Dave Bollman

Horsetrader

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We lost Dave this year, so sad. A real classy pool player, pool repair guy, pro golfer too.
Read full story here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pi...?n=david-lee-bollman&pid=168502593&fhid=15627

David Lee Bollman (1942 - 2013) Obituary Guest Book 11 entries The Guest Book is expired. David Lee BollmanVirginia Beach - David L (Bomeister) Bollman, 71 of Va Beach passed away on Tuesday. He was born in Sheldon, IA, on February 14, 1942, to Alma and James Bollman.Dave attended Iowa State University, served in the U.S. Navy, and was on both the PGA and PBA Tours.He was the House Pro at Q-Master Billiards (Norfolk Va.) for over 30 years making and repairing pool cues.His honesty, kindness and wisdom made him a well respected and loved member by many in the community. Dave is survived by his daughter Maryann Bollman.There will be a Celebration of Life Wednesday, December 18, 5 to 8 p.m. at Q-Master Billiards in Va. Beach.

He trained Damon Watson and Damon is a well known cue repair man station in Salem Or.

Last edited:

Horsetrader

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave Bollman.jpg

David Lee Bollman (1942 - 2013) Obituary Guest Book 11 entries The Guest Book is expired. David Lee BollmanVirginia Beach - David L (Bomeister) Bollman, 71 of Va Beach passed away on Tuesday. He was born in Sheldon, IA, on February 14, 1942, to Alma and James Bollman.Dave attended Iowa State University, served in the U.S. Navy, and was on both the PGA and PBA Tours.He was the House Pro at Q-Master Billiards for over 30 years making and repairing pool cues.His honesty, kindness and wisdom made him a well respected and loved member by many in the community. Dave is survived by his daughter Maryann Bollman.There will be a Celebration of Life Wednesday, December 18, 5 to 8 p.m. at Q-Master Billiards in Va. Beach.

Dave was a really good man. Very good at working on your cues. A very Honorable man, which is rare in the pool world. It's safe to say I really like Dave. Damon Watson also was a students of Dave's.

Last edited:

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
Thanks, makes me feel better about pool players. Dave was a class act.

I've known Mr. Bollman for many years. I loved sitting in his shop and talking to him. Didn't matter what was going on, he would always take the time to share his wisdom. He loved talking about cue making. He was ferocious on the golf course in his earlier years. Played pool with respect and grace. And would rake you dry playing gin. I sure miss him. Now I have to find someone else to do my cue work.:frown:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I will always remember Dave. In my earlier years of playing one pocket, he passed through New Orleans and visited the infamous Sport Palace where I cut my teeth on the game.

I, nor anyone else knew who he was and when he played me even up for either ten or twenty a game with a house cue and beat me rather easily, I thought he just might be a champion. He beat me three games in a row and so I got real close to him and whispered, "I am a top C player at one pocket and anyone who can beat me with a house cue is most likely a pro player. There are bigger fish to fry here than little ole me." Dave didn't say anything but he promptly lost 3 games in a row and quit. In a few minutes, one of the bigger fish jumped up and played him a race to 4 for $300 and Dave brought out his custom cue and filleted that guy rather quickly and then the word got out who he was. I never found out who knocked Dave's action but he seemed like a nice guy. At least he let me off the hook. :grin:

JoeyA

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bollman story

Been away from the forum for a long time. In the early eighties, when Jimmy Hodges owned a room in Ky, all the top players were there. I watched Bollman playing Jimmy Mataya getting the 7 ball at a healthy bet for many hours. Many, many hours.....very colorful match.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how many in this blog know Dave?? It doesn't seem like many.

Yes I knew Dave. I always sent my shafts to him to put tips on.

As crazy as it sounds, but when he put a tip on my shafts, they really hit good.

I mean...it hit better than just a new tip put on a cue. It was always awesome.

Great guy and great player! I remember he played with a 60 inch or more cue.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
My first bigger tourney about 30 years ago I drew Dave in the first round.

I one the first game, and after that, I got to the table 3 more times, looking at multi rail kick shots.

He had me locked up tighter than a crabs azz. He was a really nice guy away from the table and a fierce competitor on it.