Advantages to Neoprene facings

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently I ordered standard 1/8" cloth covered facings from Muellers, haven't installed them yet. I'm wondering now what might be the advantage to using the same thickness facings in Neoprene? Whether those are 60d or maybe 50d which is what I thought Ken @ Classic Billiards had mentioned.

I don't necessarily want my table to play like a Diamond, but I don't necessarily dislike them terribly either...given the choice I prefer a GC but don't have strong feeling about it either way, I just spend most of my time playing on GCs around here.

For the last couple years I've been on 1/4" 60d facings, but am finally getting to extending the subrails. I haven't liked how these thick ones played, and I know I shouldn't avoid Neoprene on that account as the experience will be different, but it is what drove my decision to get the old-fashioned ones.

Mostly I just want something that will stay glued down, is reasonably easy to trim, and won't harden up (table is in the house).

Probably overthinking it, just trying to get everything right before I remove the rails and get into this job.

Thanks for any advice.