For all those that have doubted my ideas to help improve this sport.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks RKC, I'm grateful and proud of you bud! I'm sure there were a lot of hurdles involved with your start up which most people would have never surpassed. Keep pushing the limits and good things will come.

I see where to buy the glue but where can the glue installation video be found?

I'm getting glue shipped to me right now, as soon as I have it in hand and can show it in the videos, I'll start making them, then the cloth manufacturers, distributors, Diamond, and YouTube will have them listed for free, step by step videos world wide.

PS, Any pool room that meets the requirements for a Pro Tours stop would have a chance of getting into the rotation of the Pro Tour.

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
…oouuuuu, I think the lid is a little loose on that can setting right there next to you,
500thou a month?!

Maybe so,
I like the idea of a epicenter gathering place, get a few dozen matching partners to
have the 64 table exhibition floor surrounded with lodging, eateries, many amenities
and such while also acting as the master hub for bullet train service smoking out
across the nation… hey it’s possible.

Congrats glenn, :thumbup2: I’ll be looking for it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
…oouuuuu, I think the lid is a little loose on that can setting right there next to you,
500thou a month?!

Maybe so,
I like the idea of a epicenter gathering place, get a few dozen matching partners to
have the 64 table exhibition floor surrounded with lodging, eateries, many amenities
and such while also acting as the master hub for bullet train service smoking out
across the nation… hey it’s possible.

Congrats glenn, :thumbup2: I’ll be looking for it.

Hmmm, how many countries are there with pool, snooker, and billiards tables? But you're probably right, my figures are probably on the LOW side;)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, any pool room with a minimum of 8 Diamond 9ft ProAms would serve as a ProTour stop, and the first match played would be the 16 Pros against the top 16 locals, then the final 16 players are in the money. This rotating system supports pool rooms, and still allows some amateurs to compete, but under the exact same rules the Pros play by, single elimination, race to 21, match time limits of 3 hours, no magic rack, no pattern racking, balls must be racked the same as determined by the set rules, and rack your own, no alternating breaks. People can laugh at my glue, they can joke about it all they want, but when I have world wide distribution by this coming summer, I'll be the one laughing when I'm depositing 500k a month🤣

I would suggest that race to 21 may be a bit long. Race to 15 or two out of three sets, each a race to seven should suffice. Glen, I don't think it serves any purpose to respond to detractors on here. There is one clear way to respond that always works. Get 'er done!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would suggest that race to 21 may be a bit long. Race to 15 or two out of three sets, each a race to seven should suffice. Glen, I don't think it serves any purpose to respond to detractors on here. There is one clear way to respond that always works. Get 'er done!

Spot on, on the race length, as well as, the get'r done. After a very short time it's considered nothing more than talk by most people which is why I also agree with the "he should stop responding to the naysayers", and just do it.

With money and support of anything, it's just like listening to players talk about playing.....after a while, if the task is not done, well, from then on people will take all you say as just a bunch of barking.

I learned that the hard way years ago. Never talk about something to much unless you actually "can" do it, not just want/plan to do it.

Most people have no idea just how much work/money it would take to do what Glen is suggesting.

Like most, I would love to see something along the lines of what you guys have described.

Very interesting to say the least,

Rake

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I've considered pretty much all the race formats, but I really want the match time limit of 3 hours. I also don't want to see a blow out in scores, so my thoughts are a 10 game spread is an automatic win by default, "don't bore the audience" 3 hour time limits and a 30 min break between rounds means start on time, end on time, and you KNOW when you're playing next, to the minute! I'm not interested in long, grinding, come from behind game winning matches, save that for gambling.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's like the cop asking you if you know how fast you were going.

Don't do it Glen!!:D

JC

JC, I'm now worried about questions like his, my glue is California compliant, that's good enough for me. I doubt anyone on AZB would even realize what it means that I completed a deal with Fastenal today for the distribution of my glue through over 2,600 locations and 25 countries. That's called world wide distribution😂

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks RKC, I'm grateful and proud of you bud! I'm sure there were a lot of hurdles involved with your start up which most people would have never surpassed. Keep pushing the limits and good things will come.

I see where to buy the glue but where can the glue installation video be found?

Waiting on a Fastenal part number to include it in the videos when I start making them so customers know how to pick up, or order in my glue to the nearest Fastenal store, as most branch locations won't be aware Fastenal is carrying my glue yet being a new item. Solving this part of distribution was a huge step in my plans as I can now get my glue to almost every pool playing country in the world. Free videos showing how to glue the cloth down on the slate, or how to replace rail cushions don't mean a thing if you can't get your hands on the best adhesive on the market to do the job.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...big accomplishment for sure,
I frequent them often, occasionally find what I'm looking for at a unreasonable price.
I'll have to say though, that label of yours on a shelf there will get my attention.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
...big accomplishment for sure,
I frequent them often, occasionally find what I'm looking for at a unreasonable price.
I'll have to say though, that label of yours on a shelf there will get my attention.

Quarts are $31.50 and gallons are $63.00 but that's single can prices, I'm sure Fastenal will agree with my case pricing as well, I'll know next week when I get the vendor forms submitted, and this is out of the normal for Fastenal, but they really like my ideas, so they're willing to work with me. After I create the demand for my glue, then we'll be taking the next steps to contract sales.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JC, I'm now worried about questions like his, my glue is California compliant, that's good enough for me. I doubt anyone on AZB would even realize what it means that I completed a deal with Fastenal today for the distribution of my glue through over 2,600 locations and 25 countries. That's called world wide distribution😂

Like myself, tons of people know just what it takes to get a distribution agreement with "any" company, especially a well known and sought after company. Not easily done but doesn't take a brain surgeon to know how. Did it as part of my job for over three decades.

I know you're gonna do well with your glue and most likely a couple other things. What will surprise me is seeing a complete sponsored pro tour as you described earlier. Not saying you are not "wanting" to do it.

To me, the pro tour idea will be harder to make happen than your glue product, no doubt in my mind.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Like myself, tons of people know just what it takes to get a distribution agreement with "any" company, especially a well known and sought after company. Not easily done but doesn't take a brain surgeon to know how. Did it as part of my job for over three decades.

I know you're gonna do well with your glue and most likely a couple other things. What will surprise me is seeing a complete sponsored pro tour as you described earlier. Not saying you are not "wanting" to do it.

To me, the pro tour idea will be harder to make happen than your glue product, no doubt in my mind.

The sale of my glue leads me to the next step in my plans, and that's to set up a Gunslingers Saloon Restaurant and event center. Just picture a 32 9ft table event center, with live broadcasting through 2 camera per table, viewing from head or foot of each table, being broadcast live on 32 channels through Dish Networks for $4.99 a month as an add on to your monthly bill, or through any cable provider for that matter. And as a viewer, you can choose which table you want to watch. Or, for $2.99 a month added to your phone bill, you can watch any table, your choice. When the tournament is filled with the top 64 players on the planet, players representing their countries in world championship tournaments, that will bring in millions upon millions of dollars in viewership supported revenues per event, THEN this sport will have the capital to support this sport on a Professional level on a weekly basis. When world champions are crowned, they keep their titles, and defend them on a regular basis against major tournament winners, who then have earned the rights to challenge the world champions for their titles in 1 on 1 events, all available to be viewed by all those around the world who want to watch live.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Once this level is accomplished, the additional revenues are used to open additional Gunslinger salon and event centers around the country, so that multiple tournaments can be promoted and ran at the sametime. Pros get rotated from event center to event center, juniors, seniors, male & female Pros have their own events, world champions defending their titles in 1pk, 14.1, banks, 10b, 9b, 8b, the viewership never stops, and neither does the streaming flow of revenues of income, then with the numbers in on viewerships world wide, in comes the additional sponsors wanting to get on board.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once this level is accomplished, the additional revenues are used to open additional Gunslinger salon and event centers around the country, so that multiple tournaments can be promoted and ran at the sametime. Pros get rotated from event center to event center, juniors, seniors, male & female Pros have their own events, world champions defending their titles in 1pk, 14.1, banks, 10b, 9b, 8b, the viewership never stops, and neither does the streaming flow of revenues of income, then with the numbers in on viewerships world wide, in comes the additional sponsors wanting to get on board.

I for one, like all pool enthusiasts will be extremely happy to pay a few dollars a month to have access to what you describe.

No doubt in my mind that if you or anyone else offers, it will be accepted...... and gratefully by people like myself.

I wish you all the luck in the world to make this happen.

Rake

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the intended use scenario of the glue outside of the pool industry? What product is it’s main competition? Is the labeling going to be the same?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What is the intended use scenario of the glue outside of the pool industry? What product is it’s main competition? Is the labeling going to be the same?

This glue has been reverse engineered to bond after its dry, so no other contact adhesive is a competitive factor. I'll be introducing it into the cabinet manufacturing industry in its spray formula, as well as the RV manufacturing industry, and the auto repair industry as well. I'll have my sample of the glue in a spray can application next week to test as well. I pretty much expect the same results of bonding with the spray can formula to be stronger than any spray glue on the market today.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
This glue has been reverse engineered to bond after its dry, so no other contact adhesive is a competitive factor. I'll be introducing it into the cabinet manufacturing industry in its spray formula, as well as the RV manufacturing industry, and the auto repair industry as well. I'll have my sample of the glue in a spray can application next week to test as well. I pretty much expect the same results of bonding with the spray can formula to be stronger than any spray glue on the market today.

If your spray adhesive is waterproof and stronger than 3M High Strength 90, you have a sure winner.

What is the size of the spray can, what is the MSRP and how soon will it be available?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If your spray adhesive is waterproof and stronger than 3M High Strength 90, you have a sure winner.

What is the size of the spray can, what is the MSRP and how soon will it be available?

My spray glue, like the roll on glue works like velcro. Spray 90 is a horrible glue to use when spray gluing Valley rails when recovering them. Anyone using the 90 on rails is a hack, when pulling the rail cloth off to recover the rails, it strips the wood of the back of the rails as well. My glue is like pulling velcro apart, shear strength is what's needed, not permanent bonding. 3M77 used to install bar table bed cloths don't hold because it don't have a shear strength strong enough to keep the stretch of the cloth tight, which is why it fails. I don't know what size cans are going to be available yet, so I can answer those questions yet, same as pricing, that's also effected by quantity when buying from my manufacturer. 3M90 also has a fast drying time, and won't bond if already dry, so it has to be reapplied.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
The sale of my glue leads me to the next step in my plans, and that's to set up a Gunslingers Saloon Restaurant and event center. Just picture a 32 9ft table event center, with live broadcasting through 2 camera per table, viewing from head or foot of each table, being broadcast live on 32 channels through Dish Networks for $4.99 a month as an add on to your monthly bill, or through any cable provider for that matter. And as a viewer, you can choose which table you want to watch. Or, for $2.99 a month added to your phone bill, you can watch any table, your choice. When the tournament is filled with the top 64 players on the planet, players representing their countries in world championship tournaments, that will bring in millions upon millions of dollars in viewership supported revenues per event, THEN this sport will have the capital to support this sport on a Professional level on a weekly basis. When world champions are crowned, they keep their titles, and defend them on a regular basis against major tournament winners, who then have earned the rights to challenge the world champions for their titles in 1 on 1 events, all available to be viewed by all those around the world who want to watch live.

Wow!!! And I thought you were just a dumb old table mechanic that lived like a gypsy, I sure was wrong. Just kidding of course and my table you worked on is still playing great.

Next year I might need you to hop on your personal jet and recover it.

BTW...Gunslingers might not be a politically correct term these days and I hope your product is protected by a strong patent.

Last edited: