New Article in BD: Morra, Nevel, Joyner

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting. Nice article.

One of the most moving things I've seen in pool was Cliff Joyner overcome with emotion at the One Pocket Hall of Fame dinner this year when Scott Frost and others paid tribute to him and welcomed him back.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent, quite moving narrative, J.D. I admire your ingenious integration of former health-afflicted champions whose inspiring stories serve as perfect corollaries for the three modern players who similarly love the game enough to prevail over their own severe challenges.

Many thanks for your research, writing skills and compassionate presentation.

Among its many merits, your article is a very memorable reminder of how distinctly unimportant our own occasional pool-related gripes and grievances are, by comparison.

Arnaldo

J.D. Dolan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the comments, everybody. I spoke to Cliff last night and he tells me he's doing well. He made it safely through the tornado near his home in Alabama, and he's getting ready to play in the Scotty Townsend Memorial Tournament—which is where he had the stroke last year.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Thanks for the comments, everybody. I spoke to Cliff last night and he tells me he's doing well. He made it safely through the tornado near his home in Alabama, and he's getting ready to play in the Scotty Townsend Memorial Tournament—which is where he had the stroke last year.

All good to hear and thanks for the article.

This sort of thing always reminds me of what my older sister likes to say, "There are no "Do-Overs" in life" refering to a childhood comment. Folks, there is no time like the present to live life to the fullest.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Man, I wish somebody would post this on AZ for FB abstainers...
...I can use a friend’s FB account when I see him....but this belongs on AZ