Orcollo vs SVB confirmed

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
No love affair between these two old rivals. It should be interesting. I remember the back to back U.S. Opens when Shane beat Dennis in the finals. Two of the best matches I ever officiated. Dennis really wanted that title but Shane refused to give it up. They both left their guts out on that table!

And then then their was their ill fated partnership in the Paquiao tourney in the PI. They went from doubles partners to enemies over the course of three days. It got ugly between them and they've carried that grudge for years.

I tried more than once to create a reconciliation with no luck. I have mad respect for both of them, on and off the table.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read the info
it said"bets for both sides keep coming in so we should etc"

what kinda deal is this
are people betting and the players getting staked some kinda way

is that what all these things are doing?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
No love affair between these two old rivals. It should be interesting. I remember the back to back U.S. Opens when Shane beat Dennis in the finals. Two of the best matches I ever officiated. Dennis really wanted that title but Shane refused to give it up. They both left their guts out on that table!

And then then their was their ill fated partnership in the Paquiao tourney in the PI. They went from doubles partners to enemies over the course of three days. It got ugly between them and they've carried that grudge for years.

I tried more than once to create a reconciliation with no luck. I have mad respect for both of them, on and off the table.

This is gonna be The Thrilla in Manila of pool.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe playing for ppv revenue.

No way Dennis can BNR rate of 40% to match with Shane.

They need to play on 4.25" pockets.

TBH, watching the 10b break by Shane has lost its luster b/c the balls follow the same path on every break. It's almost like playing against the same 7-ball ghost.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

TBH, watching the 10b break by Shane has lost its luster b/c the balls follow the same path on every break. It's almost like playing against the same 7-ball ghost.

In their similar match 7 weeks ago (race to 100, Diamond table with std. pro-cut pockets, racking template), SVB and Shaw broke and ran at a 47% rate (57% of the 83% of breaks that were successful)!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I rate this a toss up. If I was Dennis or his backer I'd have tried to get one pocket added to the deal.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Whoever doctors the rack better probably wins this one.
Shane is the best rack mechanic outside of Corey , I think.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
To 120 in 10 ball over three days? That is going to drag. 100 is more than enough.

I remember the Efren-Earl COM match in HK.
It was supposed to be race to 100.
They extended it to 120.
Earl was ahead 104-87 and lost 117-120. :eek:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree about the break. SVB's 10 break gives Dennis's 10 ball beak the 7-out.

On the other hand, if SVB doesn't have a good B.n.R day, he will have his work cut out for him.

On tough equipment I would give the edge to Dennis. On pro cut equipment, I give the edge to SVB.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I rate this a toss up. If I was Dennis or his backer I'd have tried to get one pocket added to the deal.

Yes. Dennis would've been much better off. If SVB gets his break to work, well, it wont be as close as some think.

Shane's 10 ball break is just to much for a 1hole player to overcome.

Like i said above though, if SVB's break isn't there...Shane will have a bad day.

It should be some great pool regardless of who's game is on or off.

They are both world champs at anything pool.

Jeff

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is one of the greatest players on the planet, but, for some reason, I think Shane will prevail.

On average, his break dominates Dennis' break and, if it's working, that will be a major factor in the match.

And, I think Shane get's less "rattled" than Dennis does on occasion. I've seen Dennis show some sort of "negative emotion" on several occasions, but Shande seems to keep his emotions well hidden.

I think Dennis may be more "creative", but I think Shane plays more "textbook" and "consistent".

I hope they don't use "tiny" pockets for this match. I'd like to see some "packages" put up by both players in a "free for all". 120 games of "hide and seek" gets boring in a hurry.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Yes. Dennis would've been much better off. If SVB gets his break to work, well, it wont be as close as some think.

Shane's 10 ball break is just to much for a 1hole player to overcome.

Like i said above though, if SVB's break isn't there...Shane will have a bad day.

It should be some great pool regardless of who's game is on or off.

They are both world champs at anything pool.

Jeff

A 1 hole player :grin::grin:.
That's a good 1 :thumbup:
Insanely good pocket billiards player is what he is, and nobody in the world has to like it against him, in any of the games.
Much like Efren, the guy finds a way to come through when there's cash on the line.
His biggest weakness is so minuscule, that if Shane is off his game by a 1% Dennis will crush him, and vice versa.
I'm a Shane fanboy, but Dennis is a monster pure and simple.