Illinois Billiards Club's 40th Season

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I put this here in the 14.1 section because of The IBC's long support of straight pool and because there is still some straight pool to be had during the upcoming season. This would perhaps be of interest to Chicago area players, mainly.

"The IBC Carom & Pocket Billiards Triathlon"

Something Old and Something New ...
America's Oldest, Historically Elegant Private Billiard Club - The Illinois Billiard Club (IBC)
http://190north.com/episodes/Americas-Oldest-Billiard-Club/8360045
Hosts the First Carom and Pocket Billiards Triathlon League of its kind!

This IBC Commemorative 40th Anniversary League has been designed specifically for the very reasons the IBC was first founded and has endured ... "The love of a game, and those who would enhance it" ... not money! There are no cash prizes to be won, but rather far more enduring - an opportunity to win
the wealth of lifetime friendships through the social, educational and/or competitive sides of billiards.

"14.1 Straight Pool" - "8 & 9-Ball" - "Three-Cushion Billiards"
Play in either one - two - or all three divisions of your choice!
Each division has its own schedule unrelated to the other two divisions.
Educational - Social - Competitive - Highly Affordable

Schedule of Disciplines
Three-Cushion Billiards - Monday thru Thursday
8 & 9-Ball (US Amateur Handicapped Format) - Monday
14.1 Straight Pool - Tuesday thru Thursday
To better service personal schedules, matches can begin as early
as 1 PM or as late as 9 PM
League fee per division: $15 pp per week

Triathlon League Awards include ...
IBC Gold Seal Certificates of validation suitable for framing are awarded to the top 50% of all three divisions.
End of season banquet hosted in Bonnie's Dining & Banquets 100-seat dining room.

Join Today!
To save time you can simply join a league of your choice by responding to
PJimandBon@aol.com and say; "Jim, Bonnie - Please, count me in
(to any one, two or all three all divisions) and forward my schedule and
further details to me at my E-mail address listed below. I will print a copy of the
IBC's membership form and mail or bring it along with my annual dues before
September 1st. I also have a friend or two who would like to join as well and have
forwarded your club information to other friends who might also be interested
in joining. Their names and E-mail addresses are listed below.
Please add their addresses to your IBC list as well.
"Thanks for the past 39 years - looking forward to the next"!
Take advantage of the IBC's 40th Anniversary Membership Special
Join the IBC before September 1, 2012 at a cost of $135 and save $240 on
your 2013 annual membership - in addition to receiving the 4 month balance of
2012 absolutely FREE - totaling a $425 value.
Now until September 1, 2012 - 16 months for $135! (less than 28 cents a day).

This offer and league availability expires in less than three weeks from the release of this special offer.
Don't just think or read about billiards long history - join the IBC - and become an active part of
making billiards history - richer, more appealing to a larger audience, and, far more socially inviting!
Contact the IBC now and sign up for your choice - membership only or membership and league contender.
Contact information listed below - as for the last 40 years - just ask for Jim or Bonnie Parker.

The IBC key club memberships include - IBC members are not required to participate in competitive events but rather have their option to use of the club's antique billiard room to entertain their own families, friends and co-workers and/or host their own corporate meetings, parties and special events. Imagine, turn a boring corporate meeting into an exciting corporate team building experience when near the close of a meeting and after lunch/dinner, socialize and play pool on any of 8 of the IBC's antique tables. IBC members also receive a 25% discount on all billiard related charges when in conjunction with their prearranged private dinner parties and special dining events that include 15 to 115 guests hosted at the IBC's adjoining sister business - Bonnie's Dining & Banquets.
708-839-5820 / http://www.partiesatbonnies.com/

Bonnie's & IBC -- As featured on ABC-TV 190 North - Check it out!
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=8359795

Take advantage of the IBC's 40th Anniversary Full Range of Membership Specials

IBC Renewal Membership Dues - 2013
1 year ... Due by 12/31/12 ... $150
1 year ... Due by 9/1/12 ... $135
3 year ... Due by 9/1/12 ... $375
5 year ... Due by 9/1/12 ... $500
LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP ... Due by 9/1/12 ... $1,000
(Ironically, exactly what it was over 30 years ago)!

IBC Dues Designed for Reinstating IBC Members
Annual Dues are the same as Renewal Members listed above plus an additional $35 renewal fee.
Note: Reinstating memberships signed on by 9/1/12 receive the balance of 2012 and all of 2013.

New Members - IBC First Time Membership Dues - 2013
Standard One Time Registration Fee ... $225
Annual Dues ... $150
Total Due upon joining by 12/31/2012 ... $375

* Limited Offer - Now Accepting New Members joining and paid by 9/1/2012
1 year, including a one time registration fee ... Due by 9/1/12 (16 months) ... $285
3 year ... Due by 9/1/12 ... $525
5 year ... Due by 9/1/12 ... $650
LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP ... Due by 9/1/12 ... $1,150
Note: All new memberships signed on by 9/1/12 receive the balance of 2012 and all of 2013.

ANNUAL CORPORATE MEMBERSHIPS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FROM $1,000 TO $8,000
Corporate memberships signed on by 9/1/12 receive the balance of 2012 and all of 2013.

Attachments

• IBC.JPG
    IBC.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 143

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mention above that with a membership there is a 25% discount on billiard charges. Is a membership required or is it open to the public? What is the cost of table time after the 25% discount?

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
You mention above that with a membership there is a 25% discount on billiard charges. Is a membership required or is it open to the public? What is the cost of table time after the 25% discount?

Jim: It is a private club and is not open to the public. One must be a member or a guest of a member. I think the table time might be $4 an hour, so that would bring it down to $3 if I am not mistaken.

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim: It is a private club and is not open to the public. One must be a member or a guest of a member. I think the table time might be $4 an hour, so that would bring it down to $3 if I am not mistaken.

That's what I thought. So for this special offer, $135 (before Sep. 1) gets you a membership for the rest of this year and all of next year, right? No registration fees on top of that?

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
That's what I thought. So for this special offer, $135 (before Sep. 1) gets you a membership for the rest of this year and all of next year, right? No registration fees on top of that?

Jim: Did you forget that you live in Texas??:confused:

Give Jim Parker a call. If you do something, I do not want to have misconstrued Jim. The posting above was an email he sent and asked me to spread the word.

we have had members from other states including the illustrious

Elvicash! :D

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim: Did you forget that you live in Texas??:confused:

Give Jim Parker a call. If you do something, I do not want to have misconstrued Jim. The posting above was an email he sent and asked me to spread the word.

we have had members from other states including the illustrious

Elvicash! :D

Oh yeah, that's right. I wish you didn't remind me of that. :frown:

It would be difficult to justify especially since I probably would only be able to take advantage of it just a few times or so over the course of the next 16 months. It sounds like a great place with a lot of interesting history!