Artemis cushions on Gold Crown 3?

I miss alot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m trying to determine which table I want next and I’m working with a well known local installer but wanted to get another opinion on here as this is a big investment. I’ve really wanted a 9’ diamond for some time but as we all know they are very expensive and hard to find used. The mechanic said he has a gold crown 3 that he can set up to play similar to a diamond. I asked if we can put the Artemis cushions on it and cut and shim the pockets similar to a diamond and he said he would most likely use another cushion called TPS or TBS I believe it’s called - that is very similar to artemis. I’m assuming it’s less expensive. The price difference is several thousand dollars to go with the GC 3 over the Diamond whether new or used. I’m a serious player and play in a lot of regional tour events but wanted some feedback from other mechanics before deciding. Thx

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I’m trying to determine which table I want next and I’m working with a well known local installer but wanted to get another opinion on here as this is a big investment. I’ve really wanted a 9’ diamond for some time but as we all know they are very expensive and hard to find used. The mechanic said he has a gold crown 3 that he can set up to play similar to a diamond. I asked if we can put the Artemis cushions on it and cut and shim the pockets similar to a diamond and he said he would most likely use another cushion called TPS or TBS I believe it’s called - that is very similar to artemis. I’m assuming it’s less expensive. The price difference is several thousand dollars to go with the GC 3 over the Diamond whether new or used. I’m a serious player and play in a lot of regional tour events but wanted some feedback from other mechanics before deciding. Thx

Who's the very well known mechanic?