How can Charlie Willians be Mosconi Coach!???

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
http://dragonpromotions.com/koreavsjapan2006.html

Someone PLEASE explain to me how a member of Team Korea can coach Team USA!??

I mean, chit, if that's the case--- why don't we enlist Efren to coach Team USA? Right??

Dear Matchroom:

You guys are a bunch of donkeys. I've never seen anyone screw up so bad.

EDIT:

If Effy isn't available, I vote for Bustamante to be our coach.

Last edited:

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If what was mentioned in the other thread is true, Matchroom gave the 3 returning players from last year a short list of people to choose from. They chose CW, not Matchroom.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If what was mentioned in the other thread is true, Matchroom gave the 3 returning players from last year a short list of people to choose from. They chose CW, not Matchroom.

The two of the "3 returning members" are members of Dragon, CW's organization.

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is that allowed? How can you play for Korea and the U.S.A? There seems to be some eligibility problems here. I know he has played for the U.S.A before but may have been a mistake.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The moment you play for a foreign team--- you're not on the american team anymore. You can't have your cake and eat it too. What other national teams does CW play for?

Looking at the poster makes me sick, really. Mr. Team Korea is coaching our Mosconi Cup team.

As for the players choosing Charlie? Gee whiz... that's not a conflict of interest, is it? That's like someone asking me how I like my job when my boss is standing right next to me. CW has those other players hemmed-up and hen-pecked. Of course they're going to pick him -- he's their meal ticket outside of the MC.

Picking CW as coach was prob as much on-the-square as his World 14.1 bracket drawing.

"How much are you paying? Ok. How much are you paying? Ahhh... Ok -- I'm on your national team." You can't pick and choose which national team you play for -- that's insane.

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The moment you play for a foreign team--- you're not on the american team anymore. You can't have your cake and eat it too. What other national teams does CW play for?

Looking at the poster makes me sick, really. Mr. Team Korea is coaching our Mosconi Cup team.

As for the players choosing Charlie? Gee whiz... that's not a conflict of interest, is it? That's like someone asking me how I like my job when my boss is standing right next to me. CW has those other players hemmed-up and hen-pecked. Of course they're going to pick him -- he's their meal ticket outside of the MC.

Picking CW as coach was prob as much on-the-square as his World 14.1 bracket drawing.

"How much are you paying? Ok. How much are you paying? Ahhh... Ok -- I'm on your national team." You can't pick and choose which national team you play for -- that's insane.
He is the promoter of the event so he didn't even have to ask anyone. Just put himself in.

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't racist either before anyone decides to throw that in. Its a fact of international pride. Ask Varner if he wants to represent team Germany, I am willing to bet its a very loud NO!

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look, theres nothing that can be done about it. It's wrong, but alot of things are wrong.

Dragon Promotions is more corrupt than President Obama and the dems, but not much you can do once they are elected, same here.

You ever notice Charlie Williams has lived in Florida for how long? And how many pool players reside in Florida? And how many top players are in Florida? And you should wonder why does Dragon/Charlie never hold events in the Sunshine State. Theres a reason for this. Being from florida I have a very good idea.

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CW was chosen...if you want to complain, call JA, Rodney, and SVB
Thats fine, but the question is. Should he be able to play part of Captain? Even if everyone on the world says he is the best coach ever. Does that mean he can play for any country he wants if they need his help?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The two of the "3 returning members" are members of Dragon, CW's organization.
thanks for the illumination.:smile:
IMO, 'who is coaching the US MC Team?' is hardly of concern. It is just comical to watch though, men's pro pool.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Here's what I posted in the other thread...there's something more to the story than he PLAYED for Korea...

I know this isn't a popular opinion to have, but I think CW will do a good job as Captain. Maybe even great. There, I said it & I believe it.

That's not to say I think he's an appropriate choice, but I recognize that he seems to pull good performances out of those he coaches.

My consternation with his election comes from his flimsy patriotism (not the alleged issues hinted at earlier in this thread).

1) He calls himself "the Korean Dragon".

2) He has played under Korean "nationality" overseas.

3) He was born in Seoul (not the US as reported by others).

4) He plays on Team Korea during team tourneys.

With that said, he's PLAYED on the MC team 5 times! The argument is already over. We all know he is a good political mover, so if he was deemed eligible to play 5 times by Matchroom, it's an easy argument for him to demonstrate that he's eligible to coach.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Here's what I posted in the other thread...there's something more to the story than he PLAYED for Korea...

Based on your argument, guys like Mika and Darren should be on Team USA since they live here.

De facto standard doesn't apply, imo. All that shows is nobody pays attention and things slide by.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I believe Charlie was born in America, I find more fault with him playing on Team Korea because he is an American, either way there were many better choices like Allen Hopkins, Nick Varner, Buddy Hall or even Earl!

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Charlie was born in America, I find more fault with him playing on Team Korea because he is an American, either way there were many better choices like Allen Hopkins, Nick Varner, Buddy Hall or even Earl!

He was born in Korea. I've seen several player bios of his that say he was born in Seoul, South Korea.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
He was born in Korea. I've seen several player bios of his that say he was born in Seoul, South Korea.

I see that on the bios, but heard somewhere he was born in America, well then I retract my statement and say he should not be Captain unless he is a US citizen then it might not be so bad. :cool: