return cues and what not if the sponsors were unhappy with the way things went but i have a big heart and so does my partner just looking for a break since i heard there are so many good people on this site!

What other avenues have you taken to try to get sponsors besides panhandling on the internet?
I am sure those players you disdain for having sponsors have worked hard to get them and the sponsors find them worthy of their support.
These posting/resume's you have presented would end up in the trash by any employer and not get a second look. The truth is, what you are asking for is not very expensive to start with. Get a job and play in your spare time like most all other players, pool is not a profitable venture.

Trent

Banned
How about who are you?
where you from?
who have you beat?
what titles have you won?
what all do you expect?
what kind of exposure can you guarentee the maker?

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
How about who are you?
where you from?
who have you beat?
what titles have you won?
what all do you expect?
what kind of exposure can you guarentee the maker?

Good questions.....all very good.

Saying certain players are "unworthy" isn't something that paints you in a good light....honestly. Is this the same pitch you would give to the CEO of Predator, Tiger, ..ect....ect...?

From a business perspective, you would need to generate at least an equal amount of revenue to justify getting product for free.

Like Trent asked.

What do YOU have to offer?

BLACKHEARTCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To sponsor someone, BOTH parties have to get something out of it. What could a cuemaker get out of sponsoring a player, not known to the best pool players. The cuemaker gives you cues, worth hundreds or thousands that he could have sold. What can your relationship with him, replace that lose of money?...JER

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a cuemaker if you're going to give a young unknown player a cue, you better like that youngman alot because the return is nilch and the room for disappointment, betrayal, and downright skeeming is tremendous. Ask me how I know:) But I still hope somebody worthy comes along . Should have bought a $500 bottle of fine wine. :)

Mario

frankybeanz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
panhandling...this is what other good players told me to try to see if some of you fine people would lend a hand to a pool player/enthusiast knocking on every door and you guys make me feel like a freeloader! which im not i just thought so many people would like to help and get there product out here in n.y. which i would show and try to fill some orders for someone that helped! i apologize to anyone who thought im a shiester but you can ask alot of people about me and they will say i'm a standup guy who not rich!

frankybeanz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
frankie cologne l.i open 1st many other open tournys

from bay shore n.y.

also on the money list on az (predator tour and mezz)

cool with jerry at nycgrind.com and could have pics up all the time

will promote sell wear shirts or patches to represent my sponsor!

i'm not shane,hatch,mika but who here is sponsoring them on here?

i have heart........and will send back cue if we dont work or if we do we will make arrangments

Last edited:

frankybeanz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I have to ask you a question.
What makes them unworthy and yourself worthy, in your mind?

PS - I am a stand up guy myself. Just ask me. I have done something that I am sure that no one in the entire world has ever
done. I have worked since I was 14 and paid for everything I own with hard earned money.
Maybe you should try it sometime. It actually works.
In the past, I have been known to actually have 2 jobs (as in delivering pizzas) to pay for luxuries.

I could say more but will refrain. Good luck in your search for freebies.

blue its just hard showing up at a tourny and seeing a c player being sponsored by predator or some local cuemaker when alot of us give blood,sweat and tears to make it to higher levels...no freebies i'm no a begger just looking fo some help sir

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
Tap...Tap....Tap......

To sponsor someone, BOTH parties have to get something out of it. What could a cuemaker get out of sponsoring a player, not known to the best pool players. The cuemaker gives you cues, worth hundreds or thousands that he could have sold. What can your relationship with him, replace that lose of money?...JER

If you said you got heart. Well.....you gotta show show speed better than "C" level player. Make some copy of your Tournament results and post them here, maybe you'll find someone here to sponsor you.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
blue its just hard showing up at a tourny and seeing a c player being sponsored by predator or some local cuemaker when alot of us give blood,sweat and tears to make it to higher levels...no freebies i'm no a begger just looking fo some help sir

A very good player and friend once told me "never begrudge a player for making a good shot"....

You are whining. If a C player can get a sponsor from Predator or a local cuemaker, then they are doing something you are not.

What kind of cue are you playing with now? Shane plays pretty good with a Cuetec and you can get one pretty cheap.....

I am speaking honestly here. You haven't found anyone local to sponsor you and then turn here and provide local references.... Then you bash the ability of "lesser" players to obtain sponsors...

How are people suppose to react to you?

frankybeanz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A very good player and friend once told me "never begrudge a player for making a good shot"....

You are whining. If a C player can get a sponsor from Predator or a local cuemaker, then they are doing something you are not.

What kind of cue are you playing with now? Shane plays pretty good with a Cuetec and you can get one pretty cheap.....

I am speaking honestly here. You haven't found anyone local to sponsor you and then turn here and provide local references.... Then you bash the ability of "lesser" players to obtain sponsors...

How are people suppose to react to you?

not at all i'm not here to to that it is taking out of context! the only local i know is the tascarella's and they dont sponsor so look on nycgrind.com and az some of my stuff should still be there! i love c-b players they make up a big piece of the pie in pool! i'm sorry if i made anyone mad i just thought maybe someone would go out on a limb and help some1 to go to the next level with out worrying about good equipment! flyingsnail ask ralph capone and he'll tell u i'm a a to a+ player cause i know he knows u very well!

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
not at all i'm not here to to that it is taking out of context! the only local i know is the tascarella's and they dont sponsor so look on nycgrind.com and az some of my stuff should still be there! i love c-b players they make up a big piece of the pie in pool! i'm sorry if i made anyone mad i just thought maybe someone would go out on a limb and help some1 to go to the next level with out worrying about good equipment! flyingsnail ask ralph capone and he'll tell u i'm a a to a+ player cause i know he knows u very well!

Fair enough, but if a C player there can get a Predator, what is he or she doing that you are not?